The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
No pull carts? Ouch!

The theory behind a walking only course is to keep huge games tradition in tact. The game is played at Aronimink the way it was meant to be played since the 1800s.

The only way you can get a cart is if you take a caddy too, and have a handicap of some sort.

The theory behind a walking only course is to keep huge games tradition in tact. The game is played at Aronimink the way it was meant to be played since the 1800s.

The only way you can get a cart is if you take a caddy too, and have a handicap of some sort.

My game is still my handicap...lol

I'm with you White Rhino :)

We carried our own bags, as the caddies were off yesterday.

I love that. Kinda helps when they give you a heads up about it though so you take any unneeded stuff out of your bag, but walking a course > riding in a cart. I find I play a bit better cause after you hit a bad shot you have time to cool off about it instead of still being peeved as you approach your ball. Usually walking friendly courses are exit green, enter next tee box too and not the quarter mile walk to the next hole. So jealous of you three getting to play there!

I was up all night throwing up violently. I think I got sun stroke yesterday.

Still waiting on my fever to break, I've had 3 showers in the last 6 hours. This sucks.

Damn man, I hope you recover quickly.

So I'm in route to the airport and I'm
Sitting in the back of a cab with very little air that smells like curry and the driver talking in a language I do not understand.
As we are driving a large piece of another car falls off and is sitting in the middle of the road. Mind you I'm in the back seat and see all of this. Mr taxi driver doesn't and the runs over the debris! Double flat tire and punctured oil pan.
Immediate heat in the car he gets out starts cursing and waving arms as I sit in this st Louis hot box taxi sweat'n to the oldies. He finally comes back but won't let me out as he doesn't want to lose the fare. Another cab just happens to pull up and they start fighting. Im now pissed and want out of the car. Finally let me out and I am now at airport. Thank god!!

So I'm in route to the airport and I'm
Sitting in the back of a cab with very little air that smells like curry and the driver talking in a language I do not understand.
As we are driving a large piece of another car falls off and is sitting in the middle of the road. Mind you I'm in the back seat and see all of this. Mr taxi driver doesn't and the runs over the debris! Double flat tire and punctured oil pan.
Immediate heat in the car he gets out starts cursing and waving arms as I sit in this st Louis hot box taxi sweat'n to the oldies. He finally comes back but won't let me out as he doesn't want to lose the fare. Another cab just happens to pull up and they start fighting. Im now pissed and want out of the car. Finally let me out and I am now at airport. Thank god!!

Wow Freddie, that's insane. Other than this, how was your stay in fair St Louis?

Wow Freddie, that's insane. Other than this, how was your stay in fair St Louis?

The trip was a complete success. Met and secured new clients. Ate at Pappy and mike Shannon's and made it to the final table in a poker event. I have a few other thoughts that I'll keep to myself. St Louis is an interesting city.

My rant is places that turn things into traditions that shouldn't be. There is a reason no one used golf carts in the 1800s.

The trip was a complete success. Met and secured new clients. Ate at Pappy and mike Shannon's and made it to the final table in a poker event. I have a few other thoughts that I'll keep to myself. St Louis is an interesting city.

Tadashi you picked arguably my two favorite spots in St. Louis to eat. Pappys is awesome BBQ and Mike Shannon's is just a cool place with a pretty good steak

Did you play the tourney at Lumiere?

So the other day, I was playing on a Par3 with my brother who is new at golf and learning, and sure enough he tees off and tops the ball, anyways, this old guy comes rushing us from behind and is getting all grumpy-even though I've taught my brother to play ready golf and pick up his ball and play best ball in the meantime-and the old guy is really rude and we ask him if he wants to join us since the next three holes are blocked up by other players, he of course says no because he doesn't want to play with inexperienced players like me and my brother-I hit the green by the way. . .Anyways, the guy rudely jumps in front, without asking and drives off angrily to the next tee box and then has to wait anyways for the next people to finish teeing off so by the time we get there, he's still waiting.

He tees off and sure enough he tops the ball just like my brother-the rest of the day we were stuck behind him as he hits 15 foot drives, weak slices, tops and pop up shots. . .the point of the story is he had no reason to act the way he did since even my beginner brother was playing just as good as him. . .I can't stand people like this.

So the other day, I was playing on a Par3 with my brother who is new at golf and learning, and sure enough he tees off and tops the ball, anyways, this old guy comes rushing us from behind and is getting all grumpy-even though I've taught my brother to play ready golf and pick up his ball and play best ball in the meantime-and the old guy is really rude and we ask him if he wants to join us since the next three holes are blocked up by other players, he of course says no because he doesn't want to play with inexperienced players like me and my brother-I hit the green by the way. . .Anyways, the guy rudely jumps in front, without asking and drives off angrily to the next tee box and then has to wait anyways for the next people to finish teeing off so by the time we get there, he's still waiting.

He tees off and sure enough he tops the ball just like my brother-the rest of the day we were stuck behind him as he hits 15 foot drives, weak slices, tops and pop up shots. . .the point of the story is he had no reason to act the way he did since even my beginner brother was playing just as good as him. . .I can't stand people like this.

next time, Bridge Slap him!

Tadashi you picked arguably my two favorite spots in St. Louis to eat. Pappys is awesome BBQ and Mike Shannon's is just a cool place with a pretty good steak

Did you play the tourney at Lumiere?

I did play at Lumiere but the poker event was a private game attached to my function. The winner won a set in the world poker tour championship. I got a bunch of swag and a pat on the back. Making it to the final table was cool but I was not in position to push anyone around.
Pappy's was good as was shannon's. Best food of the visit.

i am dumb! thats my real rant. didn't wear a hat yesterday and didn't use sun screen. looks like im not shaving my head for a few days. it hurts just looking at it.

I fell asleep on my couch yesterday evening while watching the Braves. I woke up at 8:30 and thought I had overslept and was extremely late for work. I was scrambling around the bathroom when I woke up a little more and realized that the Braves were still playing and that it was 8:30pm and not 8:30am. I felt like an idiot.
There's not a couch in the world that SethO won't sleep on.

What an ass. I think I would have gone ahead and teed off before him on that next hole.

There's not a couch in the world that SethO won't sleep on.

What an ass. I think I would have gone ahead and teed off before him on that next hole.

Yep, he made me angry but hey I was able to spend more time on instruction so it was ok but that guy was out of line

I wish the course I played at would actually keep and update a schedule. I understand they're going to have events and outings there, but please let me bleeping know. I had stuff I had to do today that I rescheduled earlier last week for tomorrow because tomorrow is traditionally ladies day at the course. So I changed my scheduled to be able to go play today and get a bunch of stuff in and then do the stuff that was originally scheduled for today tomorrow, everything fits nicely and everybody wins.

I get to the course and they have some outing going on that was not on the schedule and I never heard mentioned once. So now I have today and tomorrow ruined because they're to bleeping lazy to keep a calender that keeps the members abreast of what the upcoming events are.

If they had a calender and updated it it I could look at it and keep my schedule in tune with theirs. bleeping nonsensical

Coming off the sixth hole I see two ladies in a cart waiting behind the tee box who were not in front of me before. I finish up and drive over by the mens tees and wait for the green to clear (short par 4 that I can reach). As I get out of my cart to grab my 3 wood these ladies drive up around me and park right in front of me by the ladies tees. I just went to tee my ball up and wait the minute it would be for the group to finish putting. Right before I was gonna hit the ladies get out of their cart and proceed to tee up their balls and hit right in front of me. After the first lady hits I just raised my arms and gave them the WTH look. Second lady just looks at me, shrugs, and hits her ball. From there I told her I was in front of them and was waiting for the green to clear, and I'd appreciate if they'd let me hit my ball now because they cut in front of me. She just says that they were there first and drives off. Ten minutes later I can finally hit and I finish the hole in three minutes. They were just getting ready to hit on the eighth and and I just said that I was gonna go ahead and hit because they weren't ready yet and they cut in front of me on the last hole. So they don't say anything and I go to hit. As I'm taking my practice swing they drive ten yards in front of the tee box (par 3) and drop balls and hit. At this point I was stunned. Who does that? I just waited behind them for the last two holes because they were gonna play the same game if I tried to go ahead. Oh some people...

I love having the first tee time in my tournament tomorrow because we can play at a fast pace. I don't love having to wait around 2 and a half hours after the round for everyone to finish.

I'm surprised that something like this happened to you, Icemann.

This made me snort. My rant is now me being ashamed for snorting aloud.

These kinds of things are attracted to me and my public course where people like this like to hang out.

I always say you have to look at the common denominator with these things. Either way, don't stop being you.

I've played a lot of public courses and I've never had even a tenth of those kinds of issues. You need to wear brighter clothing or something so people can see you better. Maybe a rainbow wig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back