The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully not Cookie, I bet working from home would be awesome!

Have to be in downtown Dallas today for migration of my PC to Windows 7.

New dog at home and I hated leaving him this morning.

Working from home rocks but there is a decent chance I have to start working in Dallas again after an upcoming reorg.

Yay.......had the pleasure of just cutting a check for almost $2000 to get one of my heating units working again. It's so awesome when stuff craps out right after the warranty expires, there goes pretty much all current club ponders for a bit.

I don't know what we were thinking, we love winter golf but 32* weather is still hard to swallow hahahaha especially exposed to the wlementa

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

Finding a wedding venue sucks balls.

Sad to say, churches are sometimes cheaper, but the location brings some limitstions

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

Have to be in downtown Dallas today for migration of my PC to Windows 7.

New dog at home and I hated leaving him this morning.

Working from home rocks but there is a decent chance I have to start working in Dallas again after an upcoming reorg.
Wow! That's no bueno!!! Where will THP time come from now?! Ha!

Sad to say, churches are sometimes cheaper, but the location brings some limitstions

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

Yea we (obviously) thought about a church, but we decided it simply isn't right for us. We want a big party that we just happened to get married at, lol. We are going to look at a venue today, so hopefully it works out.

Yea we (obviously) thought about a church, but we decided it simply isn't right for us. We want a big party that we just happened to get married at, lol. We are going to look at a venue today, so hopefully it works out.

How about an Irish pub? That would be awesome but not too much room

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

How about an Irish pub? That would be awesome but not too much room

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

Unfortunately we are going to have about 200 people. These are the issues we are facing with potential venues:

-Not big enough for 200ish people.
-Don't allow outside catering (most require you to use their caterers and are $35+ per person, that's not happening)
-Don't allow outside alcohol (places want to charge up to $250 to tap a keg, that's more than the keg costs, and $15 to open a bottle of wine, and that's more than the wine we would use)
-No info on their website so it is a huge game of phone tag or multiple emails to get the necessary info (see above).
-Etc, etc, etc

Ugggghhhhh.

Wow! That's no bueno!!! Where will THP time come from now?! Ha!

iPad gets a data plan if I have to come here everyday!

Only 20. But then have to start paying for parking, gas, etc. just have it really easy right now.

Finding a wedding venue sucks balls.

The second you say the word wedding, add dollar signs man. You're better off just finding a big field and saying to the owner hey can we borrow this for a while?

The second you say the word wedding, add dollar signs man. You're better off just finding a big field and saying to the owner hey can we borrow this for a while?

Yep, it worked for Woodstock.

Tell me about it. It's one huge money pit. I forgot to add that we are doing it THIS spring, yes like 3 months from now spring. With the NW weather being so unpredictable, and so much rain in the spring, it has to be indoors.

Tell me about it. It's one huge money pit. I forgot to add that we are doing it THIS spring, yes like 3 months from now spring. With the NW weather being so unpredictable, and so much rain in the spring, it has to be indoors.

That's half the fun buddy!

A great family friend of mine is the multnomah county chaplain and a pastor at First Baptist Church in Portland, very nice church. I dont know much about weddings or places to have them but if he were to be the one to marry you i'm sure you'd love it, and i'm not sure how much it would cost but.. Ahh nvm. Good luck with your search.

Being on vacation at a resort that has 27 holes of golf is no fun when you are stuck on the couch under a blanket and your entire body hurts. I'm tired of being sick. I was planning to play golf every day on this trip, but that's not going to happen.

Sent from Tapatalk

Stick with it Jconn, it takes some work to find that perfect place, especially on your timetable.

Ary sorry to hear that, a round a day is mandatory on vacation.

Being on vacation at a resort that has 27 holes of golf is no fun when you are stuck on the couch under a blanket and your entire body hurts. I'm tired of being sick. I was planning to play golf every day on this trip, but that's not going to happen.

Sent from Tapatalk

Wow, that does suck Amol! Sorry to hear that.

I am on vacation and and was planning on playing everyday too....unfortunately it's been cool and wet and windy the last couple of days....thought I was going to get a break and tried to play today only to have it start raining on the 4th tee box.

Stick with it Jconn, it takes some work to find that perfect place, especially on your timetable.

Ary sorry to hear that, a round a day is mandatory on vacation.

Thanks man. We will find a venue eventually. Just tough with all of our restrictions.

Sent from Tapatalk

Doctors aren't suppose to get sick!!! Get well Doc!

Thanks man. We will find a venue eventually. Just tough with all of our restrictions.

Divide and conquer. Men often take the honeymoon planning to avoid all this stuff.

It is a bit of a poke for you but friends were married like 3 years ago at the Oregon Historical Society in Oregon City. I believe they had about 200 people. I am pretty certain they were able to use outside caterers (we are family friends with the owners of The Bomber, btw, and their catering is actually pretty solid; believe they catered this event). I do not know about booze. They were married in the same facility. I think the cadence of things was wedding, photos in a different physical location, take down/set up during photos, return to same physical space for wedding reception. I'm pretty sure they were on a serious budget too. Maybe take a look there. And even if you don't use that facility keep the chin up, it can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back