The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you're hurting CJ. Hope you feel better soon!

Too much to get done head don't feel the best.
Time to come out of the dark and tough it out.

17 year old hormonal daughters waiting to hear about scholarship information from their dream school. Result equals an argument where everything Dad suggested was wrong and ended with "i'm sorry I'm not the daughter you want". How did we get there? !?!

Put a damper on the entire afternoon and she's been in her room ever since. Tried to go up and talk later which was not a good idea. Oh boy things are so much simpler when they are young.

17 year old hormonal daughters waiting to hear about scholarship information from their dream school. Result equals an argument where everything Dad suggested was wrong and ended with "i'm sorry I'm not the daughter you want". How did we get there? !?!

Put a damper on the entire afternoon and she's been in her room ever since. Tried to go up and talk later which was not a good idea. Oh boy things are so much simpler when they are young.

Why do you post these things my little peanut angel won't can't hopefully doesn't turn into that.

Reading this stuff scares me. I feel like I will be similar to you as far as being a father goes and hearing my little girl say stuff like that will break my heart. I feel for you man.

Reading this stuff scares me. I feel like I will be similar to you as far as being a father goes and hearing my little girl say stuff like that will break my heart. I feel for you man.

She loves me and she knows I love her too. Just one of those things every parent has to deal with. I'm sure we'll be back to hugs soon. Hope it's by tomorrow since we have a night at the Chick-fil-a bowl planned. We usually get along great, which makes it hurt even more when we don't.

I hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but it is not going to get any better for several more years. I have a 19 step daughter I can offer as proof.

Wishing everyone an awesome 2014!!

I hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but it is not going to get any better for several more years. I have a 19 step daughter I can offer as proof.

This is a bit out of the norm for her. She's under so much stress right now. Hopefully she'll get some good news in the next couple of weeks from the college.

This is a bit out of the norm for her. She's under so much stress right now. Hopefully she'll get some good news in the next couple of weeks from the college.

If it is out of the norm for her then there is a lot of hope that it will get better when the stress factors are diminished. My stepdaughter has known everything since she was about 13. I gotta tell ya it has been a tough six years on this old man.

I just went through this with my daughter. It's one of those things that they just pick up one day when they feel like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can help accelerate but they will do it on their own one day. Both if our kids went to daycare and the staff and peer pressure took card of it pretty quickly.

Daughter #1 we tried to train, the second we didn't bother to try and force it. Like walking, it will just happen with little encouragement. Don't sweat it and don't make it unpleasant/pressured for them. No need.

My little guy is very congested. No fever. No earaches. But he has a hard time breathing through is nose. The snot is moving into his chest, so we're keeping an eye on it.

But my son is miserable. That makes me miserable.

Sorry to hear that Blu, I hope the little guy feels better soon.

If it is out of the norm for her then there is a lot of hope that it will get better when the stress factors are diminished. My stepdaughter has known everything since she was about 13. I gotta tell ya it has been a tough six years on this old man.

These are exactly the scenarios that make me happy I have 3 boys. While they will get defiant, there's not as much hormonal issues. Plus, with my 16 and 18 year olds, I simply don't hold back like I would have to with a girl. Sure, they get mad and stomp off, but within a few minutes, they've figured out that I'm right and come back in.

There has only been one time when my 18 year old has thought that he was big enough to act like he wanted to fight, but a quick "Are you sure you really want to do this?" Brought him back to earth. You just can't handle situations like that with girls.

Oh boy things are so much simpler when they are young.
My wife reminds me every time I get frustrated with our 18yr old of the day when he was still toddling around the house in onesies.

"Man, I wish he could DO something! He'll be more fun when he can do stuff and talk."

Holy crap was I wrong.

I am a model of self-restraint.

I told my daughter when she was growing up, that there were two reasons I got to make the rules. I am physically the largest and I make the most money.......

-20* today and I will spend most of my time outside.

-20* today and I will spend most of my time outside.

A true 90* difference. Sounds amazing. :D I dont think my new jacket from REI will hold up to that, but it does fold neatly into its own pocket.

It was -37 overnight where I am headed near the Canadian border. I dressed as warm as I could but it is still tough trying to get anything done outside. Lucky the sun is out and it is not too windy.

A true 90* difference. Sounds amazing. :D I dont think my new jacket from REI will hold up to that, but it does fold neatly into its own pocket.

I have five layers on right now and look like the Michelin man.

It was -37 overnight where I am headed near the Canadian border. I dressed as warm as I could but it is still tough trying to get anything done outside. Lucky the sun is out and it is not too windy.

International falls?

I hate that place..... In winter.

I can't even fathom. Holy moly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back