The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to get so heavy in here, but I have to get this off my chest....

A few years ago, I had the unfortunate task of having to inform a family that their 3 year old son had cancer. I only saw them a couple of times after that, but always looked at the kid's chart from time to time to keep up with his progress. For some reason, it popped into my mind earlier tonight at work to check on his chart again, and then the stomach punch occurred: he died at the end of January at the age of 7. That kid fought so damn hard for so long, but it wasn't enough. I just feel awful for the family, and I have tears in my eyes as I write this.

I f---ing hate cancer. Hug your kids a little tighter the next time you get to do that.

That's tough man. It's not fair when kids have to go through that crap.

I have no idea how you do it Ary.

Parking at EMU. Got here 20 minutes ago and still can't find a spot.
a9anuheb.jpg

Ants! I freaking hate them. Living in Florida, you expect to have them in your home from time to time, but right now I feel like it's a full on invasion. They have invaded my office and gotten into my camera equipment. Exterminator will be here tomorrow, which is not soon enough!

Ants! I freaking hate them. Living in Florida, you expect to have them in your home from time to time, but right now I feel like it's a full on invasion. They have invaded my office and gotten into my camera equipment. Exterminator will be here tomorrow, which is not soon enough!

Sugar or fire? I've seen a TON of both recently, the fire having some pretty awesome looking hills. I saw a video about how to remove of then quickly involving boiling water. Quite tempted to try it out

Sugar or fire? I've seen a TON of both recently, the fire having some pretty awesome looking hills. I saw a video about how to remove of then quickly involving boiling water. Quite tempted to try it out

Ghost ants. They are tiny and quick, and multiply by the dozens in seconds, the little bastards! Although I question if they are actually crazy ants, either way I hate them.

And since they are in my office I constantly feel like something is crawling on me as I sit here.

I guess someone should have sprayed for that instead spending time with weed killer

I guess someone should have sprayed for that instead spending time with weed killer

LOL that still makes me laugh! I actually had an exterminator come out because there were so many of them, and they are starting to go away, but now I am finding them in my office. It was the one room I wasn't seeing them, and now they are here.

For those wondering, JB sprayed the house for me because I was freaking out about the ants...unfortunately he sprayed weed killer instead of bug spray LOL. The bottles look identical so I understand the error, and it still makes me laugh hahaha.

Ghost ants. They are tiny and quick, and multiply by the dozens in seconds, the little bastards! Although I question if they are actually crazy ants, either way I hate them.

And since they are in my office I constantly feel like something is crawling on me as I sit here.

Same ant, I just thought they were called sugar ants since the darn things like to wind up in bags of sugar if you're not careful. I hate those stupid little things. I take great joy putting my palm down on a bunch of them and squishing them, then wiping off where they were so their friends don't come back. Then again, that gives me more to squish haha

Same ant, I just thought they were called sugar ants since the darn things like to wind up in bags of sugar if you're not careful. I hate those stupid little things. I take great joy putting my palm down on a bunch of them and squishing them, then wiping off where they were so their friends don't come back. Then again, that gives me more to squish haha

I didn't know they were called the same thing, I thought they were different. We have like a billion different kinds of ants in this state.

Getting a call from daycare that your kid had an accident. What happened I ask, "she fell off a shelf"....I'm sorry, what in hell was she doing on the shelf & where is the teacher for her class???.... Sweet Baby Jesus give me strength....

Remember the night that I had to call the police because my neighbor's wife had come over with a backpack, crying, terrified for her life? Well that neighbor called us yesterday wanting to come over and talk to us about that night. His voice was cordial on the phone and he even wished my partner well in recovering from a nasty cold.

He came over this evening - left about a half hour ago. This man, an Iraq war veteran with PTSD, came over and then proceeded to rail on us verbally for calling the police. He blamed us for not calling him first, and for causing whatever drama is happening in his life now. "I should stay on my property and you should stay on yours. You've known me for three years, would I ever touch a woman?" Divorce is coming for them, and he plans to sell the house next door and move...or so he says.

We've been more than forgiving when he has gone off mentally, the first time falsely claiming that my partner Richard was infatuated with him (and looking into his windows), the second getting mad at our indoor/outdoor cat for walking on his property and then threatening to kill it. Both times we received an apology and forgave him. I wonder if he'll flip on this?

Good f***ing riddance. The man doesn't want to help himself with his mental problems, and I am so tired of the drama. I'm just spent.

I didn't know they were called the same thing, I thought they were different. We have like a billion different kinds of ants in this state.

They all do the same thing.. Be everywhere and annoy us

Remember the night that I had to call the police because my neighbor's wife had come over with a backpack, crying, terrified for her life? Well that neighbor called us yesterday wanting to come over and talk to us about that night. His voice was cordial on the phone and he even wished my partner well in recovering from a nasty cold.

He came over this evening - left about a half hour ago. This man, an Iraq war veteran with PTSD, came over and then proceeded to rail on us verbally for calling the police. He blamed us for not calling him first, and for causing whatever drama is happening in his life now. "I should stay on my property and you should stay on yours. You've known me for three years, would I ever touch a woman?" Divorce is coming for them, and he plans to sell the house next door and move...or so he says.

We've been more than forgiving when he has gone off mentally, the first time falsely claiming that my partner Richard was infatuated with him (and looking into his windows), the second getting mad at our indoor/outdoor cat for walking on his property and then threatening to kill it. Both times we received an apology and forgave him. I wonder if he'll flip on this?

Good f***ing riddance. The man doesn't want to help himself with his mental problems, and I am so tired of the drama. I'm just spent.

I'm sorry you guys are having to deal with this sob. Hopefully he will leave soon enough and this all will be history.

Ouch Nate, hopefully he moves sooner rather than later. My friends just sold their house because they lived next to someone like that, hopefully you get to stay put and he splits. Or at the very least, realizes he may need some help.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Stay Strong Jersey Nate! Hopefully this whole ordeal will come to an end for you guys soon! Hang in there!

Sorry to hear Nate. Hopefully he will be out soon and will get some help.

Rant for me is no running water for the last 24 hours. Water main broke and still no word on when it'll be fixed. They're working on it but I would love to take a shower sometime soon.

That sucks Nate, hopefully he'll be gone soon and the drama will leave with him.

Sorry to hear that Nate. You be the better the guy and keep doing what is right. It's to bad that's he got some issues but that doesn't give him the right to come over to your guys house and talk to you like that. Wish you guys the best and stay positive bud.

Such a bad day. Got my shoulder looked at and found out that I have a good set in of arthritis in my left shoulder joint. Not good for the golf game.

I'm being forced into a "kind of inpatient" mental rehab program for my dissociative disorder and "ptsd" *bulls*!T*...

Then I get to Chipotle and this despicable new manager here, whom can't really speak English legibly shorts me on EVERYTHING on my burrito bowl. I mean like half scoops. An entire bowl didn't even come up past the lip of the bowl! He better fix that crap QUICK!!! That's twice he's done this and I told him straight up he's scamming people and I won't be back if he doesn't fix it. Looks like business there has slowed down BIG TIME ever since this guy took over. So it's not just me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My friend's son just asked me if I'd "ever heard of this awesome band called Minor Threat??"

Now I know how my dad felt when 13 year old me ran up to him and asked him if he ever listened to that band called Led Zeppelin....

I can not for the life of me figure how why people are driving around Atlanta today after what happened a couple of weeks ago. Multiple crashes and injuries are going on now. :confused2: I can see the emergency personel trying to get to work such as doctors/nurses, police, and DOT but nobody else should have their arse on the roads. The National Guard was activated to help those who are deemed essential and they pick them up with the humvees and such. Why fricking drive and put yourselves and others in danger.

Weather here is just getting worse again....all we need is for the temperature to drop 3 or 4 degrees and we could be looking at an ice-rink tonight

I can not for the life of me figure how why people are driving around Atlanta today after what happened a couple of weeks ago. Multiple crashes and injuries are going on now. :confused2: I can see the emergency personel trying to get to work such as doctors/nurses, police, and DOT but nobody else should have their arse on the roads. The National Guard was activated to help those who are deemed essential and they pick them up with the humvees and such. Why fricking drive and put yourselves and others in danger.

Unfortunately, a lot of people have short memories and think they know best and sadly there are those who then suffer the consequences

3 hours of sleep + rowdy school kids = splitting headache. Ugh, get me out of here today.

So after a day and a half of eating nothing but bananas and mashed potatoes, I decided to be a rebel and eat some pineapple. And...the temporary crown put in Monday fell out. With the storm coming I wont be able to get back there until Wednesday. Hooray!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back