The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering the Players Club card this year. If you sign up now you get a $50 gift card and 25% off 6 pack of lessons. Normally $220 discounted to $170.

Damn Ricky, that's a great deal. I might ponder that myself even though it is a 50 mile drive each way.

Dude lol I thought those were bed sheets !

Dude lol I thought those were bed sheets !

Cmon Trout, you are smarter than that. Its clear that is a Wendys tablecloth. :bulgy-eyes:

Pondering the Players Club card this year. If you sign up now you get a $50 gift card and 25% off 6 pack of lessons. Normally $220 discounted to $170.

It's totally worth it IMHO

I haven't worked my way through the entire thread, so some of this may be addressed by others that I haven't gotten to yet.

For me at least the Morgan cup is absolutely not about the equipment. If you told me that I got equipment for the weekend and then had to give it back I would be absolutely just as interested and motivated to participate. The unique and great thing about the Morgan cup is that it is an intersection of many things that people like: team, camaraderie, competition, being sponsored by an OEM. I haven't participated in it yet so I can't comment on the lifelong friendship stuff. But to me it is the epitome of what an amateur event can be. I truly hope this one never goes away.

I think #the king is struggling in comparison for a few reasons. First it isn't all of the things that the Morgan cup is. That probably says more about the MC than the king. Second, the event hasn't happened ever so people haven't seen what it is. And finally, April vs July.

Regarding the schedule. There are certain paradoxes which work against THP. The more events that are hosted in South Carolina and Florida, the easier it is for you. On the other hand you naturally constrain the pool of people who realistically can participate. For as much as we can say people can just get on the plane, I don't think that's fully fair. Just like it is hard for you guys to come west it is equally hard and expensive for people to fly across country the other way. That becomes particularly true when there are multiple events in the same region. It is just an unfortunate reality for all involved.

Personally I don't think you guys should do two more events. From where I sit it looks like you are already overextended. Locations, concepts and sponsors matter, but so does timing. The best event in the world at the wrong time will probably fail. Just like you are saying you can't afford to take on the risk of scheduling a West Coast event, it seems like you should not take on the risk here either (or return to places that don't sell out. Sorry Missouri).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Cmon Trout, you are smarter than that. Its clear that is a Wendys tablecloth. :bulgy-eyes:

I dated a girl one time, her name was Angel, she often wore shirts that were a pattern similar to that.

She liked ranch.

Haha, you made me laugh out loud on that one dude.

I dated a girl one time, her name was Angel, she often wore shirts that were a pattern similar to that.

She liked ranch.

Solid rant.

Small rant in the grand scheme of things but I hate not having a place to hit range balls during after work this time of year. Everywhere here closes at sunset.

Dude Spicoli, I'm right there with you. There isn't anywhere within 30 miles for me to hit range balls right now. And the killer is that there is a range WITH LIGHTS, but they can't use them after like 5:00 because the people who live around there complain.

WTF?!?!!?

I haven't worked my way through the entire thread, so some of this may be addressed by others that I haven't gotten to yet.

For me at least the Morgan cup is absolutely not about the equipment. If you told me that I got equipment for the weekend and then had to give it back I would be absolutely just as interested and motivated to participate. The unique and great thing about the Morgan cup is that it is an intersection of many things that people like: team, camaraderie, competition, being sponsored by an OEM. I haven't participated in it yet so I can't comment on the lifelong friendship stuff. But to me it is the epitome of what an amateur event can be. I truly hope this one never goes away.

I think #the king is struggling in comparison for a few reasons. First it isn't all of the things that the Morgan cup is. That probably says more about the MC than the king. Second, the event hasn't happened ever so people haven't seen what it is. And finally, April vs July.

Regarding the schedule. There are certain paradoxes which work against THP. The more events that are hosted in South Carolina and Florida, the easier it is for you. On the other hand you naturally constrain the pool of people who realistically can participate. For as much as we can say people can just get on the plane, I don't think that's fully fair. Just like it is hard for you guys to come west it is equally hard and expensive for people to fly across country the other way. That becomes particularly true when there are multiple events in the same region. It is just an unfortunate reality for all involved.

Personally I don't think you guys should do two more events. From where I sit it looks like you are already overextended. Locations, concepts and sponsors matter, but so does timing. The best event in the world at the wrong time will probably fail. Just like you are saying you can't afford to take on the risk of scheduling a West Coast event, it seems like you should not take on the risk here either (or return to places that don't sell out. Sorry Missouri).

I highlighted the bold because I have to ask. What part of the above you describe in the Morgan Cup does the King not have?

As for the idea of the events and traveling, I have gone around this a lot with you and frankly I find the label of SC and FL hosting our events. It has been mentioned before and I have always just moved past it, but I think if you look over our travel schedule for the past 12 months and what is on the horizon already announced next year its pretty straight forward that that assessment is just not the case.

I would also say that both of those places are two of the top golf travel destinations in the country.
As I said in this thread, I could take an Invitational and put it in any major city in the PST and it would not sell out. Its not a knock on the wonderful people there, or the awesome facilities, but it is true.

I highlighted the bold because I have to ask. What part of the above you describe in the Morgan Cup does the King not have?

My thoughts exactly JB.

I also am just catching up on this, it's been a busy day in the rant thread....

The Morgan Cup is about bettering yourself as a golfer, and a person to me. It's about making friends, it's about camaraderie, it's about teamwork, and then of course the equipment is an unbelievable perk!
But it's not why I want in the Morgan Cup.

The Morgan Cup simply means more to me than a bag full of awesome new equipment.
It means finding myself as a golfer, matching that with my team mates, against out opponents. And may the best team win.
It's about community involvement through the forum, to help enhance the experience for those who are also in, and bring those experiences to those who did not get in.

As for the idea of the events and traveling, I have gone around this a lot with you and frankly I find the label of SC and FL hosting our events. It has been mentioned before and I have always just moved past it, but I think if you look over our travel schedule for the past 12 months and what is on the horizon already announced next year its pretty straight forward that that assessment is just not the case.

I would also say that both of those places are two of the top golf travel destinations in the country.
As I said in this thread, I could take an Invitational and put it in any major city in the PST and it would not sell out. Its not a knock on the wonderful people there, or the awesome facilities, but it is true.

I am flying into Orlando for a THP event. Also, there were a few West Coasters who flew into Iowa (freaking Iowa). Where there's a will there's a way.

I know what you mean buddy, and I don't really like to bang balls on the range when it's freezing outside. If I lived closer to a PGA SS, I would join their Player's Club+ which gives you unlimited 30 minute sessions in their in their indoor practice center among other perks.

I was happily going to the range even though it was 38*. That deal with the PGA SS is pretty sweet--I would definitely go for it if I was closer too.

I feel your pain. With daylights savings time by the time I get out of the office it's dark and no way to hit the range. luckily for me I have a course a couple of miles from the office and I can at least work on my putting during lunch time.

Same here. I've got a course I can putt at during my lunch break too, so it's not too bad I guess.
That sucks. We have an outdoor range with basically kerosene torches hanging above you. Last time I went a turned it on and it started on fire.

Kept your warm though, right?

I am flying into Orlando for a THP event. Also, there were a few West Coasters who flew into Iowa (freaking Iowa). Where there's a will there's a way.
I went to Ohio for an event one time.

It was snowing.

Guys I should point out again like I said earlier, we never expect anybody to travel to events. Its amazing that many do, but its certainly not expected. That is why WE invested in the THP Tour Van. To bring the events to many different places and host events for you.

Not a rant, but enjoyed the back and forth about the events and hearing a little more about what goes on behind the scenes in putting events together. I also now know that I should show my support in the event threads through posts more often. I always follow along, but I don't always post.

And it can't be said enough, appreciate all the work you guys do in putting these great events together.

Not a rant, but enjoyed the back and forth about the events and hearing a little more about what goes on behind the scenes in putting events together. I also now know that I should show my support in the event threads through posts more often. I always follow along, but I don't always post.

And it can't be said enough, appreciate all the work you guys do in putting these great events together.

I am like you...need to step up my posting!!! But I do follow along, even if I am not posting on every thread.

I am not intending to have any back and forth, JB. I thought we were discussing events, their locations and attendance. Perhaps it doesn't read like it but I am not complaining. If it reads that way I apologize, that wasn't intentional.

Moving on...my impression is the MC is a journey, an 8 month shared experience working toward a broadcast competition. You are teammates for an extended period. You are working toward a goal together. That changes the dynamic. Maybe I have missed it with the King but my impression is that it offers many great things but it is a different experience.

I guess there is a difference. The King is only six months from now instead of 8 months
Otherwise, they are both journeys, both with teammates and both culminating with one heck of an awesome weekend.
Hence the reason the King was replacing the Morgan Cup.

It is 22 degrees, we have our first Winter storm warning of the year and it is still November. They are calling for 6-14 inches of snow. I have decided to deck the first person that openly complains about it being too hot in Rochester next summer.

Hopefully I know the person..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is 22 degrees, we have our first Winter storm warning of the year and it is still November. They are calling for 6-14 inches of snow. I have decided to deck the first person that openly complains about it being too hot in Rochester next summer.

Hopefully I know the person..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't be me! Maybe Maddog will slip up! :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back