The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit an effing WALL of writers block.

This pisses me off badly.

My rant would have be the fact that a guy I work with was supposed to order me tires through another guy we work with and long story short he never did. So now I'm driving around on damn near bald tires on a crappy winter car as it is. Just irritating when someone says "Oh yeah I'll get em ordered and have them to you in a few days" And now it's been 2 weeks since he said he was going to and as Aaron stated, we're going to get pounded with snow.

I guess there is a difference. The King is only six months from now instead of 8 months
Otherwise, they are both journeys, both with teammates and both culminating with one heck of an awesome weekend.
Hence the reason the King was replacing the Morgan Cup.

I am quoting myself to add to it. I am not diminishing one event or another. But if what one describes as the highlight of the MC is the team environment, the competition, etc...Both events offer that. One has more equipment than the other (as of now), but both are sponsored events and players receive equipment, etc. Both have a journey of months. One includes housing (the King).

The difference might be one has a THPer as a captain and the other has a Callaway employee. Another difference is team meetings and such to go over lineups at the King. But both are team events with tons of buildup culminating with one heck of an amazing time. We are honored that so many love the events.

As a #theking participant I can tell you that we are approaching it like a long term team experience. I've already been in touch with my teammates of Team Harry and we'll reach out to whomever joins us in the current contest.

It's been the same for the #dreamteam as well. Those guys have been in constant touch with each other and have bonded as a team as well. I heard all about it from a team member. I have to think their experience has been very similar to what MC team members did prior to meeting up in Myrtle Beach.

As a #theking participant I can tell you that we are approaching it like a long term team experience. I've already been in touch with my teammates of Team Harry and we'll reach out to whomever joins us in the current contest.

Wait until your captain gets involved with these team meetings Barry. Its coming. Stay tuned for more.

Holy catch up on a thread I need to do, but life with the other half of my little man got in the way!

Still ongoing, but it is one of those gut wrenching times. Headed to meet family and was thrown a he can't go last night. Rectified just now, but want to punch a wall! If you know me...thus doesn't happen. Need some me time tonight to compose!

You all rock on so many levels, will try and catch up tomorrow.

I have to do some research. I will be having minor but life changing surgery in April. I don't know what the recommended recovery time is.

My rant would have be the fact that a guy I work with was supposed to order me tires through another guy we work with and long story short he never did. So now I'm driving around on damn near bald tires on a crappy winter car as it is. Just irritating when someone says "Oh yeah I'll get em ordered and have them to you in a few days" And now it's been 2 weeks since he said he was going to and as Aaron stated, we're going to get pounded with snow.

Just order them on Tire Rack or Discount Tires Direct and put them on your expense account! Probably won't get them in time though . . .

Let's focus on a bigger rant you guys. This is actually a thing.

upyqapym.jpg

I have to do some research. I will be having minor but life changing surgery in April. I don't know what the recommended recovery time is.

Few weeks...lots of ice.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully nothing major.

So apparently my boss heard about an offer I had to interview for a job--an interview--which I turned down and is now all bent out of shape because I didn't tell him about it. I didn't think it was my obligation to tell him about it nor did I think it would do any good to bring it up.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully nothing major.

So apparently my boss heard about an offer I had to interview for a job--an interview--which I turned down and is now all bent out of shape because I didn't tell him about it. I didn't think it was my obligation to tell him about it nor did I think it would do any good to bring it up.

Few weeks...lots of ice.

Cookie guessed right.

My rant is how bad How I Met Your Mother has become.

Wow, I just took a break from making my #TheKing Vine video (which isn't done yet for those wondering) and see all this?! Cancel 2014 events??!! WTF? This is where I'm glad I'm not privy to that information nor do I want to know. I love this place. Who would have thought that after the Morgan Cup last year I would be trying to get smithface down here to Dallas so that I could participate and be involved with him going to his first Dallas Cowboy game. I don't even know 10% of what there is to know about him but yet I was opening up my home and weekend to him so that this could happen. Unfortunately it didn't work out but I suspect one day it will. That is what THP is about to me. That is what THP will always be about to me. Where else would that even get close to happening.

Nate,

This about sums it up for me dude. Volunteering at the MC meant the world to me and meeting people I otherwise never would have was just plain awesome. That weekend will always be special to me because of the way ALL of you reached out to me, ladies included. I'm taking you up on that invitation as soon as I can dude. No way I could pass hanging with Big Time for a weekend.

My rant is how bad How I Met Your Mother has become.

GG and I just said the same thing. We are going to stop watching and just catch the final episode.

GG and I just said the same thing. We are going to stop watching and just catch the final episode.

I just said the same thing to my wife. That was awful.

Clipped, snipped, all the same.

I prefer the term "castrated".

That was a lot of THP to catch up on but I'm glad I did. I agree 100% that an event in the PST wouldn't sell out, and if it did it would be because of THPers from the east coast banding together and flying to it. I agree that the equipment is a huge part of the Morgan Cup and every time I read someone who hasn't played in it yet say the opposite I raise an eyebrow.
Without getting too deep into things I know nothing about I'll just say this: #TheKing is going to absolutely be everything that people love about the Morgan Cup give or take a few sets of irons. How can it not be? In 6 months I'll be having dinner with Harry Arnett discussing how we will dismantle the opposition...how freaking cool is that?! "Pass the gravy, Harry?"

Just order them on Tire Rack or Discount Tires Direct and put them on your expense account! Probably won't get them in time though . . .

Yeah doing that now. Had I know the guy I work with was going to bone me I woulda just done that in the first place. Oh well, the drivers behind me will think they're stuck behind an 80 year old grandma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back