The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money. I bust my ass 50 hours a week to make as much money as I can while my wife works part time because she is going to school as well. And we barely have enough money to pay our bills. It's rough and living paycheck to paycheck sucks. Not to mention the debt we are in. A lot of it is our fault, but just had to put a new washer and dryer on our credit card because our old ones broke at the same time. Hell I just had to put a gallon of milk on a credit card because I only had 2 bucks in the account until I got paid today. We have more in bills than we do in our bank account as of right now until I get paid again in 2 weeks. I know my parents will help us if we ask but I despise asking people for help. I am going to apply for a second job overnight just so we can have some extra income to help us live more comfortably. Per month in just bills we owe 2200 and per month we bring in 2700 and the 2200 isn't including gas or groceries or any of that stuff. Thanks for letting me rant

I can feel for you T. Many times in my past I wondered what was not going to get paid that week/month.

All I can say is continue to work hard and things will get better.

One thing that helped was setting up a budget. I tracked every dollar I spent for a month. I know it sounds basic and yeah yeah.

But once I realized how much I was spending on eating out at lunch and in general waste. I found some extra money at the end.

But yeah the unexpected expenses and repairs do suck big time.

I have a cough that won't go away. Yesterday coughing began hurting my head and neck. Today it's gotten worse to the point that I almost blacked out from the pain in my head from coughing but I had to cough or I couldn't breathe.

This sucks.

On the way to Regina so my wife can see her mother for probably the last time. This is going to be a tense car ride.

On the way to Regina so my wife can see her mother for probably the last time. This is going to be a tense car ride.

Sorry to hear this. Stay safe on the highway's.

I absolutely hate that I can't enter the Legacy contests. It is going to be such an incredible event. Every time a new contest starts I get a little down because I would love to be a part of it and I can't even try to get in to it due to a timing conflict. Bums me out.

Expectations - a terrible thing to have when you are a high handicap player.

Wife's brother is being a bit of a prick which isn't anything new. But now he's being a prick to wifey, which makes my life difficult & unpleasant. This is no good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone posts bad news on their FB profile, and you click "Like". SMH. I know that's the only option, but seriously ... say something, or nothing ... but it's not something you "like". You "like" kitten videos, puppy and baby pictures. You "like" good news like wedding or new job announcements ... you don't "like" a post that starts with "My spouse is an alcoholic."

I've done it, you are liking to show support, but because you like the situation.

I've done it, you are liking to show support, but because you like the situation.
I get why people do it (it's the only option), but it's still a "Like" button. I dunno, I can't stand it. Never said my rants were rational. :)

I can feel for you T. Many times in my past I wondered what was not going to get paid that week/month.

All I can say is continue to work hard and things will get better.

One thing that helped was setting up a budget. I tracked every dollar I spent for a month. I know it sounds basic and yeah yeah.

But once I realized how much I was spending on eating out at lunch and in general waste. I found some extra money at the end.

But yeah the unexpected expenses and repairs do suck big time.
Yeah I am working on a budget as I type. THP distracting me a little but oh well haha. We do spend a lot on eating out so I already know that is a big thing we need to fix. Grocery shopping sucks because a lot of times we don't have a bunch of money to spend on groceries all at one time and it seems like when you go and shop for that nights dinner it ends up costing like 60 dollars for one meal.

as bad as I feel like it is at times I just try to remember that me and my wife and my animals have a roof over our heads and don't go hungry so at the end of the day there is always something to be grateful for. It is always good to get a nice rant out as well

I hate to give out financial advice, but ... if you have access to a Dave Ramsey Financial Peace (or whatever it's called nowadays) program ... it's a good system. Many places nowadays offer it for free. I'm putting it to work as we speak (did Feb's budget tonight) as we're in a bit of a hole right now ourselves and want to get out as soon as possible so we can move into a new house before we seriously outgrow the current one. Best of luck!

Yeah I am working on a budget as I type. THP distracting me a little but oh well haha. We do spend a lot on eating out so I already know that is a big thing we need to fix. Grocery shopping sucks because a lot of times we don't have a bunch of money to spend on groceries all at one time and it seems like when you go and shop for that nights dinner it ends up costing like 60 dollars for one meal.

as bad as I feel like it is at times I just try to remember that me and my wife and my animals have a roof over our heads and don't go hungry so at the end of the day there is always something to be grateful for. It is always good to get a nice rant out as well

I hate to give out financial advice, but ... if you have access to a Dave Ramsey Financial Peace (or whatever it's called nowadays) program ... it's a good system. Many places nowadays offer it for free. I'm putting it to work as we speak (did Feb's budget tonight) as we're in a bit of a hole right now ourselves and want to get out as soon as possible so we can move into a new house before we seriously outgrow the current one. Best of luck!
Had a breakdown about the whole situation the other day and my mom said she is gonna call one of her friends that got out of debt using that and see if she still have the program.

Had a breakdown about the whole situation the other day and my mom said she is gonna call one of her friends that got out of debt using that and see if she still have the program.
To summarize it ... roof over head, utilities on, food in belly, and transportation to work*. Everyone else can get in line and wait their turn. You can only do what you can do. It can be stressful, but you'll manage. Just don't let it take its toll on your family. Best of luck bro.

*All done in as cheap a manner as you can manage.

Finished our taxes. On the plus side it is the least we've owed in three years. It's still enough to buy a full set of clubs or a week at Disney world...

Sorry about your situation. We've all been there / are there. It sucks.

Another thing to be thankful for or to remember is that your wife won't be a student forever. It sounds like you've got a short term pain, long term gain situation. Hang in there.

Note to everyone. A speed stix swung at 90+ mph will lose the battle when it hits the base of a universal weight set.

Been swinging it in our gym for over a month with no issues at all.

This morning I tried to watch my swing in the mirror...let's say the base of said machine does not make for a good impact bag.

Speed Stix is done but at least my wrist isn't broken.

Finished our taxes. On the plus side it is the least we've owed in three years. It's still enough to buy a full set of clubs or a week at Disney world...

Same here buddy, but I just need a way to contribute more pre tax dollars (probably 401k) to offset.

To summarize it ... roof over head, utilities on, food in belly, and transportation to work*. Everyone else can get in line and wait their turn. You can only do what you can do. It can be stressful, but you'll manage. Just don't let it take its toll on your family. Best of luck bro.

*All done in as cheap a manner as you can manage.
When we were in a jam we managed expenses like this also. Then we examined our debt, looking for ones we could pay off quickest or ones that had a higher payment. When that one was paid off we used that money toward the next bill. Continue until they are gone. We also called every single creditor and explained that we were making life changes, were working at paying off all our debt and asked if they would lower interest rates. Probably 50-75% of the creditors lowered the rate (eliminating debt with creditors that wouldn't lower the rate also became a factor in deciding which debt to focus on next). We also ALWAYS set some money aside for us each pay period, even if it was $5 to go get a frozen yogurt. It wasn't fun but there was a great sense of accomplishment each time we paid one off and especially when we got it to zero. You can do this!

Dave Ramsey's books and plans for getting out of debt are good. It's mostly common sense but having a road map in place makes it easier.

Dave Ramsey's books and plans for getting out of debt are good. It's mostly common sense but having a road map in place makes it easier.
They can be. Dont agree completely with his stuff about credit and credit cards but understand why he says it.

#truth

Pickup this one: The Total Money Makeover

They can be. Dont agree completely with his stuff about credit and credit cards but understand why he says it.
Yeah I think people have a hard time with leaving money on the table and paying off smaller balances for the delf gratification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back