The Official Tiger Woods Thread

This is a great swing.

Another cool video with some great highlights

I think Tigger's going to blow up at Kiawah next week. I just checked out the course layout and scorecard. It's a great course, but I think he'll make a bunch of mistakes and it will just snowball from there.

He should go to a belly putter

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

It's just a process guys. Unfortunately, it's a 5-7 year one, but it is one.

He'll be back as soon as he wins a Major, right?

At least a nice mallet

Agreed....just don't take belly lessons from ernie or vijay

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

I think Tigger's going to blow up at Kiawah next week. I just checked out the course layout and scorecard. It's a great course, but I think he'll make a bunch of mistakes

It's going to be interesting for sure, if he can hit the 3 wood all week and work it both directions he'll do well, if he pulls driver, he's done. Chamblee had mentioned earlier that the last 10 guys that led in total driving are now on the .com tour. Tiger's focus has gone to total driving. Hit it 340 into the woods and your punching out, hit it 295 in the fairway and go after pins! I don't know man, I just spent an hour youtubing old tiger vids and he's got to find his soul man, I fear he's lost it for good.

How can you build a swing that produces immaculate iron play but struggles off the tee? It's not good. Dude cannot hit driver.

How can you build a swing that produces immaculate iron play but struggles off the tee? It's not good. Dude cannot hit driver.

It's just like the chick from the Cranberries said in that Zombie song "it's in your heeaad, in your heeeeeaaad".

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

You can't! He's not hitting anything well.

Ironic that when he had that swing people were criticizing him for not having the Butch Harmon swing anymore.

I agree man, there was a lot of bashing going on, but after 2 years you could really see the beauty of the change with Hank, it was becoming Hoganesque. Here you clearly can't, he's literally all over the place with his upper body and it's different from swing to swing.

I don't know but my iron play is better than my tee game times like 1,000,000.

I think it may just be that I never saw him when he was dominant, but I think it's almost silly how much people criticize him nowadays. He has some bad days, obviously, but he is also the only guy with 3 wins on the PGA Tour. Maybe it's because I don't see him as a golfing god because I missed those great years. He should be better though based on his ability it seems.

The difference between the tiger that won majors and the eldrick that doesn't is par 5 scoring. Tiger did reasonable on par 3's and 4's but he always hit the field's lunch on par 5's when he won.

This year mr. woods is 51st on tour in par 5 birdies or better, 94th on tour at -57 in total under par on par 5's with a 4.59 scoring average on par 5's.

2nd in average distance to the hole on approaches from 175-200 yards, 90th on approaches from 100-125, 152nd on approaches from 75-100 and 135th on approaches from 50-75. And he's still 1st in scoring average which is a little crazy.

He plays par fives like a junior girl golfer. They struggle mightily on par fives for some reason.

Kevin

I don't know but my iron play is better than my tee game times like 1,000,000.

I think it may just be that I never saw him when he was dominant, but I think it's almost silly how much people criticize him nowadays. He has some bad days, obviously, but he is also the only guy with 3 wins on the PGA Tour. Maybe it's because I don't see him as a golfing god because I missed those great years. He should be better though based on his ability it seems.

Your youth and sheer lack of seeing Tiger play in the late 90's - early to mid 2000's screams in this post.

You should have seen him dude. He ripped balls, further than anyone, hit shots better than anyone, and never ever missed a birdie putt within 10', especially when it mattered. The entire field literally used to fear him.

Your youth and sheer lack of seeing Tiger play in the late 90's - early to mid 2000's screams in this post.

You should have seen him dude. He ripped balls, further than anyone, hit shots better than anyone, and never ever missed a birdie putt within 10', especially when it mattered. The entire field literally used to fear him.

Maybe more importantly, he never missed a par putt. It seemed like from inside 20'.

Kevin

Maybe more importantly, he never missed a par putt. It seemed like from inside 20'.

Kevin

True that. It was weird, if it was impossible or had to be done, that dude did it. For like a decade. I swear, if Tiger Woods weren't born, Phil Mickelson might have Tiger's #'s when it comes to wins and Major Championships.

Amen, tc you could smell the other golfer's crapping when they heard the roar from a great tiger shot. or clutch putt

Amen, tc you could smell the other golfer's crapping when they heard the roar from a great tiger shot. or clutch putt

They used to openly admit to showing up and playing for 2nd place. He just destroyed people by being there. Remember when guys used to call him out and then he'd just embarrass them at the Match Play? That was awesome.

Jeebus I wish I got to see more than just highlights of old Tigger. The best I can do is Hulu's shot by shot recap of his win at the 2008 US Open. Lol.

Easiest way to put it...Does anybody think Tiger got his fans from his charming personality? Do you think he has the following he has now from getting 3 wins and a couple of missed cuts in a season? Of course not. He has the legions of fans for being arguably the best ever and ripping the hearts out of golf courses. Does Hunter Mahan or Justin Rose have legions of fans? No, they are more known for what they havent been able to do than what they have.

Back