The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Your youth and sheer lack of seeing Tiger play in the late 90's - early to mid 2000's screams in this post.

You should have seen him dude. He ripped balls, further than anyone, hit shots better than anyone, and never ever missed a birdie putt within 10', especially when it mattered. The entire field literally used to fear him.

Awesome post dude!

You can't count out Stevie either, he was right there with Tiger pumping him up, high fiving, fist pumping too, they were a unit, they were a team, they were killers!

Talking old Tiger is so nostalgiac (is that even a word, ha)

I have always been a Phil fan but man, watching Tiger do what he used to was unreal. He could literally will a golf ball in the hole. He played such exciting golf. He wanted to rip people's hearts out. He fist pumped, he had a swagger. Now, he obsesses over mechanics and seems so tentative with a driver and a putter. It's so hard to watch.

Jeebus I wish I got to see more than just highlights of old Tigger. The best I can do is Hulu's shot by shot recap of his win at the 2008 US Open. Lol.
If you keep your eye on Golf Channel they'll occasionally replay some older classic events (particularly from the era of the Tiger Slam). TC is spot on about the fear he struck in his competitors - that was one of the remarkable things about Hal Sutton standing up to Tiger in 2000.

Honestly, I think Tiger gets slightly overrated in people's memories in terms of his actual performance. He missed a lot of par putts, even inside 10', and made a lot of mistakes even at crucial times. He just managed to balance it out with magical shots and was capable of doing things that other golfers simply couldn't (i.e. the 2000 Canadian Open). Sutton gave him all kinds of chances to win the 2000 PGA but Tiger failed to capitalize on opportunities time after time. The only reason he battled with Bob May on the final 9 of the 2000 PGA Championship is because Tiger putted like crap on the front 9 and missed a bunch of easy 6-footers. No one seems to remember that, they only think of the birdie on the 72nd hole to force the playoff and his subsequent win.

If you keep your eye on Golf Channel they'll occasionally replay some older classic events (particularly from the era of the Tiger Slam). TC is spot on about the fear he struck in his competitors - that was one of the remarkable things about Hal Sutton standing up to Tiger in 2000.

Honestly, I think Tiger gets slightly overrated in people's memories in terms of his actual performance. He missed a lot of par putts, even inside 20', and made a lot of mistakes even at crucial times. He just managed to balance it out with magical shots and was capable of doing things that other golfers simply couldn't (i.e. the 2000 Canadian Open). Sutton gave him all kinds of chances to win the 2000 PGA but Tiger failed to capitalize on opportunities time after time. The only reason he battled with Bob May on the final 9 of the 2000 PGA Championship is because Tiger putted like crap on the front 9 and missed a bunch of easy 6-footers. No one seems to remember that, they only think of the birdie on the 72nd hole to force the playoff and his subsequent win.

I agree, but thats the thing about Tiger. No matter what happens, he always wins. Can't overrate that.

Jeez, I wasn't THAT big of a Tiger fan. Old MDV is busting out some wicked detail and technicalities! LOL

Jeez, I wasn't THAT big of a Tiger fan. Old MDV is busting out some wicked detail and technicalities! LOL
LOL - sorry! Not trying to bust anyone's balls, just want to give the kid an accurate counterpoint.

LOL - sorry! Not trying to bust anyone's balls, just want to give the kid an accurate counterpoint.

No, you're absolutely right. I think my point is: he just isn't the same Tiger Woods.

No, you're absolutely right. I think my point is: he just isn't the same Tiger Woods.

No, no he isn't. And it sucks. I enjoyed watching him make people poop their pants

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't watch too much of the Bridgestone, how did Tiger do with the driver? Did he pull it out much this weekend?

He did great. He almost backed in to a Top 10. That's part of his process.

I didn't see him much to be honest. His iron game is sick right now, and honestly, I don't even think it's his driver as much as it's his game on/around the green.

He did great. He backed in to a Top 10. That's part of his process.

I didn't see him much to be honest. His iron game is sick right now, and honestly, I don't even think it's his driver as much as it's his game on/around the green.

FYP! T-8.

Thats the thing that some people just can't grasp, is Tiger a great player...YES.....but at the same time he is not the same Tiger and honestly I don't think he will ever be the same Tiger.

The difference is, he has lost the intimidation factor he used to have.....when his name was on the leaderboard in the past, people crumbled...they feared him.....they don't do that anymore.

Watched all 4 rounds and the driver didnt come out that often. Started well on thursday. Then he bogied the hole and you could kinda see the confidence deminish a little bit. But the putting is what killed him. So many chances if he it 30% of them he would have faired much better. T67 in putts per round alot of them were within 10 feet.

Yeah Tigger snuck into a backdoor top 10 today. Not bad, but probably not the tourney he was hoping for.

^ Ba dum dum chhhh

--
Tapatalk2

The difference is, he has lost the intimidation factor he used to have.....when his name was on the leaderboard in the past, people crumbled...they feared him.....they don't do that anymore.

Keegan fears no man. And BTW his fist pump was Tigeresque!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

If his putter would have been better, he would have been in the hunt.. I don't think he fares well at the PGA, and I really like him. He needs to get over this mental block with his driver. He has a very good swing when he puts it together, that has been the issue though

Once his putting stroke comes back, he'll be fine. It's only a matter of time. He's pretty far along now in the process. He's won three times, so that's a pretty good season.

Kevin

Once his putting stroke comes back, he'll be fine. It's only a matter of time. He's pretty far along now in the process. He's won three times, so that's a pretty good season.

Kevin

if it comes back..hehe

if it comes back..hehe

considering he switched from Scotty to Nike putters... i'm not seein' it..

LOL, seriously? Care to elaborate?
Idk im just sayin idk why he switched... Not sayin nike is a bad brand i would just think that scotty would be better, but i guess not- i guess no putter is good for him right now

Idk im just sayin idk why he switched... Not sayin nike is a bad brand i would just think that scotty would be better, but i guess not- i guess no putter is good for him right now

Why do you think the SC is better for him? B/c that's what he used to putt with? He switched to the Method prior to the Open Championship in 2010 and it is well documented that he was struggling with his beloved Newport 2 (kind of like the one in your sig) prior to the switch. If there's one thing that Nike ever got right, it was with that original Method putter.

Back