The Official Tiger Woods Thread

It's weird to see him miss a cut at a Euro event, doesn't seem like that happens all that often at all!!!

It's his first one in 21 regular Euro events. That's pretty crazy.

It's his first one in 21 regular Euro events. That's pretty crazy.
Wow that is crazy, since those 21 are probably spread over quite a long period of time as well.

I'm watching some of the coverage now,wow what a difference a day makes. His swing looks way out of sorts again, tempo is fast, and he looks jerky. Tiger has been struggling a bit too long with this now, I'm not sure what the answer is for him. What do you guys think about his swing change and flaws?

Watched a few holes of Tiger at Dubai before heading out for my round this morning. What a train wreck. I hope he turns it around quick before he heads back to the states. I also hope he gives back half of that appearance fee he picked up from Dubai.

Watched a few holes of Tiger at Dubai before heading out for my round this morning. What a train wreck. I hope he turns it around quick before he heads back to the states. I also hope he gives back half of that appearance fee he picked up from Dubai.

would you?

This is a pretty funny commercial. I do love the very end of the commercial where Rory has a ball in his cup! That was the funniest part to me haha.

I didnt think that part was even possible. But now that I have seen Tiger hit a 50 yard topped driver shot in a tournament, I recognize that truly is possible!

Cracking advert, bit of everything in there - Nike showing off their stars and clubs.

Very well put together.

Do you feel Tiger got snubbed on the ruling making him miss the cut by 1 ???

Do you feel Tiger got snubbed on the ruling making him miss the cut by 1 ???

Ok so I watched the whole round 2 of the Abu Dhabi Championship this early morning and rewatched it again this afternoon! I saw the ruling with Martin Kaymer on hole 5 where Tiger's drive was in the sand and vines and they ruled together it was an embedded ball and gave Tiger the free drop and he finished the round only to find out by an official it was a 2 stroke pentaly and not embedded! Making him miss the cut by 1 since it was a 2 stroke pentaly! Tiger looked very upset with this when interviewed right away and did not challenge it! My question is to everyone who saw this what they feel was right and if he should have challenged the ruling? I know I would have and felt the ruling snubbed him out of playing in the weekend!

No, he was not. He should have called the rules official over and not Martin Kaymer. Complete fault lies with TW on this one.

He will make more money for two rounds of golf, than the winner will for four. I would say it is HSBC who got snubbed.

It's his own fault. Always have an actual official come and help you not a fellow player.

I love Tiger, always pull for him...but no, he didn't get snubbed. He broke a rule and took the 2 stroke penalty.

No, he was not. He should have called the rules official over and not Martin Kaymer. Complete fault lies with TW on this one.

Agree. It's his own fault. If you're not sure of the rule, call a rules official over.

By the way I am not saying Tiger and martin were in the right IMO the rules official should have been called right away at the moment of the incident and I agree 100% on that and do not think players should have the right to make these decisions! I just wanted to hear what some people thought of everything with it...a 1 stroke pentaly would have kept him in and that 2 stroke sent him home! I would have fought to atleast stay in the tournament with a 1 stroke pentaly! Rory by the way did not look to comfortable with his new Nike equipment as he stated he was!

T. Woods is at fault on this one.

Apparently it was listed on the "local rule" sheet or something. TW's and/or his caddie's fault for not reading or understanding it.

If your going to make the call.
You better be sure you know the rules.
Bad call on Tigers part.

Apparently it was listed on the "local rule" sheet or something. TW's and/or his caddie's fault for not reading or understanding it.

Nope, it's in the book. Ball can't be embedded in sand. It can be unplayable, but not embedded, which is what Tiger took it as.

too bad for Tiger. he never seemed to be in his comfort zone

Nope, it's in the book. Ball can't be embedded in sand. It can be unplayable, but not embedded, which is what Tiger took it as.

That isn't necessarily true. You can't fall back on the embedded ball rule (Rule 25-2) if your ball is embedded in a bunker. Lots of courses these days have sandy areas which are not bunkers, not hazards, just through the green. The PGA Tour plays the local rule which allows relief from an embedded ball through the green, even though Rule 25-2 only allows it in closely mowed areas (fairway height or closer). I don't know how the EPGA plays it, and I don't know where Tiger's ball was since I didn't see the broadcast. But a ball can certainly be embedded in it's own pitch mark in a sandy waste area and receive relief in a US PGA Tour event.

I would have fought to atleast stay in the tournament with a 1 stroke pentaly! Rory by the way did not look to comfortable with his new Nike equipment as he stated he was!

You can't fight to make it a 1 stroke penalty after the fact, and I think Rory was less comfortable with his swing than his sticks.

That penalty or ruling isn't what kept Tiger from playing over the weekend...All the snap hooked drives and OB shots off the driver kept him from playing this weekend...yeah it's ironic that the shot in question came off the face of the driver, but the overall performance with that club is what kept him above the cut number...

It's the same thing as saying the field goal kicker lost the game for a team by missing a 56 yarder with 2 seconds left on the clock when in actuality the 3 interceptions, 3 fumbles and 4 blown coverages on defense is what cost a football team a win.

Back