The Possibility of Another Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all TC. You were a monster and I really don't want to make things personal. It's just my perception, right or wrong.

What can make it different I don't know. I said it before and I say it now, the MC was a big hit in my book and if there is another I doubt I will participate. Can be damned sure I will do everything I can to come down and help run wires or do what I'm told to do.

I thought so as well. And if there ever is another one it will be bigger and better. There are just a few things that need to be ironed out before the next one.

umm my post was ignored.

Secondly it really tells me that you didnt follow the equipment threads because a lot of specific equipment results were discussed. Not only that, if you followed those threads you could you know, participate and ask a question.

I have a lot to say about things that were touched on earlier and Ill startwith this one. For those of you who would have issues with MC alumni I do not agree. We worked our @sses off. It was time away from our family, life etc... and Im not asking for a medal but just know some of us lived this event and lived for THP. Some of us are still here everyday, providing feedback and whatnot. Honestly, I know why some of you dont and I can guess those that dont pretty easy. I might as well be honest here.

I understand people finding it hard to engage in trasktalk but wow, there were numerous other threads as well.Have some of you put it together yet? The companies involved were looking at everything. If its gonna happen again, the participation needs to be there.

Some of these views I dont agree with butI respect the honesty.

Nothing at all about the MC was scripted.

Right on Yoccos. The key in there is some of you. It's apparent who busted hump and in my posts I did a poor job of giving credit where credit is due. Problem with these threads is it's so easy to take things personal.

Said this in a post to TC, TMC rocked and if nothing changes at all it will rock again because of guys like you that did and are going the extra mile.

I thought so as well. And if there ever is another one it will be bigger and better. There are just a few things that need to be ironed out before the next one.

Im interested in this. Why bigger and better in your opinion?

I busted my a$$ on Sunday... literally somewhere near the spot where I took all those tee off photos. Hurt like hell.

I enjoyed my spank time.

Im interested in this. Why bigger and better in your opinion?

Because of this thread, we now know what everyone wants out of the Morgan Cup. From reviews on equipment used to the wagers to even the pre/post videos. More than anything just a hunch. Even if it were the same 16 people it would still be just as epic, because to me what made TMC so special to me was that we got to see the personalities become professionals for a weekend.

Me too Yoccos, i loved that spanks character.

Right on Yoccos. The key in there is some of you. It's apparent who busted hump and in my posts I did a poor job of giving credit where credit is due. Problem with these threads is it's so easy to take things personal.

Said this in a post to TC, TMC rocked and if nothing changes at all it will rock again because of guys like you that did and are going the extra mile.

Im not gonna lie, I do take some of it personal. Its just in some responses you see the underlying meaning and campaigning to get their spot secured rather than honest feedback. Im not saying you haha, just so thats out there. A lot of the times its hard to get people to be knterested and sometimes it as simple as a common joke.

Thats a big statement from an outsider. There are some things that need to be tweaked, but to claim you know what needs to be "ironed out" is a little presumptious.

Because of this thread, we now know what everyone wants out of the Morgan Cup. From reviews on equipment used to the wagers to even the pre/post videos. More than anything just a hunch. Even if it were the same 16 people it would still be just as epic, because to me what made TMC so special to me was that we got to see the personalities become professionals for a weekend.

Wasnt there always ongoing feedback? Didnt people have the opportunity to chime in?

Thats a big statement from an outsider. There are some things that need to be tweaked, but to claim you know what needs to be "ironed out" is a little presumptious.
CB, what do you mean by "outsider"?

Again, this stuff is not personal and that you guys think I am making light of your efforts kinda bums me out. Why do you think TMC was a success? Sure as hell wasn't me. No point in carrying on about it. TMC kicked a** and I want more of it.

Wasnt there always ongoing feedback? Didnt people have the opportunity to chime in?

In the Morgan Cup thread itself? Not in my opinion every time I went in there it was different conversations within the participants(from encouragement to jokes) never really feedback towards what's to come at the actual event.

And CB, I don't follow, I never said I knew what needed to be ironed out I'm simply following JBs lead by saying things will be changed for the next one.

In the Morgan Cup thread itself? Not in my opinion every time I went in there it was different conversations within the participants(from encouragement to jokes) never really feedback towards what's to come at the actual event.

And CB, I don't follow, I never said I knew what needed to be ironed out I'm simply following JBs lead by saying things will be changed for the next one.

Check the first post in the MC thread. It explained everything there. Im just pointing out the info was within reach.

Guess I don't understand here. A question was asked by JB and many of us answered him. THP should be better off long term from the feedback given, but some just don't want those answers.

I myself participated, watched the videos and commented, cheered everyone on and tried to be as much a part of things as possible, with no agenda, lol.

I know you all worked very hard down there, thanks. Now, back to the questions, how can it become even better?

Tap,Tap,Tap

Here is my take on things (not that it matters probably)

I first read the MC post I think two weeks before it started. I read the post about it and thought "wow that is a really clever idea". I am very fortunate in the things I have been able to do with sports so I know what it is like to be on a big stage...being on a big stage for golf is something I really could never imagine. Tour pros get the perfect equipment for their game so they can go on the course with confidence in their game. When I first started golfing the closest I came to being "fitted" was graphite shafts because it would be softer on my shoulder injury. When I got fitted for my irons last month I was so happy because I never realized how much playing with the right clubs would drop my scores. So now I understood how great it was to play with clubs (just irons) that were tuned perfectly for me.

The next thing that I thought was cool was the fact that you would get to play with fellow THP members and compete with/against them. Everyone has their personalities and its really cool to think that you can make friends here and then actually meet the people in person. I had a chance to golf with Redlyne, Beanie, and Yoccos and even though I wasnt supposed to be golfing I went out anyways and had the most fun I have had on the course in a long time. That round really meant a lot to me.

I had no idea who anyone on that list of teams was but I knew that I really wanted to see how the whole thing would work out. I thought the videos were great and you could just see how everyone was having a great time and was trying their best to play competitive golf. The gear is cool and all (I wont lie I would kill for a staff bag with my name on it) but I really never got the feeling that it was just for "free stuff". It was about the experience...and I know every MC'er will agree with me that they will never forget that weekend.

I really hope I can be apart of a demo day in the future so I can meet some more Hackers!

Again, this stuff is not personal and that you guys think I am making light of your efforts kinda bums me out. Why do you think TMC was a success? Sure as hell wasn't me. No point in carrying on about it. TMC kicked a** and I want more of it.

I know. You can just hear it in peoples words being typed ;)

Check the first post in the MC thread. It explained everything there. Im just pointing out the info was within reach.

Oh I understand what you're talking about. I thought you were talking about feedback towards the actual event. No I read the first post and it explained everything clearly I thought for everyone to know and understand.

You have a way of wording TMex so he is understood.

CB, what do you mean by "outsider"?

Yoccos you crazy man. Sean, by "outsider" which was a poorly chosen word, I simply meant someone that was not competing in the event. I misread the tone of his post thinking that he meant he "knew" what needed to be fixed with the Morgan Cup.

Guess I don't understand here. A question was asked by JB and many of us answered him. THP should be better off long term from the feedback given, but some just don't want those answers.

I myself participated, watched the videos and commented, cheered everyone on and tried to be as much a part of things as possible, with no agenda, lol.

I know you all worked very hard down there, thanks. Now, back to the questions, how can it become even better?

Tap,Tap,Tap

I love you Due but Im also gonna give my feedback even if it is late. I personally loved when anyone got invovled from the equipment threads to the main thread. Ill say how hard we worked in every post if I feel like it.

I think the MC was a success becuase of everyone from the participants to the sponsors to JB/GG to everyone on the forum.

I know you did buddy, not to mention all the efforts leading up to it. Not singling anyone out, but if everyone will keep an open ear to the answers here maybe 2.0 can garner more and stronger interest to match that hard work.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I think the MC was a success becuase of everyone from the participants to the sponsors to JB/GG to everyone on the forum.

Bingo!! It was the actual people not the equipment/sponsors to me.

I agree with Duey. I'm glad everyone can get whatever off their chest but I like the idea of being more proactive. However, I'm not sure I can give any advice to THP. I think they should do it the way they want to do it, and involve whoever they want to involve.

Time for a rambling set of comments from me.

First of all, I agree with what JB has said numerous times in this thread how from THP's perspective (and personally for me as well) the Morgan Cup has been a learning experience on many fronts. With me personally, while I loved the event and the entire ongoing experience, if I had known in March what the exact expectations would be of all the participants, I might not have signed up. The reason I say that is that while I majorly increased my activity level for the past six months, I could have told you that I was not going to be able to keep up with the TCs, Ddec's and Yoccos' of this event on a post count, trash talking, and general promotion of THP basis. I can tell you that my work output suffered greatly due to the amount of time I did spend reading and posting in these threads.

I think a lot of us had to take some time to find our voice in these threads. As one of the higher handicaps, I didn't want to do a lot of trash talking and taunting, but as I understood that was the expectation, I tried to improve and get more active on those fronts. This event was never about the competition for me, but I can understand how some others thought that was the focus (or wanted it to be based on just the initial information). As videos or social media posting were encouraged, I tried to do things in those areas, but I don't for a minute believe I couldn't have done more. These are all learnings for whatever is next.

I do understand how people outside the 16 of us could feel left out. Given what the event entailed for the reasonable initial fee, there is nothing that could help that in the days after the initial selections as no matter the outcome, there was no way for everyone to be selected who wanted to be. Of the golf sites I've seen, THP is the best of any of them by a huge amount at distributing the opportunities to newbies and veterans, but I'll be honest, in the days between the announcement and the sign-up day, my biggest fear was not failing to get in the 16, but was that 16 people who only newly signed up to THP and posted 500 meaningless times would be the ones that represented the forum in this event. To me it was inevitable after sign-up that some people would disappear, and to be honest I'm thrilled to see how many stayed and have become active.

There are some other things I want to say along these lines. Thank you to all the folks that did jump in, take sides, and participate in the banter. The thread was difficult to keep up with due to the speed of the posts and I know that you all injected much-needed fresh blood and enthusiasm into all the threads. Similarly, one of the best things that happened to the build-up of the event was JB getting in. The attitude and content improved exponentially when that happened, and we all had to step up and perform better for the event.

I thoroughly hope that there is another Morgan Cup. Unless I am specifically asked though, I will sit out the next one for a couple of reasons. First, I would like to see some new faces get the opportunity to experience what I just did. However, I do believe a balanced approach is needed, because quite frankly, the event needs some of the personalities that were present the first time. There is nothing about this process that is easy, and I would venture that some hands that have been through it before will help smooth the process and can help newcomers make the most out of their opportunity. Second, the outing probably fits better with the level of time I can consistently offer this community. I love playing golf with my THP brothers and sisters, I love the experience of Demo Day, and I missed the outing greatly this year.

I sincerely apologize to THP and/or TaylorMade if I did not fulfill what was expected of me in this process. I am proud to be part of the THP family though, and I will continue to do anything I can to help this site be successful.

I agree with Duey. I'm glad everyone can get whatever off their chest but I like the idea of being more proactive. However, I'm not sure I can give any advice to THP. I think they should do it the way they want to do it, and involve whoever they want to involve.

Of course you can give advice TC, and it will be good advice too because you were through al the stuff the first time. You can advise what needs changing from the participant level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back