Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
As I have gotten wiser (read: older) there are certain things in life which I appreciate much more now than in the past. For example, I am far more focused on quality now than I ever used to be, I want something that can age with me and not have to be replaced constantly. Another thing is versatility in a product, the ability to do more than one thing means less clutter which sounds amazing.

In golf and travel, it is excruciatingly easy to accumulate a plethora of bags, for clothing, carry-on, golf clubs, or any other number of things. What happens to those things when you aren’t traveling? They get stored and take up an excessive amount of space. That is what makes the new Stitch MUT so fascinating.

Continue reading...

That is really well done. Being able to combine a standard bag with a travel cover is pretty darn awesome.

Great write-up @Jman , this is certainly innovative. I do wonder how do you find it as far as padding to protect clubs or can you store your clothing such that it provides the padding? I like the addition of the bar to put in use when needed.

I bet they sell a bunch of these, cool product.

That’s a pretty cool idea. I wonder how it holds up over time?
Any time a travel cover is in play, you do have to wonder a bit for sure. Based on my how Ultimate Garment Bag from them has held up over the last few years, I would say it should do pretty darn well.

Pretty unique to combine the two, I’d just be a bit concerned about the padding and bulk required to properly protect the clubs. It’s an interesting idea for certain.

@Jman great article! I really like the idea of this. I somewhat question its durability and the padding for clubs. At that price point I'd have VERY high expectations.

Stitch makes great innovative stuff. I love the Birdie bag that I picked up. Will definitely keep an eye on the reviews of the Mut.

I like the idea, and what their trying to so. No doubt it's quality. Only question I have is can work so well that it replaces 2 other bags that have one specific purpose? Sometimes dual purpose means you sacrifice a bit. Not saying this is the case, just wondering. If it can, then they definitely have something here.

This is pretty darn awesome!

I think it's awesome idea. No clue about the execution but I really want to like it. Based on what I've read about the company from THP they probably thought it through very well.

How does the full handle attach to the golf bag when it's extended though so it doesn't just flop over? Are there clips or slips on the back that you can secure it when you pull it fully out? I would worry about the handle getting too telescoped (is that a phrase?) where it wouldn't be sturdy when you are doing the golf bag portion of it.

Impressive and innovative design. Good stuff, James!

Does the golf cover have 2 or 4 wheels?

Really cool product.

As I get older I not only appreciate well made stuff but I also appreciate minimal design and multi-use items. I want less stuff but I want the stuff I do have to be outstanding quality that I can use a few different ways.

conceptually, I offer the golfiest of golf claps. What a great concept.

It's out of my range for how I carry on (usually a shoulder strap bag), and the pricetag, but I respect it.

Not going to lie, this sounds pretty awesome.

Great idea & concept. Should change the industry for sure. But the pricetag? $498 is a bit much for my wallet. I could see if you travel ALL the time, then yes, it would be worth it

Pretty Innovative! Nice write up @Jman !

Really neat concept, not quite sure I have the use case for it. I have a Caddy Daddy soft cover and a backpack I use as my suitcase, and I have room to store the 2 bags I have vs the 1 bag MUT

Incredibly innovative is first thought. I spent a few hours just a few days ago on the stitch website. Price is a little bit of a shock. Another great product from Stitch.

I think the MUT bag is super cool. As others have mentioned I'd really want to see the padding,etc. I don't think the price is crazy compared to what we see from Stitch normally. But my question is why? Normally we have a carry on and a golf bag when traveling. This does both but doesn't at the same time so its either one or the other 🤷‍♂️

It's pretty cool to have a 2-1 but if you are traveling on a golf trip you would need two bags anyways. One for clubs and one for carry on. So would one get two of these?

Back