The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Dude I'm dreaming about them right now.

I don't really get too jazzed about things like this, but the Custom in particular has me very intererested. It's really a big departure from the past and almost like they read my mind when designing it.

Some days you have the fire. Some days the fire has you. Move over and move up is something I say to myself every single day when the fire has me. Today I have the fire. The 2014 #THPMC is getting close. The year has come. The journey is about to begin, and 40 THPers will have their lives changed.

We are down to the nitty gritty in terms of selections and there are many new faces to go along with a few with experience. The final participants will be ready to roll before the end of January and then the journey begins. 40 golfers will begin a transformation from community member ready to talk golf, to rock star status where people around the world look forward to reading what you write, how you write it and what you have to say about the game and the equipment we all love.

For 6 months (and more), your life will change. You may not think so yet, but it will happen. The journey will consume you. The battles will consume you. Your goals will consume you. All for the name that consumes me (she knows who she is). Get ready gentlemen, its days like today when you look outside and wonder "when", when you can sit back and know "soon" and also know how much more it will matter.

Playing with a purpose is different than anything you have gone through in the past. Your captains will guide you and your assistant captains will mold you and in the end you will have a team set for glory. Only one of the five teams will come out holding the trophies of the new #THPMC and the rest will walk away, still with their head high, knowing that it is complete.

Days like today remind me of why it is #FranchiseRewritten. It is about change. It is about creativity. It is about innovation. And most of all, it is about all of you and putting on the best damn event in the history of golf. Forget Amateur, forget forum, forget internet, forget website. This is the ULTIMATE GOLF EVENT PERIOD...And I am effin proud to be a part of it.

Get ready gentlemen (and ladies)...The 2014 #THPMC is coming. And the franchise has been rewritten!

Love that fire. I already feel bad for whoever I play on Sunday because they have no idea what they are in for.

Love it. If that doesn't pump you up to want in the Morgan Cup nothing will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some days you have the fire. Some days the fire has you. Move over and move up is something I say to myself every single day when the fire has me. Today I have the fire. The 2014 #THPMC is getting close. The year has come. The journey is about to begin, and 40 THPers will have their lives changed.

We are down to the nitty gritty in terms of selections and there are many new faces to go along with a few with experience. The final participants will be ready to roll before the end of January and then the journey begins. 40 golfers will begin a transformation from community member ready to talk golf, to rock star status where people around the world look forward to reading what you write, how you write it and what you have to say about the game and the equipment we all love.

For 6 months (and more), your life will change. You may not think so yet, but it will happen. The journey will consume you. The battles will consume you. Your goals will consume you. All for the name that consumes me (she knows who she is). Get ready gentlemen, its days like today when you look outside and wonder "when", when you can sit back and know "soon" and also know how much more it will matter.

Playing with a purpose is different than anything you have gone through in the past. Your captains will guide you and your assistant captains will mold you and in the end you will have a team set for glory. Only one of the five teams will come out holding the trophies of the new #THPMC and the rest will walk away, still with their head high, knowing that it is complete.

Days like today remind me of why it is #FranchiseRewritten. It is about change. It is about creativity. It is about innovation. And most of all, it is about all of you and putting on the best damn event in the history of golf. Forget Amateur, forget forum, forget internet, forget website. This is the ULTIMATE GOLF EVENT PERIOD...And I am effin proud to be a part of it.

Get ready gentlemen (and ladies)...The 2014 #THPMC is coming. And the franchise has been rewritten!
Preach on Brother JB! Preach on!

If that post doesn't give you chills...

I didn't want to be the first to post after that. That was a great speech. Goosebumps and it's not because it's cold. Thanks jb, thats great timing.

JB must have been on the sideline last night speaking to the FSU players before that final drive...#simplyinspiring

Reading JB post something like that gets me PUMPED for #THPMC. When JB says #FranchiseRewritten, we know he's not joking. All I can say is strap in cause it's gonna be wild ride.

My goal is to get my golf game in the best shape it's ever been in because I know everyone else is thinking the same thing.

JB you're one hell of a coach and a motivator!

This post has me fired up!
One particular point of emphasis really hit home with me.
Playing and practicing with purpose. May I add attitude along with that?
I have moved my game in the direction I feel it needs to take, now hard work, and dedication will be the guide along with that purpose and attitude.

I have a lot to prove, and I intend to do so.

I absolutely love your post, we all know how much this event means to you. That love/vision is evident when looking at what the Morgan Cup has become!

BOOM!! This just busted my 2 o'clock crash at work!

I thought Charlie Strong could make me run through walls after his speech.......we just went up a level! Can't wait!

Love the passion and excitement JB. I can't wait to see what is in store for us all this time around.

Not a day passes that I don't work on something for the Morgan Cup. Whether it is my own game, getting to know the other participants, consuming content from my great sponsor, thinking about "captain" stuff, strategizing with Spicoli, or general THPing...pretty much every spare moment (and maybe some not so spare ones) is consumed with this incredible journey.

JB bringing the fire.... As if us first timers needed more motivation, we read something like this and consumed with a whole new level of passion.

KG

Just Tapping Away

Jb's post gave me goosebumps, just a short time away from the full 40 being chosen and from there all chaos will ensue

#JBforPresident

This world needs more honest passion and that is precisely what Josh brings to his job each and everyday (7 days a week mind you). But it's not just a job and this is not just a website.

#FranchiseRewritten
#UltimateAmateurGolfEvent
#PERIOD

Holy freaking crap, JB, what a post. July can't get here soon enough, but so much to do between now and then. Certainly not a lack of motivation to get to work, and it's now about execution. It's getting more real every day.

One thing is for sure, there is absolutely no better motivation for an amateur golfer on THP than the Morgan Cup. There will be smiles, there will be equipment, and there will be satisfaction, but...

Expect pressure.
Expect competition.
Expect the unexpected.

For those who have experienced it, they know what I'm talking about. Get yourself into local tournament, play money games, and get some matchplay, best ball, and alt-shot under your belt so you know what it's like to let down your partner, or pick your partner up with your shots. Coming in raw is never a good plan. Coming in out of shape is never a good plan with so much golf and heat packed into a couple of very short days.

That JB post was great. When he's excited about something, we all benefit, but know that if you're in this beauty, and you're on team Albatross, the grind will be real.

The fact that JB has been a part of every THP event, and is so excited for this must mean something very special is about to happen!

WOW JB, I'm ready to run in a house fire and save a family, ready to run to the top of Mount Everest, and more importantly ready to run to Myrtle Beach and show what THP means to me. JB you have lit the torch and I am ready to follow the lite. So PROUD and ENTHUSED on getting into the freaking MORGAN CUP. I'm freaking ready for this journey!!!!

The fire is strong with this one!

I'm ready!

Boss man can always get me fired up. 2014 is going to be legendary.

I love when JB gets excited and starts posting whats on his mind. The man knows how to string words together in just the right way. This time he speaks of will fly by, mark my words. FLY BY!!

JB's post made me lightheaded. If I could thank his post 1,000 times I would. #THPMC #franshiserewritten #MOTIVATED

Back