Tim Tebow: Are you fan or foe?

Tim Tebow: Are you fan or foe?

• fan

Votes: 84 81.6%
  • foe

Votes: 19 18.4%

• Total voters
SNL skit:

Damn I had really hoped I had killed this thread.

Finally watched an entire Broncos game last night. I haven't seen that many ducks flying around since opening day of hunting season!

I love Tebow. Although he doesn't deserve all the credit, the exact same team sucked before he stepped in. There is something about him and I love it.

I love Tebow. Although he doesn't deserve all the credit, the exact same team sucked before he stepped in. There is something about him and I love it.

I think there was just something about the teams he was playing. They all gave the game away. He finally played a team that just doesn't give games away, and it didn't work out that well for him at all. Time will tell...

Gotta love If I'm the son of god Tom Brady must be his nephew! The Pats have overcome and clinched their division. Back on Tebow- the NFL has it's share of druggies,abusers of women and animals, Tebow is at least a very positive role model for the NFL.

I think there was just something about the teams he was playing. They all gave the game away. He finally played a team that just doesn't give games away, and it didn't work out that well for him at all. Time will tell...

He actually played quite well yesterday. Its hard to say that in the rest of the games the teams gave it too him. That clearly shows how little was seen of those games. His stats yesterday were decent passing, excellent rushing and they put up points. Im so confused at this point. His detractors say...

When he was winning low scoring games it was not him but the defense.
When he was winning high score games, it was not him, but just luck.
When his defense allows 40 and he still puts up over 20 points, its his true colors and he stinks.

His detractors will always be that. But to say the above is just incorrect.

I wrote this in the NFL thread, but its obviously more fitting here.

The NFL and sports in general of today is dealing with rapists, dog killers, wife cheaters, wife beaters, drug busts, guys shooting themselves, more drug busts and the list goes on and on, here is a local guy of sorts, that is doing everything the "right" way.

Add to that the fact that for 6 years now, all we have heard is that "He wont be successful at the next level" and guess what? He is, doing it with a smile and hard work, and bringing a God awful team to the playoffs (perhaps). Pretty darn good story.

Last year all we heard about was the Mike Vick show and how he was the best thing on the planet on the football field. And while so many love to hate the guy, just as so many love to love the guy, he is every thing right with sports. That hard work, dedication and being clean CAN work.

I wrote this in the NFL thread, but its obviously more fitting here.
That post is spot on dude. I'm a in the corner of those wishing Tebow well. It would be nice to have a real bonafide good guy as a role model to kids watching him play right now.

He actually played quite well yesterday. Its hard to say that in the rest of the games the teams gave it too him. That clearly shows how little was seen of those games. His stats yesterday were decent passing, excellent rushing and they put up points. Im so confused at this point. His detractors say...

When he was winning low scoring games it was not him but the defense.
When he was winning high score games, it was not him, but just luck.
When his defense allows 40 and he still puts up over 20 points, its his true colors and he stinks.

His detractors will always be that. But to say the above is just incorrect.

Your right, little was seen of all of the other games he has played in, Denver doesn't get much "air time" in my market. But from what I have seen via SportCenter, and the like, games were handed to the Broncos in the final seconds over and over again. I understand close only counts in horse shoes, and hand-grenades, the only thing that matters are wins and losses. I love the dude's story, and work ethic, but I just think he might not be as good as some people tend to think. Hopefully I am wrong, and he turns out to be the next Elway. He has only had three games with a QB rating over 100, and only one game with over 20 passes completed. But then again, if your quarterback runs for 150 yards a game, why through the ball? I just don't see it working out.

He actually played quite well yesterday.

Quite well? He completed 50% of his passes, and had a rating of 80. Threw for less than 200 yards. He was sacked four times, and fumbled the ball twice. That's not quite well, that's not even good.

If Romo would have put up numbers like that, he would have been hammered by the fans and media alike. Because we are talking about Tim Tebow, an outing like that is "Quite Well".

Quite well? He completed 50% of his passes, and had a rating of 80. Threw for less than 200 yards. He was sacked four times, and fumbled the ball twice. That's not quite well, that's not even good.

If Romo would have put up numbers like that, he would have been hammered by the fans and media alike. Because we are talking about Tim Tebow, an outing like that is "Quite Well".

You seem to be forgetting the 100 yards rushing and 2 TDs, but okay.
8 yards a carry.
I did not say he had a great passing day. I said he PLAYED quite well.

I thought he played well also. It's almost like having another running back in the game. It keeps the defense "honest".

His stats yesterday were decent passing

Decent is a pretty bright outlook for an outing like this:

He completed 50% of his passes, and had a rating of 80. Threw for less than 200 yards. He was sacked four times, and fumbled the ball twice. That's not quite well, that's not even good.

Look, I don't have anything against the guy, I am just playing Devil's Advocate.

I really do wish him well. I spent an hour watching a Tim Tebow Special on ESPN the other night. The dude is definitely polarizing. A really good guy.

First off I agree JB he did very well on the ground and definitely contributed well in the game. Kyle Orton had 0 TDs and was praised...Tebow had 2 yet is instantly back to "a bust"? So confused.

Also...Aaron Rodgers was 17/35 for 235 yards and a TD with another 32 yards and a TD on the ground. Tebow was 11/22 194 yards with 93 yards and 2 TDs on the ground.

Decent is a pretty bright outlook for an outing like this:

I really wish you would check out a few of your past posts in the NFL thread. After Mike Vick had almost an identical game to Tebows yesterday (except he had an interception), you said he played very good and it was the WRs fault for dropping passes. Im searching for the post now to show you along with the stats from the game.

I really hope Tebow does well, I really do and I have been impressed with him so far, but I also don't think he is the long term solution for the Bronco's at QB. I would be more than pleased if he proves me wrong.

First off I agree JB he did very well on the ground and definitely contributed well in the game. Kyle Orton had 0 TDs and was praised...Tebow had 2 yet is instantly back to "a bust"? So confused.

Also...Aaron Rodgers was 17/35 for 235 yards and a TD with another 32 yards and a TD on the ground. Tebow was 11/22 194 yards with 93 yards and 2 TDs on the ground.

Tebow's stats are similar week to week, the Packers game yesterday was an anomaly I think. I don't even think that was rogers out there, I think it was Tebow dressed up as Rogers.

[video=youtube;kszW8zP-LxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kszW8zP-LxI&feature=relmfu[/video]

I hadn't seen the rookie hazing photo before. Hilarious!

[video=youtube;kszW8zP-LxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kszW8zP-LxI&feature=relmfu[/video]

I hadn't seen the rookie hazing photo before. Hilarious!

When I see an interview like this, I wonder why people don't like Tebow. Nice guy, seems down-to-earth, seems humble. Yes, he talks about his faith a lot. Why is that a problem? I've never seen him condemn others' beliefs or actions so I don't know where the "holier-than-thou" charges come from. Every successful person has a driving factor in their life. For Tim Tebow, it's his relationship with his God. What's wrong with talking about it?

When I see an interview like this, I wonder why people don't like Tebow. Nice guy, seems down-to-earth, seems humble. Yes, he talks about his faith a lot. Why is that a problem? I've never seen him condemn others' beliefs or actions so I don't know where the "holier-than-thou" charges come from. Every successful person has a driving factor in their life. For Tim Tebow, it's his relationship with his God. What's wrong with talking about it?
People look for a reason to not like him, that's why. In the world of today, Tim Tebow is what is right with Professional Athletes. He hasnt been accused of rape like Big Ben. He didnt serve time for an illegal dog fighting ring like Vick. He didnt bash his own country in regards to 9/11 like Mendenhall. He didnt send picture texts or get addicted to pain killers like Favre. Yet people will bash the kid.

People praise Vick because he "served his time" and "turned his life around through faith" but bash Tebow because he is upfront and professes his faith? Give me a break.

People look for a reason to not like him, that's why. In the world of today, Tim Tebow is what is right with Professional Athletes. He hasnt been accused of rape like Big Ben. He didnt serve time for an illegal dog fighting ring like Vick. He didnt bash his own country in regards to 9/11 like Mendenhall. He didnt send picture texts or get addicted to pain killers like Favre. Yet people will bash the kid.

People praise Vick because he "served his time" and "turned his life around through faith" but bash Tebow because he is upfront and professes his faith? Give me a break.

I haven't heard anything not to like about him and the more I see/hear from him the more I like him.
If you listen to Adam Carolla's rant about occupy Wall St ("parental advisory, explicit language" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJD8pZiRIzs) I think it explains a lot about the somewhat mindless hate going on in the world. Tebow is kind of the poster boy for success.

Loved this video when they played it Sunday on ESPN's pre-game show...

He is a winner. I am a fan and see no reason to root against him personally. Appreciate that he stands and speaks for what he believes in, regardless of what other think.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Exactly my thoughts. No reason to hate the guy.

Back