Transitions Championship [Spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Played at Innisbrook in Palm Harbor, the Copperhead course is an absolute beauty. Very challenging over the years to the PGA tour players and one that has finally attracted an above average field with 4 of the top 10 playing.

I always enjoy watching this event and expect to see a great tournament this week. I'm within shouting distance in Fantasy Golf so this week might be the week I go ahead and grab that top spot. :confused2:

• Admin
I always enjoy watching this event and expect to see a great tournament this week. I'm within shouting distance in Fantasy Golf so this week might be the week I go ahead and grab that top spot. :confused2:

You could just claim it, because I think the top guy has no posts anyway...:beat-up:

You could just claim it, because I think the top guy has no posts anyway...:beat-up:
Ouch! Apparently our subtle little message didn't help. We'll bring out the ban hammer if we have to!

Who you liking this week? You've played this course several times right?

It's tournaments like this were people can make big moves in the fantasy league because not everyone makes the same picks like some of the other tournaments.

Love watching this for sure. The course a lone makes it worth watching.

I love being here at THP. Before this year I didn't watch much golf so I know nothing about this tourney or course. Same for a lot of the tourneys/courses before this one. I love learning all sorts of stuff about them. And I need to get lucky this week to continue my crawl out of the Fantasy Golf basement.

• Admin
Ouch! Apparently our subtle little message didn't help. We'll bring out the ban hammer if we have to!

Who you liking this week? You've played this course several times right?

Yeah, I have played this one a lot. Both the Island and Copperhead at Innisbrook are awesome golf courses. Little fact is now they are affiliated with Reunion and Hammock Beach. The owner (a great lady backed company) came in and bought all 3 and if you are a member at one, you have rights at all 3. Not too shabby for those lucky members.

It is tough off the tee with elevation changes (rare for this area of FL) with great greens. You have to hit it long enough to be a factor, but accuracy is even more important.

I will be at this one on Sunday. I went one time years ago, looking forward to going again.

Yeah, I have played this one a lot. Both the Island and Copperhead at Innisbrook are awesome golf courses. Little fact is now they are affiliated with Reunion and Hammock Beach. The owner (a great lady backed company) came in and bought all 3 and if you are a member at one, you have rights at all 3. Not too shabby for those lucky members.

It is tough off the tee with elevation changes (rare for this area of FL) with great greens. You have to hit it long enough to be a factor, but accuracy is even more important.

Does this mean I should take Donald out of my lineup this week?

Nah. Shorter guys like Goosen have won this one in the past. You have to be straight off the tee, or you are in trouble without incredible saves.

Seems like is one of those events where it is wide open and there are no clear cut favorites like there was in the last two events.

I would say no. Guys like Choi and Furyk have won here before. As he said, accuracy is going to be most important.

A lot of people look at it as Woodland won last year, but his flat stick won it. The guy made every putt within 20ft on Sunday.

I say ban the top 3 this way I'm in 1st!

I'll be watching, but not as much as usual. Unfortunately there's this pesky little thing called the first weekend of the ncaa tournament as well as wiaa boys state basketball tournament this weekend to draw my attention away from the greatest sport of them all

Looking forward to this one. Lack of Euro options in pool B has forced my hand slightly though!

Glad to see a good field this year.

Looks like they are getting ready to tee off in about 10 minutes.

This week I have starting:

Bo Van Pelt
John Senden
Luke Donald
Justin Rose

Hopefully, I can make it 2 weeks in a row of not having to go to the bench!

Eerie, Cookie. Get out of my head.

Starters: Donald, Van Pelt, Rose, Schwartzel.

Starting Donald, Rose, Van Pelt, Schwartzel.
Backups Choi, Allenby, Rollins, Huh.
I think a lot of lineups are going to look the same, so if someone takes a flyer they could move up a lot. Or get completely smoked like I did when I got clever.

Last edited:
I'm starting Garcia, Day, Van Pelt, and the surprise package of the week, playing his first professional competition on US soil - Tom Lewis.

Thank goodness I remembered to make my lineup last night!

I got Donald, Rose, Van Pelt, and Schwartzel starting. Will not think twice about swapping in Simpson, Snedeker, Day, or Laird if I have to. Should be an interesting week for fantasy golf as usual.

This has turned into quite a tournament on the Florida swing and some say the nicest course they play during that swing, although that.s debatable. This tournament doesn't seem to favor one type of player over another, which is odd considering how tough it is off the fairway. Should be fun to watch.

Was watching TGC this morning and with the time change, there were guys warming up on the range in the dark...LOL

Tappin from my iPad

Glad I remembered to fill out my roster this week

Forgot to fill out my roster! Day 1 will be a whopping 0 for me

Back