UST Mamiya & THP Shaft Spectacular - April 2016

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last month we kicked off this amazing monthly drawing and this continues for the April THP & UST Shaft Spectacular. Each month two lucky THPers get the tour treatment as 2016 continues to #ChangeTheGame. March Event filled up and we are on to April. For those looking at what this is all about, check out the Live Update Thread from the February edition and see the surprises.

When & Where
April 29th & 30th
They will be happening every month through July
UST HQ in DFW, TX

Cost & What's Included
There is no cost at all to you, outside of your traveling expenses (airfare, hotel, etc). Your days there are on THP & UST and that is complete with all of the below.
Tour the UST Facility
Test Product on Launch Monitor
Get fit for new product
Equipment involved
Round of Golf
And much much more

Itinerary
Friday - 4/29
Tour UST Mamiya
Equipment & Shaft Talk & Education
Lunch
Fitting
Dinner

Saturday - 4/30
Golf

How To Get Involved
Getting to be a part of this special program will be by sign up each month in the respective threads. Your 2016 Albatross Club membership is your key to unlock this and many other programs on THP. If you are not a member, and want information on how to join and help support the Humane Society shelters and animals in need, click here.

It Said Equipment What Does That Mean
It changes every month and the program will be different every month. One month it might be all about the driver, the next month it could be irons and so on. It will be a surprise when you walk through the door and are greeted by THP & UST and you never know what will be included. The only thing we can say on this is, prepare to be surprised and no two months will ever be the same in their entirety.

Signing Up
All you have to do is signup in this thread and let us know that you want to be a part of this amazing couple of days and why. Please also include this information.
Your Current Shafts in each club in your bag

Special Month
Normally we are looking for two THPers to join in on the fun, but this month it is one THPer joining THP staff member #Cookie as I will not be able to make it out for this one. So the lucky person will also be able to enjoy this special few days with a THP Legend in Cookie.

Good luck everybody...You are in for a real treat as we saw a few weeks back where the participants got a full bag fitting and shafts for every club, a new driver in the Callaway XR 16 and a whole lot more...All for the cost of ZERO (minus the Albatross Club Membership of course).

Last edited:
I'm very excited for this and looking forward to whom gets to join me, get those entries in folks!!!

I would love to be part of this event and see where UST can improve with my current shafts.

Driver - Oban Hanshimoto
3W - Mitsubishi Kuro Kage
D9 - Mitsubishi Kuro Kage
Apex 5Hy - Mitsubishi Kuro Kage
Apex 6-AW UST Recoil 780 ES F4
MD3 wedges- true temper S300
Putter - ? Stock odyssey

You had me at Cookie.

Actually, after the way this went down previously, I'd be surprised if entries for this don't triple.

I want to be selected for this so I can learn more about shafts. I would love to know if I have to correct recoils in my irons now.
Bag shaft breakdown:
Driver: Fufi Pro 60 Stiff
3 Wood: Fuji pro 70 stiff
Hybrid: Kuro TiNi 80 stiff
4 iron through 60 degree Recoil 110 F4
Putter is stock shaft in all putters

Reading comprehension was never my friend.

Yes! I want in.

Driver: Project X Handcrafted LZ
Fairway Wood: Accra AC75
Hybrid: Aldila Tour Green
Irons: True Temper S300
Wedges: KBS Hi-Rev
Putter: Stock Odyssey (no shaft label)

I would love to be a part of this to learn more about the tech that goes into making the shafts and to pick Danny's brain a bit. Here are the shafts that are currently in my bag:

Driver: Diamana a'hina 72g stiff
3w: Project X LZ 6.5
Hyb: Diamana 82 Bluboard
4-GW: KBS Tours 120 stiff
Wedges: KBS Hi-Rev shafts
Putter: Whatever Seemore installed.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Oh man getting to hang out with Cookie and some awesome people in UST is a recipe for awesomeness. I might have to see if this will work for me....

Congrats cookie

Hoping that doesnt deter any signups Alienthingy

I'm very excited for this and looking forward to whom gets to join me, get those entries in folks!!!
Hopefully I see you there cookie!!!

Hey JB, the Saturday date should be 4/30 in the itinerary section of the OP.

Very awesome Cookie, glad you get to experience this in person.

We did???? Oops wrong shane haha

But yes you 2 did an awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!

Shane and I set the bar so high that they will probably want us both back by the summer picks! :D

Serious ponder on this one, when does sign up end?

Pumped for #Cookie on this one, he will CRUSH the coverage.

With that though, I won't be trying for this month's, I'm tired of that guy. :alien:

GOOD LUCK people! You've seen now, UST isn't jacking around!!!!

I want to be a part of this amazing couple of days because my shaft knowledge is almost non existent. I mean I understand I'm a stiff flex, but when it comes to knowing what other shafts, profiles, weights, etc. I should be playing, I have no clue! I need help in this area and know Danny and UST can give me a crash course of knowledge!
Driver - Fly z stock matrix stiff
3w - project lz 6.5
3h/4h - Elements Chrome stiff
5-gw - Matrix Program 95s
SW - TT Stock Wedge
LW - KBS Stock Wedge
Putter -
Stock steel

Looking forward to this one, hanging with #cookie for this is worth the price of admission people, not to mention the awesome that UST is going to throw at you.

Just wanted to quote this bit of awesome because it really hasn't sunk in for this guy that has already had the pleasure in round one:

"Good luck everybody...You are in for a real treat as we saw a few weeks back where the participants got a full bag fitting and shafts for every club, a new driver in the Callaway XR 16 and a whole lot more...All for the cost of ZERO (minus the Albatross Club Membership of course)."

Man I am pondering this one hardcore. Dates somewhat work. Time to talk to the CEO.

Back