Wanted - THP Staff Writer & Equipment Tester

That's a great idea. Might do that when I get home. It's about time I did a proper one anyways.
I would think we may want to hold off on doing that until they choose the new staffer. This way the reviewers don't accidently come across our reviews and place a name with a particular review they are considering. Posting them afterwards keeps the current review blind and unbiased.

I would think we may want to hold off on doing that until they choose the new staffer. This way the reviewers don't accidently come across our reviews and place a name with a particular review they are considering. Posting them afterwards keeps the current review blind and unbiased.

No. Not today I won't. Sorry just meant I would work on my review to put up sometime. It's been awhile and I have some new light to shed is all.

No. Not today I won't. Sorry just meant I would work on my review to put up sometime. It's been awhile and I have some new light to shed is all.
I'm going back to grade school to work on my reading comprehension skills. Pay me no mind!

I'm going back to grade school to work on my reading comprehension skills. Pay me no mind!

Haha. You are fine. It's my poor choice of words. Rereading what I wrote wasn't the best way to put it.

Or when we're told we're no longer in the running....I do think it would be fun to see the reviews. I'll post mine when it is appropriate.

Last edited:
Any news on this terrific opportunity?
I know it's a tough job to pick from many very good entries, I'm just really excited to hear the results.....

Any news on this terrific opportunity?
I know it's a tough job to pick from many very good entries, I'm just really excited to hear the results.....

Im guessing with the Invitational just taking place it may have slowed down the process a little bit, but Im sure in due time all will be revealed

Sorry, can't help there.

I will say that as I was just sitting down to work on a few things today I had a couple thoughts cross my mind. 1) We need somebody! I have a massive pile of items at the moment and 2) I really do love doing what I do and hope that the person chosen shares that passion. It's truly a rewarding gig if you like to learn and share that knowledge.

There were lots of entries, more than they originally thought and they are gonna take their time on this one. It's a huge decision.

Im guessing with the Invitational just taking place it may have slowed down the process a little bit, but Im sure in due time all will be revealed

That is correct. We had to stop due to the Invitational, and my attention was elsewhere this weekend due to Duke being sick. I apologize for the delay, but we should have this wrapped up this week.

That is correct. We had to stop due to the Invitational, and my attention was elsewhere this weekend due to Duke being sick. I apologize for the delay, but we should have this wrapped up this week.

I think Duke should have the final vote simply because of his awesomeness.

I'm super sad I missed this...I no longer have my second job now that spring and summer approach. I currently review a lot of stuff for the aquarium hobby I'm part of so this would have been a great addition to break up everything.

Good luck to all those who entered! It would be such a cool "job" to have!

I'm super sad I missed this...I no longer have my second job now that spring and summer approach. I currently review a lot of stuff for the aquarium hobby I'm part of so this would have been a great addition to break up everything.

Good luck to all those who entered! It would be such a cool "job" to have!

that at was my thought too since I don't work full time so I have the time to spend but haven't written in years

We need somebody! I have a massive pile of items at the moment
The volume of stuff you and JMan have been churning out was part of what prompted my question about the possibility of more than one addition (I was actually thinking about a scenario of multiple "junior" staff members in order to distribute the load). You guys have been killing it lately. Thanks for all your efforts.

Nah, one more will work out just fine. Jman is off in Mickey World, so it just worked out that way.

Sorry, can't help there.

I will say that as I was just sitting down to work on a few things today I had a couple thoughts cross my mind. 1) We need somebody! I have a massive pile of items at the moment and 2) I really do love doing what I do and hope that the person chosen shares that passion. It's truly a rewarding gig if you like to learn and share that knowledge.

Feel free to send me a Mod 90 and I will write you a great review ;) But seriously you guys have been doing a great job and I love reading your reviews.

pfftt I thought of Duke all weekend. Still am.

We all benefit from the time it takes to find the right person. No need to rush things. Hawk just needs to write faster haha not really. I can honestly say I'm still reading through the reviews that have been done to date.

GG. . . No apologies needed. I was just curious.

Nah, one more will work out just fine. Jman is off in Mickey World, so it just worked out that way.

Agreed. One is perfect IMO, I just left Hawk in a little bind this week.

Mickey is awesome.

Good luck to all those that threw their hat in the ring....I had every intention of doing so...but work got in the way.

Just wanted to ask if my entry will be an issue if it was submitted as an attachment that was created in word document?

Back