Week 7 - 2014 THP Fantasy Football

This is a very true statement, however could also be what is holding you back from trades.
Carson Palmer has been quite good since coming back. However is he in the top 16 in the league? If not, he is a backup QB for most teams.

Sorry Dan but I agree here. Palmer would be my backup. In both leagues now I have Dalton (funny how that happened) but if I had to pick between the two Dalton would be my starter, or I would play the match-ups.

So Boldin could add points to your starting lineup, and Palmer is on your bench? Even though Palmer scores more points, that adds points where it matters; to your actual score. I'd make that trade. Who's your starting QB?

And FWIW, this is only a 14 game season. After this week we're half way there. There's not much down the line left...
Boldin would add a point or two. While I know Palmer is a back up for most he would also be a starter for quite a few. I have a pretty good squad in Harvin, Jones, Murphy, John brown, and stevie Johnson. I just don't see Boldin adding much in a run first offense and only throwing the ball 20 or less times a game. Call me crazy or whatever but that's how I feel. Never said the trade was a bad offer, in fact it's quite fair. But at 4-2 I don't think it's time to make big risks like that.

And Russell Wilson is my starter.

Boldin would add a point or two. While I know Palmer is a back up for most he would also be a starter for quite a few. I have a pretty good squad in Harvin, Jones, Murphy, John brown, and stevie Johnson. I just don't see Boldin adding much in a run first offense and only throwing the ball 20 or less times a game. Call me crazy or whatever but that's how I feel. Never said the trade was a bad offer, in fact it's quite fair. But at 4-2 I don't think it's time to make big risks like that.

Totally understandable. Its why outside of the top 4, its hard to trade QBs.
Harvin is a tough one too. Just keep waiting for him to break out.

That's the thing. I still think Harvin will break out very soon.

That's the thing. I still think Harvin will break out very soon.

I keep waiting for it too. I turned down offers for him because he is still an unknown, but I do think he will break out. When he does I am sure I will be kicking myself for turning it down, but it was too much risk at the time.

I keep waiting for it too. I turned down offers for him because he is still an unknown, but I do think he will break out. When he does I am sure I will be kicking myself for turning it down, but it was too much risk at the time.
I don't blame you. He has been quite disappointing so far. But he can be quite explosive as well.

No, Brown is the guy I want, so let's make that happen. I am looking for a package deal. I want to move a few guys, 2 for 2 deal or something like that not just a 1 for 1.

I can't figure anything out right now. I want Foster but I wanna keep Brown. I know that 3 for 3 offer you made wasn't close but I can't come up with one I'd be happy with either.

I can't figure anything out right now. I want Foster but I wanna keep Brown. I know that 3 for 3 offer you made wasn't close but I can't come up with one I'd be happy with either.

Sadly you want the best player, without giving up the best player, so in the end, more participants are needed to get by (*strictly my opinion, not anybody elses). As GG said, you both value Steve Smith quite differently. It happens of course (and nobody is wrong). At least the league has some action going right now, hopefully others jump in.

This league has some real silent people in it. I never expected that.

Sadly you want the best player, without giving up the best player, so in the end, more participants are needed to get by (*strictly my opinion, not anybody elses). As GG said, you both value Steve Smith quite differently. It happens of course (and nobody is wrong). At least the league has some action going right now, hopefully others jump in.

However, Smith and Foster both average the same per game and I figured his gain as a flex over Crabtree would be enticing.

I'd be curious to see the actual numbers but my gut says half of the people in each league are pretty silent. That's not bad or negative. Some people are quiet and not as active here (again not wrong.)

I think I can name like 6 forum members in my league and that's because we converse on here, thru PM and on trade offers. The rest, I don't have a clue who they are.

One guy in our league put his forum name at the end of his team name and that is really nice. I've thought about adding that to mine as well.

However, Smith and Foster both average the same per game and I figured his gain as a flex over Crabtree would be enticing.

They do. So in that case, if you were offered Smith for Foster, you would accept it?
People value players in different ways I guess. I dont know too many that would make that trade straight up.
Again, just my thoughts however and obviously I have no input or say.

League 3 has been getting better

We do however have 3 teams that have only made 3 add/drops all year, which is pretty unheard of in a 16 team league. Combined record of 4-14

League 3 has been getting better

We do however have 3 teams that have only made 3 add/drops all year, which is pretty unheard of in a 16 team league. Combined record of 4-14
That's especially crazy with their W-L that low. They get all the first shots on the waiver wire.

That's especially crazy with their W-L that low. They get all the first shots on the waiver wire.
Yep that's when you know peeps be inactive

Yep that's when you know peeps be inactive

Honest question as I don't know and haven't looked it up, but who's been waiver wire gold thus far?

In our league I can think of Quick, maybe Asiata and/or McKinnon.

Honest question as I don't know and haven't looked it up, but who's been waiver wire gold thus far?

Oliver, Forsett

Justin forsett
Isiah crowell
Allen hurns kinda
Larry Donnell
Knile davis briefly
Sanu
Eddie royal

Just to name a few from earlier in the year

Oliver hands down & I'm still kicking myself for picking him up & dropping him

Oliver hands down & I'm still kicking myself for picking him up & dropping him

Yeah, Forsett and Oliver are probably top two. Our league was pretty good drafting though because some waiver wire guys in other leagues were drafter in ours.

I picked up Oliver and McKinnon. I'm hoping they help make up for Moreno and Chris Johnson. Not sure how much Matthews and Asiata will cut into their production going forward though.

I picked up Oliver and McKinnon. I'm hoping they help make up for Moreno and Chris Johnson. Not sure how much Matthews and Asiata will cut into their production going forward though.

I wonder about this too. I put out trade offers for both of those guys, but am a little worried that their production could go down.

I drafted Crowell
Oliver I picked up 2 weeks before he took off
Storm Johnson was a pickup before he got carries.

I hear ya. I'm a one QB type owner. I do like having Boldin around He is reliable.

Regardless the bad teams are not taking advantage of their waiver spots at least in our league

I wonder about this too. I put out trade offers for both of those guys, but am a little worried that their production could go down.

I'm curious how they're valued in regards to trades. Oliver's might go down with Matthews coming back but I guess it looks like McKinnon is going to be the RB1 in Minnesota over Asiata.

Back