What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a foursomes tie last night that my partner and I won 3&2 to progress to the semi final. We didn't play as well as in the previous round but did enough for the win.

I shot an 81 today in our mid monthly. I was in second place when I had to leave but there was still a few people to come in. Ill check tomorrow and see if I won anything. Just wanted to get a practise round in before our 2nd round of club champs tomorrow after last weeks bad start.

All these years of playing, I should know not to brag about a round in progress....

Last night after work, went for 18 at a course I've never played. I was on fire and only +2 after 6 with a Birdie on the first hole!
I mentioned it and the wheels fell off for a few holes. I got it back together somewhat around #11 and finished with a decent 40 on the back.
Ended up with an 86, with a snowman and some doubles thrown in. It was the round that could have been something, for sure.

PB 68 (-1) today on my home course. Course is playing par 69 at the moment because one of our par 4's is under cart path construction and is playing as a par 3. I had 3 very makeable putts spin out on me, 2 of which were for birdie, but had 3 birdies otherwise. The Altitudes were dialed in today.

Congrats, this is one impressive PB.

Shot a 9-hole 52 last night. The greens were in bad shape. It looked as if someone had driven over the greens (maybe mowing) and the tires pulled up small clumps of grass everywhere. It looked like what would happen if someone were to drag their spikes instead of picking up their feet. I initially thought they had aerated them but there were no plugs anywhere and no holes noticeable. Every putt I made bounced the entire way to the hole, if it made it. I left several putts 4-5 feet short because of it. I think I finished with 4 3-putts as a result.

Shot 82 today (42-40) with 8 GIR and 35 putts teeing it forward at the UI Orange using the new Blue tees. I had a couple of ugly back to back double bogeys on 6 & 7 that prevented a sub-80 round. They finally updated the scorecards with the new Blue and Orange (forward/women) tee yardage. The Orange plays around 5700 from the Blues (vs. almost 6700 from the whites) and my 81-year young Dad saves 500 yds from the orange tees. Dad hasn't played much this summer but broke 60 on the front 9 with a 58 which is good for him. He played about 3 and half more holes before calling it a golfing day and just riding along with me and my buddy Dave in the cart.

37 on the home course before the monsoon kicked us off. Solid round though!

Nice nine holes, WCBM! I assume it was nine holes, it wasn't 6 holes was it? hehehe

Played with fellow THP'er Buckbug at Arrowhead in Akron, NY. Shot an 88 (45/43). Was playing from the sand all day.

Scored well with 86 but wasn't feeling it, very scrambly.

Was particularly pleased with first three holes, last twice out, I've been 10 over on these three alone with starts of 7, 7, 7 and 5, 10, 6!!

20130809card.png

Played on a new course for me today. 6872 yards from the back tees, par73, CR 74.6 Slope 138.

I hit one drive totally wrong, resulting in a triple. Was at +7 after 15. Played with a buddy who's at hcp 3.8; he was at +17 at this point and decided to go and play with 6 balls. This proceeded to f*ck up my mental game: played bogey, triple, double on the last three. I just lost it in my head, such a shame! Could have played a +8 or +9, but ended up at +13 :angry:

On this course my handicap (13.4) gives me 17 strokes from the back tees. Shame I didn't play qualifying, my handicap stays put where it is. Should've dropped 1.2 points, if I hadn't cr*pped up the last two I would've dropped to 11.2!

Ah well, life goes on. Played great, it's the last few holes I need to focus on as it seems I tend to mess up my game in the last few holes.

Last edited:
81 at Fossil Creek. Swing is really coming around and im likeing the counterbalanced SeeMore just messing with speed

Gave the wife 18 strokes and finished with a 79 to her 98 (win by 1).Didn't strike the driver particularly well though, so I'm pretty pleased to break 80.

39/38 today. Really crazy day with study this morning and a couple practice tests, my mind was not on golf. Played with my buddy Alan and a couple others, just a fun round on a damp course, darts all day!

Followed up yesterday's -1 68 with a +3 72 today. Got off to a very slow start on the front: bogey, bogey, bogey, par, bogey. Made the turn at +5 but birdied 10 and 11 and parred 12-18.

So I got out today and played with my dad and uncle and shot a 41 on the front 9 no doubles and 3 pars. Felt great then comes the back 9 I start double double double triple. Ugh so disappointing but it gets worse strong Storms roll in the area and we only get 15 holes in.

I felt so great out there during the front things were clicking and I just felt a confidence in my game that I have been waiting for then I can't even finish the round. Really sucks because I really feel it could have been one of my best rounds. Yeah the back 9 sucked but I didn't get the chance to improve it and that what was so frustrating.

I have to take what went so well today and build on it. All this with out an 8 iron also haha

I played the blues (a little over 6600 yards) at the Neuse Golf Club in Clayton, NC just southeast of Raleigh (really close to where I work) this evening. I hit the ball pretty solidly all round but really struggled with the putter on the front (19 putts). Ended up shooting a 5-over 77 (40-37). Handicap keeps falling, now under 8. Not sure if I like that or not ?

Played my regular course today. Coffee Creek Golf Club: Par 70, CR 72.1, Slope 125, 6614 yards from the tips. Out in 40, In in 41, so an 81. I really didn't feel like I played all that well, but it is the best score I've shot all year. My lag putting was really on today, which is probably what saved me. Had a couple of 15 footers I drained to save par and only one 3 put all day. Had some really really good drives, but some really bad ones as well. Just kind of a weird day. I didn't even realize where I was at to par until I was finished. The bummer is, I went bogey-bogey on 17 & 18 (stared both 9s bogey, double too). Had I made a couple of pars on any of those I would have broken 80 for the first time ever. Strange game.

Played Painted Hills. Shot a 75. 38/37 on a par 70.

Solid Taylor!

Nice round Taylor!

81 at Fossil Creek. Swing is really coming around and im likeing the counterbalanced SeeMore just messing with speed

81 is a great score at Fossil Creek! Played there a lot when we lived down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back