What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the elevation changes could have caused you to flatline twice. I actually felt like Rory with that 343 yard bomb of a drive. Shhhh don't tell them the entire hole was downhill.

He's not kidding folks. I have never seen so many holes where you had to add or subtract as many as 3 clubs for a shot as the Masterpiece has. It was crazy. Matt bombs the ball off the tee to begin with, so he could take full advantage of this.

I finally did it. It all came together today despite a nasty bogey on the first hole. Could only play 9 due to a scheduling conflict, but I count it! Shot a 3-under 34 for 9 holes today. Didn't get myself into trouble off the tee and man, MXM putter was lights out with only 11 putts (2 putts on the fringe and drained one for birdie). Had breaks go both ways that could have made my round even or even as low as 5 under, but not only breaking par for the first time, but blowing it out of the water was huge for me today. I just need to look for flat places to hit my ball!

Congrats on the great round Tyler! Having seen your swing on several occasions, I knew that it was only a matter of time until you had a real break out round. That's #TheGrandaddy level golf bro! Now, keep playing at that level. You can do it.

Today, my course hosted the Georgia Senior Ladies Amateur Championship. So, my normal Tuesday game wasn't possible (Our third nine was closed for aeration). :( It was fun watching some of them play. Those old gals have some game. They played from the Men's tees for the tournament.

Late afternoon, after the ladies were done, I did get out for nine holes. Shot a 40. Ball striking again was very good. I missed only one fairway, but that one cost me a double. Putting was again the problem. I didn't 3 jack any; just didn't make anything. The solution is obvious. I have not been to the range or putting green to practice since July 25th (The Morgan Cup). I've averaged only one round per week since as well. You just can't keep your short game sharp that way, especially when you're used to doing something game related every single day prior to that. Time to get back to work!

86 which im pretty pissed about at my Universities course. 5+ on the last three wholes... really screwed me. Rutgers course got the best of me around the greens. Drives were on point today, so theres one high note.

Today, my course hosted the Georgia Senior Ladies Amateur Championship. So, my normal Tuesday game wasn't possible (Our third nine was closed for aeration). :( It was fun watching some of them play. Those old gals have some game. They played from the Men's tees for the tournament.

Late afternoon, after the ladies were done, I did get out for nine holes. Shot a 40. Ball striking again was very good. I missed only one fairway, but that one cost me a double. Putting was again the problem. I didn't 3 jack any; just didn't make anything. The solution is obvious. I have not been to the range or putting green to practice since July 25th (The Morgan Cup). I've averaged only one round per week since as well. You just can't keep your short game sharp that way, especially when you're used to doing something game related every single day prior to that. Time to get back to work!

"Old Gals" Ken, you are much braver than I. (or you're hoping none of them see this) Glad things are going well.

Shot my career best -2 70 and won my match play against a guy who is a 1 handicap and shot -4 on the back. Luckily I shot -3 on the back! And won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out yesterday evening and walked 18. 40/40 for 80. ESC'd to a 79. Was playing very well on the front nine and was +1 through 8, when I had a stupid triple on the 9th hole. Limped home a bit with bogies on the last 4 holes. No birdies, 12 pars, 5 bogies and the 1 triple.

Was a decent round but dropped off a really low one so the index trend climbed a few points.

Shot my career best -2 70 and won my match play against a guy who is a 1 handicap and shot -4 on the back. Luckily I shot -3 on the back! And won.

Congrats on the win and the personal best!

Congrats on the win and the personal best!

Thank you man! I think it was a result of just supreme focus and really wanting to beat the guy I was playing. He's kind of a tool but he's good. He shot -4 on the back 9 and I shot -3 otherwise I lose that match!

Greens were punched and pretty sandy still, so putting suffered a bit. Missed fairways with the exception of 1 were just off in the first cut.
4341c3d6d5133c4dc8fb1cea185cc0a5.jpg

Knocked of another new course (Howick Golf Club), just under 50% of my way through playing all 403 golf courses in New Zealand (201 now) - a nice course set on a peninsular with water on 3 sides of the course, was a little on the cold side with the sea breeze blowing, some real tight holes and an unusual amount of par 3's, first time I have come across back to back par 3's - course only played as a 69, 2 great par 5's along the coastline for 16 and 18 (shame the wind wasn't in our favour) managed to scramble round in 78 - was a little frustrating to be playing as they were mowing the greens which led to us playing on 50% fresh mown and 50% un mown greens - doesn't really help the putting stats - but hey, still beats working

I shot a new personal best today. It's a 104, so nothing to get worked up about. It's also on an admittedly easy (for people that know what they're doing) course. It's the only course I've played, though, so I like it better than my previous best of 113. I feel like it was a combination of figuring some things out and just having a good day.

Dude, a personal best is ALWAYS awesome, no matter the number. Way to keep improving!

I shot a new personal best today. It's a 104, so nothing to get worked up about. It's also on an admittedly easy (for people that know what they're doing) course. It's the only course I've played, though, so I like it better than my previous best of 113. I feel like it was a combination of figuring some things out and just having a good day.

Nine strokes is huge dude well done

That is a big jump. Very nice. It's always great to hear about someone posting PB.

Thanks, guys. Encouraging words are always nice.

My game has been a train wreck the last month today no different shot an 89, I've developed a bad case of the hooks since my last lesson and can't get out of it. I warm up and start my round and everything is normal for about the first 5 holes, shots are straight to baby draw but as the round goes on everything goes further and further left by time I get to 18 I can hook a gap wedge 40 yards. Frustrating is a major understatement.

47 for 9 this afternoon. It didn't feel that bad but apparently it was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got out for 27 yesterday, nine hole executive then a full 18, went 41, 91. Not sure where my game went on the two mile drive between courses but the 91 was ugly. I did make a nice birdie putt in each round though.

34 in a 3 man scramble on league night.

+1....putted 3 times with my 4-iron :D

9y9aruqe.jpg

Our course is now rated for 9 holes for men, so we can hand in cards now for handicapping, just play 9 holes twice to add up for the 18 hole score. So tonight after work I went out for 9 holes with a mate. I played quite well and shot an even par 36, 1 birdie(just missed 15 foot putt by 4in, would have been my 1st eagle on our longest par 5 509yrds), 1 bogey and 7 pars. My mate shot a 42.

Right now, if i break 50 for 9 or 100 for 18, I am pretty happy.

Tuesday I played 18 at a course new to me, shot a 97.

Followed that up by playing 9 with some friends at my home course and shot a 44.

38/40-78. An 8 on the last hole killed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back