What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got back from a weekend outing at oglebay resort in WV. Played the Palmer Course on Friday - shot a 101 - my best round yet - had 6x 3 putts, and 4 penalty out of bound drives= killing me! My irons and chipping were solid - and i finished the back with 6 consecutives 5's. so that was a big moral boost.

turn for the worse on saturday - swing felt completely out of sync but 4-5 t-storms swept the area so play was broken up numerous times - shot a 108 on the trent jones championship course - what a course - would have been impossible to hold the fairways if it wasnt damp - they sloped so hard - greens were extremely tough too - large slopes and VERy slow. Great views and extremely friendly deer- could have fed them my snickers if i wanted too.

Thanks WR. It's not the first time I've went through this, I can remember playing like this when I was 12, lmao. When Liz tell's me it's bad, it's really bad, haha. who know's. I started taking a second shot after bad misses today, (only playing the first), and was throwing darts on the second shot every time. Must be mental. Of course, I told Liz it was all her fault!

Not sure that is the best strategy my friend!!!

Yesterday was fun, played with WR and dzd :clapp: at a local course near us, 9 hole par 31 and my first 9 I was 12 over :twist: But I can't even say how poorly I did on the replay :sad: But it was fun, hot, but fun :)

come to the next Outing Dent and try some new ones out then!
Shot a terrible 85. Nothing good to say, i've hit rock bottom with my irons.

Yesterday was fun, played with WR and dzd :clapp: at a local course near us, 9 hole par 31 and my first 9 I was 12 over :twist: But I can't even say how poorly I did on the replay :sad: But it was fun, hot, but fun :)

You just needed me to be your "aiming guide" the second round GC...LOL

A horrible 91. 48-43. Couldn't keep the ball in play on the front. All hooks. Took a double par on that hole and left, Then I did it again on the next hole and had a 6.
Started on Back
Hole Par Score
10: 4 5
11: 3 3
12: 4 8
13: 4 6
14: 5 6
15: 4 5
16: 5 6
17: 3 4
18: 4 6
Out 48
1 : 4 5
2 : 3 3
3: 4 5
4: 3 4
5: 4 4
6: 5 5
7: 4 5
8: 5 7
9: 4 5
In 43
Total 91

I played early this morning with a friend and we both played the first 9 so bad that we decided to do it over. I had a snowman on a par 3 today. UGHH!!! I shot a 51 the first time and a 43 the second time around.

108. I am new was shooting 130s a couple months ago, so getting better....

nice job Rip!

I played early this morning with a friend and we both played the first 9 so bad that we decided to do it over. I had a snowman on a par 3 today. UGHH!!! I shot a 51 the first time and a 43 the second time around.

I would just count the entire first 9 as a mulligan haha. Great second time around!!

108. I am new was shooting 130s a couple months ago, so getting better....

That's great! You are in the same club as many of us. We have a thread on here where a bunch of us are trying to break 100.

great progress Rip!

congrats ripper!

Played Saturday after 2 hrs of sleep on Friday night and shot 100 even. Played Sunday after a good night's rest and shot 81. I was so tired Saturday that I fell asleep in the cart a couple of times between holes.

Really had it going this morning. After dropping some folks off at the airport, I decided to play 18 at Cog Hill #3. I shot a 4-over 76. Really think I could have beat par. I had 3 birdies on the front-9, but also had a double bogey (water penalty) on a par 3 and a 3-putt on another hole. I also completely shanked an approach shot after the turn. Nonetheless, I am completely content with my game today.

84...9 pars, 1 birdie....my putting killed me so I got a few doubles :banghead:
but overall was happy

Broke 90 again! This time 85!

Olmos Basin Muni
69.3/125 6394 yds
I was 3 over through 7 when on the 8th par 4 hole, my approach shot hit the green then disappeared... My foursome looked up and down around the green for 5+ min. and couldn't find the ball. I ended up with a triple on that hole... So my score should've been an 83... but I guess there's always next time!

I plan on breaking 80 by mid/end of July.... I CAN DO THIS!

Olmos Basin Muni
69.3/125 6394 yds
I was 3 over through 7 when on the 8th par 4 hole, my approach shot hit the green then disappeared... My foursome looked up and down around the green for 5+ min. and couldn't find the ball. I ended up with a triple on that hole... So my score should've been an 83... but I guess there's always next time!

With that kindof confidence I believe in you! Just dont put to much pressure on yourself. A few years ago I broke 100 when I least expected it, so who knows how you'll break 80. I like to think I get repaid if something unlucky happens to me, so maybe since you lost that ball it will be good for you in the future, who knows :D

Played in our first Mens night, it was a "net Stableford" format, but we kept the real scores and I did ok. I shot 40 (+4), not too bad considering I had 2*3 putts, and 2 penalty shots. I ended up second on night in the Stableford system with 18 points.
Scores were [Par/Score (net score)] - 4/4(3) 3/4 5/5(4) 4/4 4/6 5/4(3) 3/4 4/5 4/4(3)

Olmos Basin Muni
69.3/125 6394 yds

That is awesome dtak! It definitely sounds like you are well on your way to breaking 80. I think your goal will be easily attained.

I played golf at Bali Hai with my good friend Dano this past weekend while we were in Vegas. It was a really fun time even though the beer cart didn't show up near enough. I played a great front 9 in 38 and the wheels started to wobble some on the back but turned in a 43 for a total of 81. Not a bad score for that course in 105 degree temps. It was sure a lot of fun, we laughed a lot!

great round P4B!

Played really well (for me) today and shot an 82 (39,43). I had 15 putts (1-3 putt) on the front but 20 (3-3 putts) on the back. I three putted the last two par 5's for bogies which really stinks after playing so good all day. Oh well...I still felt like I played some great golf today. I have learned the distances with my new irons now which is making me hit better approach shots to the green. I can't tell you how much I love those Ping G15 irons!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back