What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I will. On the bright side I made $12 on skins, lmao. The holes I won were pushed, so I kept picking up carryover money and two guy's who joined us were having a worst day, lol. I know I shouldn't laugh, but what else can you do?

Ain't that the way - I shot 70, my lowest in around 2 years, and lost $6 in my 10 person Big Game. Go figure...

Ain't that the way - I shot 70, my lowest in around 2 years, and lost $6 in my 10 person Big Game. Go figure...

I laughed last night when I was disapointed at only winning one dollar on a scratch off and thought about how excited I get every time I when a 2 dollar hole, haha.

Played the brand new Nickent 4DX CB's
Thin topline (for a GI)..Nice offset....
Played at the local muni...... 6300, 121, 70.4
F9 - 35 (best 9 ever)
B9 - 40
Tot - 75 (beat my best score by 3)
Putts - 14/14, second best ever (no 3 putts)

I only hit 5 fairways as I was trying out my R9 460 after adding some weight to the head...still need some work here
My goal is always to have no DB's or 3 putts...I had one DB and zero 3-putts

Going to have to get some more data points on the 4DX's to see if they are a challenge for the Lie adjusted G5's...
Time will tell..

bama

Shot a 92 today. Seems like I am getting worse! I had 37 putts today. That's the worse part of my game. LOVED the new Ping irons! It will take me a while to get used to the distance but I hit some really high and soft shots into the greens with them. I am pulling my driver sometimes again...must work that out on the range. On a good note, my last shot was a chip in from about 40 feet. Nice way to finish!!!

Great way to finish a round!! :clapp: It sounds like you are really working your new irons good and I am sure yo uwill get your driver figured out. With how i played today, it sounds lkie you and I both need to spend time on the chipping and putting green.

Had a good round going today. Shot a 78. 44% GIRs; 29% fairways; 32 putts.

shot 22 over... buahaha... the wind was ridiculous...
one drive looked like it was actually going backwards and barely cleared the ladies tees...
one teebox the wind was clearly coming from the left side... but the flag was waving to the right...
another drive i told my buddy and his gf that i was going for the green... cuz the wind was howling straight from the teebox to the green... as soon as i started my downswing... the wind died... ball splashed 10yrds shy of the bank...
i hit a crapload of fw's but getting greens was just a freaking luck fest... i flew 4 greens going right at the flag... shorted way too many to count and it was impossible to work the ball

78 in the AM. 85 in the PM. Was +11 on the front this afternoon. Thought I was in trouble in my match. +2 on the back to win by a stroke.

I went out today with dzdncnfsd, Golf Chick ( who looked fabulous of course) and her boyfriend and we play a local 9 hole par 31 golf course. Actually we wound up playing it twice and I shot a 39 on the first go around and a 36 on the second. I am very excited (see :blob: ) becuase I have played this course a few times and have never broken 40 and today I did it twice. Is it possible this silly game is finally coming together??? I will know next weekend as I am planning on playing a very challenging course with some friends.

Note: For C-tech, dzdncsd and Golf Chick, I am going back to "the hill" to try to tackle Industry Hills again. That was the course we played the Friday of the Calif. outing. Wish me luck!!

good stuff rhino! good luck tackling the hill!

That's cool. I didn't realize that you and Golf Chick lived close enough to each other to play. Did you meet on THP or did you already know her? I bet that was fun! Congrats on breaking your record!

I went out today with dzdncnfsd, Golf Chick ( who looked fabulous of course) and her boyfriend and we play a local 9 hole par 31 golf course. Actually we wound up playing it twice and I shot a 39 on the first go around and a 36 on the second. I am very excited (see :blob: ) becuase I have played this course a few times and have never broken 40 and today I did it twice. Is it possible this silly game is finally coming together??? I will know next weekend as I am planning on playing a very challenging course with some friends.

Note: For C-tech, dzdncsd and Golf Chick, I am going back to "the hill" to try to tackle Industry Hills again. That was the course we played the Friday of the Calif. outing. Wish me luck!!

good stuff rhino! good luck tackling the hill!

If ever you make it out here TC that is one of the courses I am taking you to. There are two up there one (Ike) is long demanding, other (Babe) is tight and requires good shot making. It is the NGOCA ( National Golf Cource Owners Association)course of the year for 2010!!

First round in a couple of weeks (other than a 4 man scramble tourney last week)...

Managed an 86. The kicker is that on #1 I went TRIPLE and on #10 I went DOUBLE!!! I will break 80 this year, I will. If I can avoid the blow ups it is certainly, IMO, within my grasp...which is not bad for only playing more than once a year starting last year. I'll get there.

shot 22 over... buahaha... the wind was ridiculous...

oh yeah... i coulda broke 90 if it wasnt for a stupid bunker i couldnt get out of... i really need to spend alot of time in a practice bunker

If ever you make it out here TC that is one of the courses I am taking you to. There are two up there one (Ike) is long demanding, other (Babe) is tight and requires good shot making. It is the NGOCA ( National Golf Cource Owners Association)course of the year for 2010!!

LA's not very inticing to me rhino! been there once, that was plenty.

Very nice! I played Ike a few months ago when I went to Cal. That is easily the most aesthetically pleasing course I've played (out of my short one year of playing golf!). My dad and I both really want to go back to Cal JUST to play that course! Have fun!

85, which usually is a disappointment...but played toughest course in the area from the tips which is 7,000yds, plus it was wet(played 7,300ish) so not tooooooooooooo bad

92 today. I want my money back for all the new equipment I've bought over the last 2 years, lol. Just kidding, but I am in a serious slump. Took Liz out with me and by the end of the second hole she say's WTH is up? This just isn't you and I'm like tell me about it, haha. Started out on the back 9 first with 6, 7, 7? 22 putts on the first 9 holes? This has been the 2 weeks from hell, but I know it's there to turn back around. I started the year under 13 handi and may be 20 or so now!

I will say that I have not shot the same course twice in a row this year. That's my "Get good or get out" clause! But this is ridiculous.

Sorry you are having such difficulties Duey. Maybe you are trying to hard. I know I was in the beginning of the year, now I am just relaxing and "letting the game come to me" and I am doing much better. I know you will pull out of this, you are that good. Hey if not, I got first dibs on the new equipment ok? :smile-big:

Sorry you are having such difficulties Duey. Maybe you are trying to hard. I know I was in the beginning of the year, now I am just relaxing and "letting the game come to me" and I am doing much better. I know you will pull out of this, you are that good. Hey if not, I got first dibs on the new equipment ok? :smile-big:

Thanks WR. It's not the first time I've went through this, I can remember playing like this when I was 12, lmao. When Liz tell's me it's bad, it's really bad, haha. who know's. I started taking a second shot after bad misses today, (only playing the first), and was throwing darts on the second shot every time. Must be mental. Of course, I told Liz it was all her fault!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back