What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched a little Golf Channel then played 18 today. Shot pretty good for me, so it was a great day on the course.

Watched a little Golf Channel then played 18 today. Shot pretty good for me, so it was a great day on the course.

Sounds like a great way to start the week. :act-up:

I am tired of hooking the ball so I changed my grip to be more in the palm of my left hand and the fingers of my right. I hit balls into a net for three hours yesterday to make it feel more natural.

100 ball range session. Most of it was within acceptable limits :act-up:. Last few drives were not, but I am going to chalk it up to a little fatigue. Hoping to play on Thursday.

Stopped by Edwin Watts and Dick's Sporting goods, wanting to hit 2 fairway woods on a monitor to make my final pick of a new one. Need to see the numbers before making my final decision before the purchase. Neither store in Macon had the Wilson Fybird RS and will not be getting one either. Looks like a road trip to Atlanta is in the near future.

Played 9.....could have been better.

Short game and putting clinic sponsored by my league.

Told us stuff I already knew for the most part about short flop shots and getting out of the sand. Lots of talk and not a lot of time for us to hit balls but I guess that's what you get when there's only an hour for the clinic and there are ~40 people there.

They did compliment me on my putting stroke, however.

Ken

I am headed to my Golf Tec iron fitting tomorrow. I am really stoked about it and can't wait to see what clubs are recommended. I am going in there with an open mind and want a professional to give me his opinion on what clubs could take me to the next level.

Cleaning clubs and fixing a stupid skymark/sharpie transfer on the top of a white crown, this sucks. . .

Inspired by the gentleman from England who posted the video of his swing I've been doing drills to firm up my takeaway.

Got some range time in after work, long overdue. Haven't swung a club in over a week and felt it today.

Did some THPing and am now starting to jot notes down on possible testing ideas for the KBS 90 shafts.

Hit the range. Had about 150 balls. Worked mainly on my mid irons and wedge shots.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

I went to Golfsmith and rolled a lot of putters for like 2 hours.

Range day, then pitch & putt.
I'll give it an OK, though I'm in a quandary...

Why can I hit my FW off the mats and not off the ground? It's weird...

regripped my new shafts..... attempted to reshaft my R11s but stopped half way through my first one. didn't seem right so i will be taking it to someone tomorrow hopefully.

I guess this is the last place I can really post this in.

Had a personal best nine holes (38) and a personal best 18 holes (82) today! Beat both previous bests by one shot.

Finished some paint fill and took the new wrenches to the range. Another windy day, but really liking the new combo! Hit the green for some distance adjustment with the new putter setup and putting tips, even better!

Had another lesson tonight. This was lesson 4 of the 5 lesson package, and it was focused on driver/fairway wood and hitting tee shots with them.

After the woeful round of golf I played Sunday, I figured I'd be in need of some extra 1 on 1 coaching tonight, but dang, I was was hitting some nice shots tonight! Gary (the instructor) looked at me after hitting a loooooong, straight 3W and said with a big smile on his face "I think you're going to like this game!"

It happens this way every week - my swing looks good, he tells me I'm doing great, maybe suggests one thing to work on, and moves on to another student. Then I'll hit a few more great looking shots, and Gary will give me a thumbs up. Then I'll go to the range the next day and.....train wreck!!!!

This is going to have to change at some point. I'm going to have to figure out how to strike the ball well when I'm not on the range with my instructor.

Drills and practice balls in the yard tonight. I hit a swing groove tonight like I've never felt before. Nice and effortless, easy tempo. I'm planning to spend my lunch break at the range tomorrow to see if I can hit the same groove again.

Went to work with the new irons again today, yet another great interaction with them. I worked on slower swings and was hoping the shafts would work with it...indeed they do. Can't say enough good things about this combo. Driver performed great as well and went to work at the short game. The wedges I use are new to me as well, but they have performed really well from day one. Practiced on some chip, lob, sand and 3/4 swings today and was very pleased. Actually holed one from 30 yards out, hit about 6 feet from the pin and bounced twice and rolled right in with my 60*. Was practicing on the other side with my 56* and hit the stick, but it didn't go in. Was very happy over all, and yes...I skulled a few and some went no more than 12 yards from me. Hit the putting green for about 45 minutes and things are working out extremely well for me there too. So far so good... :peace2:

EDIT:

:eek:fftopic:As I was leaving the chipping green and walking back to my truck, I had to pass the driving range. I made it all the way to the last guy who had just brought a few irons and fairway woods with him. As I was walking behind him, stealth like mind you, I heard this god aweful metal on metal noise and tumbling affect of iron shafts hitting the ground. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw this range ball shoot sideways down the range tee boxes. I turned to see this guy picking up the metal bag holder and his clubs. Apparently he was too close to the bag holder and hit it on his downswing, wanted to laugh out loud, but just kept walking....

I spent a few hours at the range, most of it on the putting green.

Went to change my putter grip to medium size orange/white grip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back