What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
played 14 and went to GG.

THP and The Golf Channel, that was about it.

Played 18 with a great group of THPers! It was one of the best times I've had on the course.

Just finished playing 9 holes prior to long day in the office

bought and added driver shaft and wood shaft.

XCaliber 6+ Stiff for the driver
XCaliber FW Stiff for the 4 wood.

Feels mighty NICE!!!

calling to see if I can get in for a lesson tonight and get these irons straightened out

calling to see if I can get in for a lesson tonight and get these irons straightened out

I need to do the same thing with my driver. Again.

Dropped my CG Black to be reshafted. Once I get my swing figured out I think that the Black/PX Black combo could be interesting.

I'd played a decent round on Friday that had some excellent ball striking. So yesterday I went out to the range to try and commit some of those good swings to muscle memory. Chipped, putted and hit a medium bucket. Feeling really happy with my ball striking still and was having fun hitting controlled draws and fades. My long irons have been giving me grief and I made a slight ball position tweak and fixed that right up.

Watched first round coverage of the MC.

Watched all of the Morgan cup first round and now I'm going to play an all iron round at a par 3/4 12 hole course. Work on my distance and accuracy.

Watched round 1 of the MC coverage and about to go ship 3 packages to fellow THP'ers.

Watched round 1 of the MC coverage and about to go ship 3 packages to fellow THP'ers.

ooo sweet can't wait to try out your Bettinardi.... thanks Cookie!

ooo sweet can't wait to try out your Bettinardi.... thanks Cookie!

Ha, you will have to wait until the 2013 outing for that. Packages today sent to Florida, Iowa, and Nebraska only buddy!!

Ha, you will have to wait until the 2013 outing for that. Packages today sent to Florida, Iowa, and Nebraska only buddy!!

i'd move to one of the 3 for another Betti! lol

Staff golf tournament at my employer. 4 man scramble format at our wickedly tough course.

We didn't do so well because nobody in my group was making those critical 8-10 foot putts but it sure beat spending the day at work.

Ken

Watched MC coverage and played 18.

1. watched round 1 of MC

2. Went and got a lesson, it was great, 2 hours, last 30 minutes was hitting balls in the dark. Focused originally on getting away from the ball at address as I was way too close according to instructor. Then he proceeded to change my grip to a strong grip, took some getting used to but man the contact afterwards was amazing. Forgot what it felt like to hit a ball above the bottom 2 grooves. Hoping it translates to course today.

3. Signed my 6 year old girl up for Junior Golf lessons on Thursdays, now gotta find her some clubs

1. watched round 1 of MC

2. Went and got a lesson, it was great, 2 hours, last 30 minutes was hitting balls in the dark. Focused originally on getting away from the ball at address as I was way too close according to instructor. Then he proceeded to change my grip to a strong grip, took some getting used to but man the contact afterwards was amazing. Forgot what it felt like to hit a ball above the bottom 2 grooves. Hoping it translates to course today.

3. Signed my 6 year old girl up for Junior Golf lessons on Thursdays, now gotta find her some clubs

she'll be smoking her drives past yours in no time buddy!!!! seriously thats pretty awesome should be fun to watch.

she'll be smoking her drives past yours in no time buddy!!!! seriously thats pretty awesome should be fun to watch.

yeah its weekly on thursday, small group of kids, $6 for an hour just working on fundamentals, you cant beat that. Hopefully she is half as excited as I am lol

Cleaned and shined my clubs early this morning. Playing my final 18 in Omaha on Wednesday, before our move to NC.

Tap tap taparoo

I spent a couple of hours on the practice green working on pitching, chipping and putting. Some adjustments to the putting set up and stroke showed signs of paying dividends. The other stuff was ugly, which is just stupid because I know how to do it but am not executing. Substantial more practice time is required.

Today I will be playing or practicing later today, and earlier in the morning I made my 34" Cleveland Classic #1 a 36" putter with a winn lite midsize grip and I think I love it.

Today I will be playing or practicing later today, and earlier in the morning I made my 34" Cleveland Classic #1 a 36" putter with a winn lite midsize grip and I think I love it.

I think you are gonna love the 36". Looking forward to your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back