What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 18 after work, then cleaned up the clubs for tomorrows round. Adjusted the driver and 3W up 1/2 degree and got good results.

Last edited:
Went to the range.

18 with my bro, ArmyGolf and TMgulby up at Northview G&CC

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Cleaned up and switched to an oooooold Ping L8 bag. We'll see how long it stays. But I like the smallness :)

aba418a7a120033def1ef4c22d347cda.jpg

Cleaned the clubs and removed all the 2012 B330-RX golf balls (about 2 dozen) from my bag. They're looking for a new home if anyone is interested!

Cleaned the clubs and removed all the 2012 B330-RX golf balls (about 2 dozen) from my bag. They're looking for a new home if anyone is interested!
Looking to sell or trade?

Cleaned up and switched to an oooooold Ping L8 bag. We'll see how long it stays. But I like the smallness :)

aba418a7a120033def1ef4c22d347cda.jpg

Like you're thinking Derek. I'll be doing the same thing this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday evening, spent a couple of hours at the dome with my daughter. I was working, again, on chipping and pitching - need these two, especially greenside chipping, to improve in 2016. Also spent some iron partial and full swing time, working on allowing myself to fully release the club through impact. Also, finally had some time with the Cobra King LTD, and it left me wanting to spend even more time hitting it.

Most importantly, though, I enjoyed watching my daughter hit golf balls. She's a perfectionist, so that doesn't work too well with her current golf swing. LOL But, when she isn't afraid to swing away, she hits some pretty good shots, and seeing that smile after the ball flies into the air makes me happy, and also encourages me. Don't get down - it's those solid swings that keep me coming back.

Went to the heated range to hit a large bucket to try to knock some rust off and get ready for the season early...it was ugly, as expected. I have only played ~2 rounds/year the past 2 seasons...and before that, sans 1 year where I played a good bit, I went about 6 years of not playing more than once or twice a year too...all of that after getting to scratch it in my late teens/early 20's. I burnt myself out pretty much. Hoping that I can learn to just have fun playing golf casually rather than only being able to enjoy my time on the course when I am playing well, it's tough for me to change my mindset no matter how hard I try. My new Director is an ex-college player and our CEO plays to a 6, so I've gotta make sure I can hold on own come golf season this year, but I need to balance that with making sure I have fun.

Played 18 with my Dad.

First round of the year for me today. Cold and very wet. Managed to break 90 which was ok I guess with most balls plugged, no roll out and being so wet.

Played 18 and worked on clearing the left side with my coach

Cleaning the man/golf cave.

Tipping some driver shafts.

Working on re-attaining my coil and properly starting the downswing.

18 with a THP'er.

Practicing putting indoors. Weather pretty bad here, just watch the Farmers.

Windy as crap here, can't imagine how it was there.

Definitely a gusty morning....solid 10-15 most of the round. Tree lined course so got some protection at times.

Definitely a gusty morning....solid 10-15 most of the round. Tree lined course so got some protection at times.

At least there was some protection out there from the winds.

At least there was some protection out there from the winds.

Yep, definitely worse last weekend when Jman was here....stayed above 20 all day - probably similar to what you guys are seeing today.

Yep, definitely worse last weekend when Jman was here....stayed above 20 all day - probably similar to what you guys are seeing today.

Low 50s when we teed off with 10-15mph winds.

stopped by the range before heading into work. continuing to work on consistency with mid-irons (8i this time), making a full(er) turn and trying to get my butt to wipe the chalk off the chalkboard (ie minimize early extension and stay down through impact). then the same with driver. had some pretty good stuff out there today. but the real work needs to be around the green, i just don't know what i'm doing wrong and how to fix it.

Went to PGASS and picked up a set of US Kids Golf clubs and one of their yard clubs for my 5 yr old. Also bought another pair of footjoy hyperflexes and a putter head cover.

Hit a large bucket of range balls 43* today.
getting the itch.

THP'd and read up on golf GPS units. Also considered putting the Tour X up for sale to fund a potential switch to a GPS...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back