Where do you line up or tee it up?

Do you play toward or away from trouble?

Do you play toward or away from trouble?

If you have trouble left, do you aim right and draw it back toward the trouble or do you aim left and fade it away from the trouble?

Ive always been taught to play away from trouble.

If you have trouble left, do you aim right and draw it back toward the trouble or do you aim left and fade it away from the trouble?

Fade it. Always fade it.

Fade it. Always fade it.

Haha, I honestly miss that. Now I never know if I'm going to have a draw or a fade when I show up to the course. It really is scary on the 1st tee.

For me its usually middle or right side of the box, it really depends what the hole looks like. I rarely tee it up on the left side unless I have an iron in my hand.

Depends on how the shot is going on that day! Ha!

Same here, I was taught to tee up on the same side as the trouble so I won't accidentally aim at it, and to not rely on my natural draw flight to steer me away from trouble

I guess it'd help to know I'm right handed for this discussion. Before I got the B. Asha in my driver I'd always play a fade and I'd always go to the left side of the tee box. I like to draw my irons so on par 3's I'll go to the far right side of the tee box.

I always tee up more at the right side as a right handed golfer. just feel way more comfortable that way.

I just try and find a nice flat spot on tee box.

Just give it alittle Tapatalk

I do believe in the left side of box when playing a draw and right side of box when playing fade.

Nicklaus taught this in his "Golf My Way" series so that's why I do it.

I predominantly tee up on the right side, aim straight down the right edge and let it draw (or push hook) it's way back into the middle.

I play a fade so I tee it up on the right side and aim down the left side of the fairway.

I do believe in the left side of box when playing a draw and right side of box when playing fade.

Nicklaus taught this in his "Golf My Way" series so that's why I do it.

I play a fade so I tee it up on the right side and aim down the left side of the fairway.

yes this is the way that I was taught too.

Do you believe it's the left side for a draw and right side for the fade?

This.

We typically have pine trees along either side of the fairway, and this at least makes me think I have more room to work with.

Left side of the box if I'm hitting a draw, Right if I'm hitting a fade. But I also will mix that around as well. There is a hole at one course I play that the right side of the tee box lines up with the left side of the fairway, so I will use the right side of the tee box on that hole. So the course layout also dictates to a certain point how I play off the tee.

As far as the trouble questions.. I aim away from it and will play the ball back towards it. I never want to aim at it, with the intent of shapping a shot. If you try to shape it and no shapping happens your dead. I would rather aim away from it, get no shapping, and still be in the hole.

For me it depends on if there is trouble to either side first. I usually tee it up on the left side (I'm right handed), but with trouble right, I might move more to the center and take a miss left if it's just going to be in the rough. I tend to have a pull hook most times, but can surely miss right on occasion. If it's just rough on the right, I'll definitely tee it up way left, and aim right.

I tee it up to give myself the most room for a miss. I normally play a draw so I will usually tee up on the left side of the tee box and aim for the right to right center of the fairway. Of course this is ideal where there is no trouble, so depending on the situation I adjust accordingly.

I have always played away from trouble as well. I will usually aim just inside of it and draw the ball of off it.

Conventional teaching woul say left side of tee box for a draw and right side for a fade. The thinking is that it will open the hole up more. If you try to play a draw from the right side it brings more trouble into play as the ball has to travel right then left to find its intended target.

But this is a rule of thumb, som course will dictate the opposite. But if you move the ball off the tee, picking the proper side can be the difference between a good score and a 'I should have played that hole differently' thought process as you walk to the cart.

This does make sense. I guess I just line up on the right side and play my draw starting on the right edge - unless I can't. Sometimes I take it a little too far out on the right side before it comes back, but not that often. I feel setting up on the right side gives me room to miss if I hook the bejeebus out of it. Also, I tend to exaggerate my stance open or closed if I'm aiming from the opposite side like that. It's all mental, but it's definitely there.

I try to find a flat spot that I feel comfortable in. I don't work the ball a great amount so it's all about feel and confidence.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

I get into a laxed address position and move around the tee until I find a flat area that feels comfortable and looks best to me. Once I find somewhere, I always tap the ground where I intend to put the tee in to make sure it feels right (more habit than anything). Then I stick the peg in there, back off into my pre-shot, and execute.

I generally just try to find the flattest spot I can. That said, if given the option, I usually go to the right side of the tee box since I tend to fade the ball.

I try and hit it straight but my miss like most is a fade so I finding the flattest spot towards the right I can find. I will usually go back a club length because they tend to have concentrated tee box damage on my course so you are better off back a little.

yes this is the way that I was taught too.

You know, I never even thought about it until I read a book in which Hogan was talking about it. I figured I should listen to him!

I stand about 8 feet behind the tee markers and where ever fits my eye and is flat is where I place my tee. I don't much concern myself with being on the left or right I just want to be comfortable.

Not an issue to me either, just find a fresh spot to lay it down. Unless there is an issue down line, I go away from where everyone else placed it down. I like the freshness of unmarked territory.

LtEvO TaPpEd In

Back