Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 Irons Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP review of the Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 Irons. You can find it on our home page here.

http://bit.ly/TyXvGb

Great review, Wilson is really bringing it lately and I am glad to see them becoming more and more of a player in a market they once dominated. The irons sound like they should be on the radar on many folks looking for a new set.

So good seeing Wilson bring out some truly nice gear. I really wish they were readily available to try here in New Zealand.

Excellent review James. I loved these irons at the demo day I tried them at. Had I not been comparing them to the irons I'm gaming now, which I'd say they are very similar too, I may have walked out with them. Fantastic feel, love love love the finish on these, and I saw great distance. These are winners.

Great write-up. I love the more traditional loft and the PW playing at 48*. That allows for more a bag set up that I prefer--with a gap or SW and LW. Sounds like Wilson has another solid product on their hands.

Nice write up James. I see Wilson is continuing to impress.

JM

Nice write-up. Clubs look very nice. The more "traditional" lofts is an interesting feature - would potentially lead to some reconsideration of wedge setups in my bag, given the lofts. Description of the sound at impact certainly has me curious about that characteristic.

Good stuff, as usual.
Excellent review James. I loved these irons at the demo day I tried them at. Had I not been comparing them to the irons I'm gaming now, which I'd say they are very similar too, I may have walked out with them. Fantastic feel, love love love the finish on these, and I saw great distance. These are winners.
I agree, pluff. I ended up hitting every iron in the bag, I think, with different shafts, too (the guy had about a dozen). I DID tell the guy, if I didn't already get great joy from my Apex irons, I WOULD have ordered some (with CTL shafts).

Great review James, a few things stand out.

1. The irons themselves with the black look AWESOME.
2. I love the 48* PW, just simplifies things for those that go 52/56/50 with wedges.
3. Love that they went more GI-ish with this offering.

Nice work, James.

These irons are intriguing to me. I'm not the biggest fan of the black iron finish. But, Wilson has made some really nice irons, and last year's Tour FG were probably my favorite irons. I need to try these.

Wonderful writeup, James. Wilson Staff has really made an incredible lineup for 2014 and these are some of the sexiest irons I've ever seen. A "players" iron look with the forgiveness and price point of a GI iron = a must hit for me.

I would like to see how the black finish holds up over a few rounds. A buddy of mine has the RAZR Black irons and they started showing wear pretty quickly, if I recall. Looks good though.

Nice work James. Had a chance to take a few swings with these at a demo day this weekend. Hit the 6i with the Phenom shaft. Buttery smooth. I was surprised at how easy it was to hit, and how great it felt. Seemed like normal distance to what I'm used to, and a nice trajectory out of the 6.

The guy running the Wilson booth said they're seeing a lot more forged iron players going with graphite. That was the first time I hit graphite in years, and they felt great. Definitely something to look into for future purchases.

Great review. I haven't had a chance to hit these, but I definitely want to check them out.

I think the more that HIT these, the more that will be a bit surprised by them. I know that was def the case last weekend in Indy on the range.

Have a friend on staff with Wilson and playing these. I was very impressed with both the feel and the overall distance on these even with traditional lofts

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Nice review, and nice irons. Man, every time I see another review I think to myself "I would love to game those." I've now said that so many times, I have no idea what my next set of irons is going to be!

Hey Jman great review on the irons. I just started golfinglast year. The irons that I’m gaming right now are Tommy Amour 845s Silver Scotsthat I got from my farther in-law. I’m looking for an iron that has a littlemore forgiveness. Are the m3s irons an improvement over the 845s or should I belooking for more of a GI iron.

Hey Jman great review on the irons. I just started golfinglast year. The irons that I’m gaming right now are Tommy Amour 845s Silver Scotsthat I got from my farther in-law. I’m looking for an iron that has a littlemore forgiveness. Are the m3s irons an improvement over the 845s or should I belooking for more of a GI iron.

Tech has come a way since the 845's for sure, those are some awesome irons though. I think you'd see some differences in the launch you get out of a set like the M3's compared to them for sure and that would for most mean more distance as well. In the end though its going to depend a lot on what you're looking for, I'm one who always leans with more forgiveness nowadays myself, so if you can go true GI route and enjoy the looks etc, I would go hit some of the offerings out there, I will say though the M3's pack a lot of fun into their package and I think a lot of golfers could/would enjoy them a lot.

Thank you so much for the kind words as well.

Nice review, and nice irons. Man, every time I see another review I think to myself "I would love to game those." I've now said that so many times, I have no idea what my next set of irons is going to be!

If you can find them somewhere, go hit them, never hurts to try!

i hit these in indy ...they were a little light for what i like and are used to. i love the look of them but the weight was throwing me off.

Beautiful clubs especially from the top side, well done dude!

Very nice review James. These look beautiful and arm like a lot of fun to hit

Great work on this one Mr Miles! I would love to give them a few swings one of these days for sure. Love that they've incorporated things I need with things I like.

Thanks guys, it was a fun one to review for sure.

Hawk, you'd enjoy them a good bit IMO.

Back