Wooden tees or plastic?

I just stick with the traditional wood tee. I however never use a tee on par 3's. I know, I know, the say tee it up when ever you can, but I just feel the shot like its in the fairway 150 out and hit it like that.

i do this sometimes also, i practice hitting off the ground with irons alot more than i do hitting them off a tee so why not.

I always used wood, but switched to plastic last year. They are advertised as unbreakable for 1,000+ shots and I doubted it. Picked up a pack of 10 ($7) at the beginning of last year and I am still using them. Have 3 left (because I lost the others) and saved money on tees despite the outrageous price tag. They are unreal on the range, esp. when testing out a new driver. Hitting 100+ balls with one tee during a range session is a great feeling!

I use 3.25" wooden tees for driver and broken tees of any material that I can find for hybrids/irons. There isn't some philosophical reason for this. They're just cheaper :moneymouth:

I use all three, Brush Tee for the driver especially on the range, a plastic 4 yards longer Tee sometimes and wood on iron T shots.

plastic now, still got a few wood ones left in the bag though

Epoch tees for all driver shots. Broken wood tee for irons or FW woods/hybrids off tee.

Its funny. I had an earlier post from back in Feburary (its on the top of this page) where I said WOOD ONLY. One of the great reasons I like wood tees is I use the borken ones for the short irons and I use the broken tip to clean out the grooves.

My buddy gave me a plastic tee though, and I 've used it for 2 straight rounds now. Usually at the end of a round I throw all the broken tees in my pocket away. Now I've only had 1 tee in my pocket at the end of each round.

Epoch tees for all shots.
Love the little ones for par 3's. Have managed to break just one in the past 3 months.

Epoch tees for all driver shots. Broken wood tee for irons or FW woods/hybrids off tee.

I last posted here the same day the thread was started. But now my answer is same as mcook's!

Wooden tees. 2.75". I guess they're cheaper, but I haven't bought any in quite a while since my primary course provides 6-7 tees with the cart. I usually only snap 1 or 2. Plus I'm a scavenger on par 3s (really any hole) as well!

I only use non-colored wooden tees for everything. Thinking about getting some of the THP epoch tees in when they are back in stock. (dont want the combo pack)

Non-colored wood tees, won't use anything else. OCD I guess.

Plastic tees all the way. I'll play the same plastic tee for months.

i don't mess around with all that.
i just use white wooden tees.

I don't have a preference. hate the wood tees that break after one shot though

I only use THP tees now.......

The Epoch with the THP logo and the short one's for less than driver shots. I used one each for an entire round Saturday and it's still in great shape.

Even handed a few out.

like alot of the others, wood for irons fairway woods and hybrids...plastic for the Driver.

I like my brush tee, but majority of the time it is a wooden tee.

Wood is Good.

I use wooden ones I tend to have some issues with the plastic ones, could be all mental but it works for me.

Plastic for driver and wood for irons, 3w,5w and hybrid tee shots.

Wooden tees for me,i tried the plastic ones but the ground gets so hard here in the summer they would bend while i tried to get them in the ground. Now i just buy a $1 bag of tees in the pro shop each time before my round,its kind of a tradition now,(not that i am superstitious at all,LOL).

Back