Wow, is the Superfast 2.0 FAST!

MattyGazoo1

Reaction score
Handicap
Today, after Dicks Sporting Goods would only give me $1 for my driver on a trade in, I was looking for a new driver. Interested in the Superfast 2.0 I gave it a try. With a demo 10.5 degree R flex I was hitting them good. Then the sales associate asked me to try a stiff shaft. I look up and see my swing speed as 98 mph! I never swung a driver past 90 mph, so it must be true about this club. After hitting more balls with a 9.5 Stiff, I am lined up to get one Monday night. :)

Today, after Dicks Sporting Goods would only give me $1 for my driver on a trade in, I was looking for a new driver. Interested in the Superfast 2.0 I gave it a try. With a demo 10.5 degree R flex I was hitting them good. Then the sales associate asked me to try a stiff shaft. I look up and see my swing speed as 98 mph! I never swung a driver past 90 mph, so it must be true about this club. After hitting more balls with a 9.5 Stiff, I am lined up to get one Monday night. :)

Nice man, that should equal a pretty nice distance increase for ya.

How was the accuracy with the stiff flex?

Ya, its a little further than my Diablo. And the accuracy was pretty good, better dispersion than my current driver. It was easier to hit than I thought it would be, especially the 9.5

Good Luck with your new driver! That's a great swing speed increase. As above, I hope the accuracy is also there.

That is a fantastic SS increase, did you hit your old driver on the same monitor that day? I suspect that it too would register over 90 MPH, just not as fast as the SF. I thnk you will love the TaylorMade.

Nice speed increase. Should work put well for you. A lot of people love that driver.

Don't forget to try the 3w as well. I struggled with both for a while until someone mention how you have to really smooooth the swing and it made all the difference. I was hitting my 2.0 3w yesterday farther off the deck than my Williams driver off a tee, lol.

I think what's most shocking about your OP is that they were only going to give you $1 for your driver. WTC is that all about?

I think what's most shocking about your OP is that they were only going to give you $1 for your driver. WTC is that all about?

Dicks Trade in prices suck. Half the time they go off 3 balls half the time its the PGA value and sometimes they just make stuff up. I hate dealing with Golf Discount but they always give me amazing money for my trade ins.

I am loving my SuperFast 2.0. I gained about 5 mph head speed as well coming from the R7. When I first got it I would slice it crazy! I was about to give up on it then I got some advice from a fellow THPer (coolbreeze). He told me to slow my back swing down then just power thru. So now the first few holes of a round it fades on me just a bit but manageable. But after I get "Warmed Up" I just seem to hit it pretty straight. When I start getting cocky then it's a pull left lately... LOL The reason I mention this is once out on the course and you see actual ball flight. You might experience the same things as I and a few others have. Don't fret, stick with it. You will figure it out.

I can't believe your trade in was $1. What did you have a club wittled out of mamboo? Heck that would even draw more than $1.

Dicks Trade in prices suck. Half the time they go off 3 balls half the time its the PGA value and sometimes they just make stuff up. I hate dealing with Golf Discount but they always give me amazing money for my trade ins.

I traded my old Nike Str8fit Driver in to Dick's when the Machspeed's first came out and the sales associate gave me $199 for my driver, lol. I think I paid $125 for it. He swore it was the Machspeed driver and he couldn't figure out how I got one before they had them in stock. I didn't say a word.

I traded my old Nike Str8fit Driver in to Dick's when the Machspeed's first came out and the sales associate gave me $199 for my driver, lol. I think I paid $125 for it. He swore it was the Machspeed driver and he couldn't figure out how I got one before they had them in stock. I didn't say a word.

I love when people screw up like that. I wouldn't say anything either

I love when people screw up like that. I wouldn't say anything either

I tried telling the guy he was wrong, but he wasn't having it. It was the strangest interaction ever. I'm like, "dude, that's not a Machspeed, it's the Str8Fit" and he was like, "i know that the Machspeed has the Str8fit". So I was like, "whatever".

Don't forget to try the 3w as well. I struggled with both for a while until someone mention how you have to really smooooth the swing and it made all the difference. I was hitting my 2.0 3w yesterday farther off the deck than my Williams driver off a tee, lol.
Ya, I am also going to get the 3w as well. 15 degree stiff, I was hitting it off the tee 210 which is the same distance as my driver now. It wouldn't register off the deck, but I could feel it smashing the ball. And when I went to Dicks and first heard about the deal with the R11 "Trade in your club plus $100 off an R11" I asked the guy and he said my driver was worth $31. Went in two days later and said it was worth $1 because of a scratch. They should tell you that when you ask because most clubs won't be in perfect condition anyways :angry:

Matty:

The TM Burner SuperFast 2.0 is a fantastic club. I have one and love it. Congrats on the SS increase. Man.... $1.

Alex

My driver swing speed is 116mph with the same club! Burner Brotherhood baby! You will not be disappointed with this driver, I can promise you that.

My driver swing speed is 116mph with the same club! Burner Brotherhood baby! You will not be disappointed with this driver, I can promise you that.

holy crap dude, thats fast lol. If we every play you better be hitting 3 wood off the tee so I dont feel so short haha.

I believe MC Long Drive Champ The Belbs also plays the SuperFast 2.0. I've heard he hits the ball a bit longer than average with that club

I believe MC Long Drive Champ The Belbs also plays the SuperFast 2.0. I've heard he hits the ball a bit longer than average with that club

He does indeed, I'm still playing the Superfast 2.0 3 wood and love it, and the only reason why I'm still not playing the driver is I just hit the SL 290 better and further.

What did he offer you $1 for?

Pft I was the only one who hit it off the Annika Academy. Performance over paint.

It was this driver, lmao!

carizmapowertipod.jpg

What did he offer you $1 for?
The guy at Dicks Sporting Goods offered me $1 for my Callaway Big Bertha Diablo driver, but I think it will work out in the end :)

Congrats on your success with the 2.0.

I've had mine about 2 weeks and loving it thus far. I went with the 13* and senior flex as my swing speed is around 82-85.
On 2 different simulators I was seeing about 15 yards more distance with this driver over many others including the r11, Cleveland 270, and a whole plethora of ones off the used rack.

I've only had a chance to play on the wet and cold weather here in OH but am seeing about 230-235 max when I catch it good and about 210 on average.
Short by most standards but this is very long for me as my FT-IQ and Nickent 4dx only got me out there about 195 on average and 210 max. Can't wait for summer when I actually get some roll.

Still working out the kinks as far as hitting it straight but my misses don't seem to be as bad. What I like best is side spin appears to be very minimal with the 2.0 compared to my prior drivers. I tend to either pull it, hit it straight or push it. I really don't see slices with it, which is a +. Definately a game changer for me with the added distance.

Back