Xbox One and PS4 Systems

Cod huh maybe I will come out of retirement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes we need the velvet fog back and no more collusion like you and dean did to me in AW

I'm waiting for my PS4 to be delivered. FIFA 18, F1 2017 and COD Infinite Warfare to get me started. Its been a long time since I last game'd. I just saw COD WWII was released last night, can that be downloaded onto the console or do I need to get the disc ordered?

Unless you're looking for a bargain, I'd strongly consider getting an Xbox One X. The traditional Xbox One will be obsolete in a year. It won't be completely useless, but your little guy is going to want the latest stuff and very quickly that stuff will begin running only on the new Xbox One X.

I'll 2nd that. I'm currently sitting on a Xbox 360 and 1st Gen Xbox One. The 360 goes when my One X shows up in a few days. I know the jump off price is a little steep but I think it's a good investment. I got one because there's no kids in the house and I like to play games when I'm not golfing or playing my guitar.

Go for it Panda. You won't regret it.

I'll 2nd that. I'm currently sitting on a Xbox 360 and 1st Gen Xbox One. The 360 goes when my One X shows up in a few days. I know the jump off price is a little steep but I think it's a good investment. I got one because there's no kids in the house and I like to play games when I'm not golfing or playing my guitar.

Go for it Panda. You won't regret it.

Yeah, you guys have convinced me. I’m going to camp out and get the little guy the latest and greatest. I may bribe the local Kohl’s with my food truck if I can get one of these.

Unless you're looking for a bargain, I'd strongly consider getting an Xbox One X. The traditional Xbox One will be obsolete in a year. It won't be completely useless, but your little guy is going to want the latest stuff and very quickly that stuff will begin running only on the new Xbox One X.
You mention the traditional xbox one being obsolete....does that include the xbox one s as well? Or just the xbox one original model? I've seen ads for the new xbox one x...so i'm not sure what's different between the s and x models....? Any help?

EDIT.... I may have found the answer to my own question in this article:

Unfortunately, the Xbox One X still has limited appeal. Only those with 4K HDR TVs are going to see a big benefit from*the $500 cost*associated with the higher-powered console. For most, the Xbox One S is still the best option, and it is now available at a better price.

Source: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/xbox-one-s-vs-xbox-one-x/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You mention the traditional xbox one being obsolete....does that include the xbox one s as well? Or just the xbox one original model? I've seen ads for the new xbox one x...so i'm not sure what's different between the s and x models....? Any help?

I've got a 4K TV that will get used and abused once mine shows up. I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.

I've got a 4K TV that will get used and abused once mine shows up. I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.
I saw the pics of what a 4k game screen will look like and it was pretty sweet. I'm content with 1080p for the amount of gaming I/we do, so no need to chase an Xbox One X.

Hopefully others are following along and taking note. The Kohl's deal is the best I've seen....but there's still 3 weeks til Black Friday and I'm sure other stores will match or beat the price point.

Good info Stevie.....no 4k here so looks like One S will do just fine.

I'm waiting for my PS4 to be delivered. FIFA 18, F1 2017 and COD Infinite Warfare to get me started. Its been a long time since I last game'd. I just saw COD WWII was released last night, can that be downloaded onto the console or do I need to get the disc ordered?

You can download it digitally from the PSN store.

Anybody with a OneX preorder get theirs yet? Mine isn't and I'm hoping there's a package on the doorstep when I get home. I feel like a kid at Christmas.

Well it showed up on launch day but I haven't had a chance to set it up yet. Too much other stuff going on, but I have a 4 day weekend coming up and you can bet it's on like Donkey Kong.

I set mine up last night. Super nice look. Seems to run a little hot; going to see if there's a cooler. And in typical MS fashion, there's a 781MB update right out of the box. That was a bummer. Played a couple games just to see if they looked better, even though they weren't "enhanced". CoD:MW Redux looked way better. It was nice. The old Burnout Paradise even looked better. If you're a HALO guy, you're going to pee yourself a little. Guardians looked fantastic. As does Titanfall 2. I may replay TF2 again just because. I used a "quality" HDMI cable to hook it up and was getting intermittent video drops (black screen, audio still on) so switched to the damn OEM cable and haven't had a problem yet. I've also already read you might have to adjust the color-bit setting between 24 and 30 if you have issues with your TV. Oh, on that note, it told me it auto-ID'd my TV and set it up to work with everything without even setting it up. It went straight to the display settings and told me to switch it to such-and-such settings.

Can't wait to get home again tonight and try out more old stuff to see if it looks better. I still hate the dashboard, but oh well.

Assassins creed origins is incredible.

While I agree it takes a 4K TV to get the maximum benefit from the Xbox One X, I don’t know that I agree there’s no benefit to getting one with a traditional TV.

People with 1080p are reporting the 1080p is better. Additionally, with a much more powerful CPU and GPU, games are going to be a bit smoother on any TV.

If you don’t have the money, nothing wrong with a Xbox One S for now, but I don’t think the gaming experience will be identical. Yes you’re overpaying a bit for the One X, but in the not-distant future, there will be new games that will require the One X.

While I agree it takes a 4K TV to get the maximum benefit from the Xbox One X, I don’t know that I agree there’s no benefit to getting one with a traditional TV.

People with 1080p are reporting the 1080p is better. Additionally, with a much more powerful CPU and GPU, games are going to be a bit smoother on any TV.

If you don’t have the money, nothing wrong with a Xbox One S for now, but I don’t think the gaming experience will be identical. Yes you’re overpaying a bit for the One X, but in the not-distant future, there will be new games that will require the One X.

I don't dispute what you are saying, but for the novice gamer or the parent looking to introduce gaming to their kids the Xbox One S is more than sufficient -- especially at the Black Friday price points. As with all prior systems, there will come a time when the S-model will no longer be supported, but there is still **PLENTY** of life left in it to warrant spending sub-$200 for it now.

I don't dispute what you are saying, but for the novice gamer or the parent looking to introduce gaming to their kids the Xbox One S is more than sufficient -- especially at the Black Friday price points. As with all prior systems, there will come a time when the S-model will no longer be supported, but there is still **PLENTY** of life left in it to warrant spending sub-$200 for it now.

I'm looking at picking up the One S for my son for Christmas. It would be an upgrade to the 360 we currently have. I was told they were going to stop supporting the 360 over the summer but we still get updates and things like that for it so I'm not sure if I want to spend the money on the S just yet or wait until it tells me they are no longer supporting it and to get out of the stone ages of the 360. While talking with a salesman he said there was no point in buying the S with the 500 GB hdd because it wasn't big enough. I find it hard to believe that they would put out a system that was "too small". Of course he was trying to up sell the 1TB. Our 360 I think is 250 GB and I'm positive we haven't come close to filling half of it. We aren't big gamers and I'm sure he'll get more into it as he gets older but at 6, the 500 will probably be big enough and it will be time to upgrade as he gets older.

I'm looking at picking up the One S for my son for Christmas. It would be an upgrade to the 360 we currently have. I was told they were going to stop supporting the 360 over the summer but we still get updates and things like that for it so I'm not sure if I want to spend the money on the S just yet or wait until it tells me they are no longer supporting it and to get out of the stone ages of the 360. While talking with a salesman he said there was no point in buying the S with the 500 GB hdd because it wasn't big enough. I find it hard to believe that they would put out a system that was "too small". Of course he was trying to up sell the 1TB. Our 360 I think is 250 GB and I'm positive we haven't come close to filling half of it. We aren't big gamers and I'm sure he'll get more into it as he gets older but at 6, the 500 will probably be big enough and it will be time to upgrade as he gets older.
If it's any consolation, I have the 1TB version Xbox One S and have 8+ disc games and like 4-5 downloaded ones...and that has used like 300gb of space. I agree that a 500gb version will be plenty unless you intend to have AND PLAY a large library of games. I figure that I'll be trading/swapping games from here on out...so I can't image using 500gb, and will never come close to 1TB.

For clarity, a game will only need space on the hard drive for as long as you intend to play and/or own it...so if you trade/swap then you can delete the save data - unless you intend to get that older game again down the road...obviously not likely.

If it's any consolation, I have the 1TB version Xbox One S and have 8+ disc games and like 4-5 downloaded ones...and that has used like 300gb of space. I agree that a 500gb version will be plenty unless you intend to have AND PLAY a large library of games. I figure that I'll be trading/swapping games from here on out...so I can't image using 500gb, and will never come close to 1TB.

For clarity, a game will only need space on the hard drive for as long as you intend to play and/or own it...so if you trade/swap then you can delete the save data - unless you intend to get that older game again down the road...obviously not likely.

Right now he's only really playing Lego Deminsions and he might get Minecraft. He's been bugging the crap out of me for it. And I might add some Madden or war game but that's about it.

Right now he's only really playing Lego Deminsions and he might get Minecraft. He's been bugging the crap out of me for it. And I might add some Madden or war game but that's about it.
You'll be fine then... I've seen the sub-$200 500gb Xbox One S for Black Friday listed at a couple places now - Kohls, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Gamestop. So finding one at a discounted price shouldn't be as hard as originally thought.

You'll be fine then... I've seen the sub-$200 500gb Xbox One S for Black Friday listed at a couple places now - Kohls, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Gamestop. So finding one at a discounted price shouldn't be as hard as originally thought.

Sweet, I'll have to keep my eye out for them. I'm waiting to see if Toys R Us will have the Minecraft one discounted deeply. I think he'd get a real kick out of that one. Plus we'd get the game "free".

I need to bump up the storage on my ps4

u got lots of gamez?

Right now installed on there I tihnk are....

The Show
WW2
Battlefront
Rory(maybe)
Golf Club
Madden

I think that might be it.

Back