Xbox One and PS4 Systems

For Xbox One owners/players, I'm probably late to the table on this...but I downloaded "Fortnight" a couple days back and I think it's great!! It's a 3rd person shooter game, but it is very simplistic and the battle royale games don't take long to complete. Best of all, it was a FREE download. For parents, this is not a gory, blood-filled shooter....so while not the best genre for kids, it's not GTA, CoD, or Battlefield.

For anyone interested in a console, you might want to take a look the Best Buy black friday deals. My PS4 is being looked at to see if it can be fixed so I might buy a new one and return it if my old one gets fixed. Best Buy is going to have the 1TB PS4 for $199.99 (normally $299.99) and some games that are normally $59.99 for $29.99. I'm getting Destiny 2 and maybe Madden.

For Xbox One owners/players, I'm probably late to the table on this...but I downloaded "Fortnight" a couple days back and I think it's great!! It's a 3rd person shooter game, but it is very simplistic and the battle royale games don't take long to complete. Best of all, it was a FREE download. For parents, this is not a gory, blood-filled shooter....so while not the best genre for kids, it's not GTA, CoD, or Battlefield.

I have seen Fortnight but haven't played it. I have played PubG. The style of game is pretty interesting.

For anyone interested in a console, you might want to take a look the Best Buy black friday deals. My PS4 is being looked at to see if it can be fixed so I might buy a new one and return it if my old one gets fixed. Best Buy is going to have the 1TB PS4 for $199.99 (normally $299.99) and some games that are normally $59.99 for $29.99. I'm getting Destiny 2 and maybe Madden.

Forgot to mention, some people can access Best Buy black friday deals now, online.

I have seen Fortnight but haven't played it. I have played PubG. The style of game is pretty interesting.
From what I have seen of both, the games are essentially identical. The downloadable version of Fortnight doesn't have the single player story mode enabled...but I wasn't looking for that anyway. In store Fortnight is selling for $60. In my opinion, I wouldn't pay that much for it, but perhaps the story mode adds to the value....?

I will say, I'm not very good at the game. It's fun while it lasts...but some of these "kids" are way too quick on the controls and kill me before I can get a shot off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So my wife bought me an Xbox 1 today. My last system I bought was a ps2, so im way out of the loop. I know I want a racing game, I assume Forza is still the ticket for Xbox? Madden is a definite, and will have to pick up a COD to get my ass kicked. What else is a must have?

So my wife bought me an Xbox 1 today. My last system I bought was a ps2, so im way out of the loop. I know I want a racing game, I assume Forza is still the ticket for Xbox? Madden is a definite, and will have to pick up a COD to get my ass kicked. What else is a must have?

Forza is the racing game, Forza Horizon 3 is the game to get if you're into Need for Speed style racing (as Need for Speed is such garbage now)

Steep is a good one

Evil Within 2 is much better than the first

Witcher 3 GOTY/Complete can be had for cheap and is amazing if you're into hack n slash action rpg

any of the DiRT games will be fun, Rally is the more sim style of the series

From what I have seen of both, the games are essentially identical. The downloadable version of Fortnight doesn't have the single player story mode enabled...but I wasn't looking for that anyway. In store Fortnight is selling for $60. In my opinion, I wouldn't pay that much for it, but perhaps the story mode adds to the value....?

I will say, I'm not very good at the game. It's fun while it lasts...but some of these "kids" are way too quick on the controls and kill me before I can get a shot off.

I have been on Fortnite for the past couple nights and it's a lot of fun. I might like it more than PubG. I have two top 5 finishes. I haven't quite figured out the building piece. It seems like building comes into play when you get down to 5 or so players and the area is small so you build yourself a fort if you will.

Try Fortnite. Have you heard of it?

+1 for this. Might be a little too cartoony compared to some games out today, but its fun as hell to play and free

+1 for this. Might be a little too cartoony compared to some games out today, but its fun as hell to play and free

I played last week, not sure I have the patience for it. Im more of a run and gun Meatshield type of player in games.

I played last week, not sure I have the patience for it. Im more of a run and gun Meatshield type of player in games.

ya most gun games that require aim, reaction time and good positioning arent your strength, but you do jump out of the flying bus like a boss

ya most gun games that require aim, reaction time and good positioning arent your strength, but you do jump out of the flying bus like a boss

Its a Chip Kelly, pro style offense

I haven't, I'll look into it. I ended up with Ghost Recon Wild lands. Im terrible at shooters, but am enjoying it so far.

Ok, so my family (really just my son) is getting an Xbox One S for Christmas. Are there updates and what not that will need to be done to be able to play it? I guess what I'm really asking is do I need to go ahead and open it to get it set up so he will be able to play it quickly and not have to wait possibly hours for things to load and update. It also comes with a copy of Minecraft, and he's been "dying" to play it. How long will it take to download that game to the system so I'm not tempted to strangle him as he's bugging me to play it?

Ok, so my family (really just my son) is getting an Xbox One S for Christmas. Are there updates and what not that will need to be done to be able to play it? I guess what I'm really asking is do I need to go ahead and open it to get it set up so he will be able to play it quickly and not have to wait possibly hours for things to load and update. It also comes with a copy of Minecraft, and he's been "dying" to play it. How long will it take to download that game to the system so I'm not tempted to strangle him as he's bugging me to play it?
might have an update but nothing that will take long at all

might have an update but nothing that will take long at all

OK. Also, I was told by just logging in, all my info from the 360 will load to the One. Is this correct or will I have to copy and move game progress and stuff from the 360 to the One via thumb drive. My son may freak out if he has to start Lego Dimensions all over again.

I bought an Xbox one S last year and it took about an hour or so before I could actually play it. It is probably worth your while to preload everything. Might be cool to set it up and then wrap it and leave it in your entertainment center. Hey kid, you got one more over here ready to be unwrapped. It would be a smooth Dad move if you asked me.

You won't be able to pull it out of the box and play immediately...it will require an update AND you have to load/save the game (Minecraft) to the system - which will then allow for future turn on and play.

You may also need to setup a Microsoft account, all of which delays being able to game immediately.

I have some really bad irritability syndrome want to pull my hair out and cuss my lungs out.
Thursday the 14th I played mlbtheshow that evening. That evening ps4 had a new update, 5.03.
Friday the 15th my ps4 was screwed. My console would not play any discs. "Unrecognizable disc" "corrupt data disc"
I'm so pissed, going back and forth with a tech and trying to figure out whatever could be the problem and I know damn well it was the update but whatever...
I just bought this one in July so its within its 1 year warranty so I said with a capital F-it I'll just send it in for service. Did that 2 days ago, now I wait.
Just a bunch of horse **** I just don't get it.

You won't be able to pull it out of the box and play immediately...it will require an update AND you have to load/save the game (Minecraft) to the system - which will then allow for future turn on and play.

You may also need to setup a Microsoft account, all of which delays being able to game immediately.

Thanks. I already have a Microsoft account so that part is done. I went to save stuff off my 360 to the "cloud". You can only do that if you have a Gold membership. Guess I'm waiting to do that until we open it and use the "free" month Gold membership. We will be running nonstop Christmas Day so I'm going to wait to load everything since he won't be able to play it anyway.

Anyone play the new RBI 18? I loved "The Show" but saw an ad for the new RBI and was interested if anyone has tried it yet...

Anyone play the new RBI 18? I loved "The Show" but saw an ad for the new RBI and was interested if anyone has tried it yet...

I haven't played but from reviews and videos I've seen it's a joke of a game compared to the old "The Show" games. Really wish they'd bring those back to xbox.

All you have to do is watch the batters and pitchers moonwalking to realize how bad we have it on xbox in terms of baseball games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJiQcD-inXY

Anyone heard or seen anything about a new PGA Tour game from EA?

Back