Yani Tseng struggling

Too bad Yani isn't more relevant/known in the sports world. She's a good golfer. But most people don't know who she is.

Just a little better than good. She's GREAT! (in my best Tony the Tiger voice). No pun intended on the Tiger part...

Yani's great compared to the rest of the LPGA. She's on a whole different level. Like I said, it would be cooler if the LPGA was relevant in the sports world. Then she'd get the recognition she deserves.

Yani's great compared to the rest of the LPGA. She's on a whole different level. Like I said, it would be cooler if the LPGA was relevant in the sports world. Then she'd get the recognition she deserves.

Who says it's not relevant? You? Are you belittling women's golf?

Kevin

Who says it's not relevant? You? Are you belittling women's golf?

Kevin

Yeah I guess I would be saying that. I'm not belittling it. It just doesn't get the same amount of coverage or press as maybe it should. It's sort of disappointing to me. Because Yani is dominant and could be huge. But not many casual sports fans know who she is like they know Tigger or LeBron or Pujols or other big athletes. It's a shame.

I guess our ideas of relevance differ. It is too bad the LPGA isn't more visible, but that doesn't make what the players do on the course not relevant. What Yani is doing may turn out to be historically mind bottling not only in the context of women's golf, but any type of golf. Right now it looks like she could win every single tournament she enters, as no other player is even playing in the same universe as her. She seemingly wins without trying.

Kevin

I guess our ideas of relevance differ. It is too bad the LPGA isn't more visible, but that doesn't make what the players do on the course not relevant. What Yani is doing may turn out to be historically mind bottling not only in the context of women's golf, but any type of golf. Right now it looks like she could win every single tournament she enters, as no other player is even playing in the same universe as her. She seemingly wins without trying.

Kevin

I completely agree with you. I worded what I was trying to say badly. Maybe not relevant in the sports media market? I don't hear much if anything about the LPGA outside of this forum and The Golf Channel. Not sure if that's different for others.

Did you guys see how big her gap is in the world rankings? As of now (they get updated tom I believe), the difference in avg. points between her and 2nd ranked Na Yeon Choi is the same as the difference between NYChoi and the 148th ranked played in the world Seon-Hwa Lee.

This dominance is, in no better terms, out of this world.

It's just unfortunate that women's sports doesn't get anywhere near the same amount of attention as men's sports.

Kevin
She's like a guy playing on the LPGA! The other girls don't stand a chance.

But not many casual sports fans know who she is like they know Tigger or LeBron or Pujols or other big athletes. It's a shame.

See, I know Yani but I don't know 2 out of the other 3 you mention.

I would like to see more TV coverage of the LPGA, and the LET.

Golf Channel @GolfChannel
Yani Tseng struggles on Day 1 of Wegmans LPGA Championship - Blog: http://bit.ly/KZJjhv

;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Link didn't work (iPad, Tapatalk)

Sorry. Fixed.

Like most things in life, golf is a game of averages. Yani's had an incredible "hot" streak. It was only time before she "cooled" off a bit.

She was all taped up today, too, but still played well. She's right near the lead for tomorrow. Elbow tendonitis is no joke. Hurts like hell.

Kevin

This. Tendonitis is so painful it's awful. When my wrists start acting up I feel like I would rather be stabbed.

And Yani missed the cut yesterday.

I like Yani, but think it is good for the LPGA that she is struggling. When she was dominating, it never really became a story that garnered much attention.

I would prefer to see 4-5 ladies neck and neck for the points title. Then if one of them emerges as a media darling, the LPGA benefits.

And yet another MC.

What ever happened to Yani? I don't follow the LPGA much (if at all), so it's odd to have her go from being the best on the LPGA to not hearing anything about her at all.

LPGA is strange someone dominates for a few years then leaves or falls off and is just an after thought.

LPGA is strange someone dominates for a few years then leaves or falls off and is just an after thought.

She's struggling to make cuts which is just unbelievable considering how far ahead she was of everyone else.

Dare I say a little David Duval-ish?

Back