Technology Behind Cleveland FW Woods - THP Radio

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
ITR is back with an all new episode this week as we talk with Nate from Cleveland Golf about their line of fairway woods and why they feel it is one of the best options out there for golfers of all skill levels.

This Episode Features:
Why does the Cleveland Launcher FL have 3 different lofts?
Why are golfers seeing more distance out of this FW wood compared to their current model?
How can Cleveland Golf have an aftermarket shaft as standard in this line?
What is up next for the Cleveland Golf

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=14247

If you're having troubles hitting your 3 wood, try the Cleveland 17* 3 wood. It's so easy and LONG!

cant wait to listen, which i will in about 10 min, makes it cooler cause i have the 3 wood :)

listening now

• Admin
This may have been my favorite equipment show we have done to date.

This is an amazing interview JB! You talk about the product but also ask many questions about woods that people have! Great job and thank you Cleveland.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Thanks for Nate from Cleveland Golf for coming on the show!

Enjoyed hearing about the "real world" testing that was conducted at the range - does not get any more legit than that.

So much great information from weighting to lofts to shafts. Along these same lines, I look forward to seeing how the Cleveland driver line stacks up in my upcoming driver fitting.

Will be very interesting to see what they come out with in the fall!

Thanks for Nate from Cleveland Golf for coming on the show!

Enjoyed hearing about the "real world" testing that was conducted at the range - does not get any more legit than that.

So much great information from weighting to lofts to shafts. Along these same lines, I look forward to seeing how the Cleveland driver line stacks up in my upcoming driver fitting.

Will be very interesting to see what they come out with in the fall!

I agree with these. This was a great interview for sure. Really enjoyed it

• Admin
Glad you guys liked it. So much info here about technology in equipment and then add to that a little sneak peek at what is coming in the future that most companies never give us.

Glad you guys liked it. So much info here about technology in equipment and then add to that a little sneak peek at what is coming in the future that most companies never give us.

Yeah...it was funny when you asked him the first question and then he said what about the second and you said go ahead and answer the first because you probably won't answer the second. He seemed to get a grin out of that and then proceeds to answer the second question probably better than anyone ever has.

Lots of great info! Thanks! Love Cleveland equipment and loved hearing them talk about the technology, etc.

Gonna listen to this now on the old cellular!

Very interesting to hear that so much of the design was related to driver technology. I play this is 17° and the added loft really has helped me out. I enjoyed this alot. Thanks, JB!

Interested to hear what pushing the geometry will mean?

Great show, Nate is very knowledgeable and helpful with that he talks about in terms of the FWs people decide to have in their bag for various reasons. I am very excited to see what Cleveland has coming up for everyone. Great job JB and thanks Nate!

Great interview JB! I know I love my new FL. good stuff.

JB, listening to the show, the benefits the added loft of the 17* seemed very important. As a lefty, this loft is not available to me, so I am wondering, would the 19* be the next best bet, or would you think one should go down to the 15*? It was really interesting hearing that the 17 might actually have more distance than a lower lofted one and I would love to take advantage of that. This would be used for accuracy off the tee and from the fairway.

JB, listening to the show, the benefits the added loft of the 17* seemed very important. As a lefty, this loft is not available to me, so I am wondering, would the 19* be the next best bet, or would you think one should go down to the 15*? It was really interesting hearing that the 17 might actually have more distance than a lower lofted one and I would love to take advantage of that. This would be used for accuracy off the tee and from the fairway.

I think it goes back to fitting. Try them both and see what ball flight you are seeing.

Great show JB! I'm a big fan of these Fairways, they blew me away. As KB said above, they are long and super easy to hit. Best fairays I've ever hit hands down.

JB, you were looking at the 17* seriously before you got called up to the MC. Did it ever make it to the bag?

Great show JB! I'm a big fan of these Fairways, they blew me away. As KB said above, they are long and super easy to hit. Best fairays I've ever hit hands down.

JB, you were looking at the 17* seriously before you got called up to the MC. Did it ever make it to the bag?

Have not really had a chance, since the MC started. Will reevaluate after that, but I really like it.

Have not really had a chance, since the MC started. Will reevaluate after that, but I really like it.

I know you do. I'll look forward to your thoughts on it again after the MC. I know I sure love it. Mine aren't going any where.

What a great show! I really loved these FW at the outing. I think they were by far my pick of the litter. I think if I started to game a 3w again, I would go after the 17* Cleveland. Great show guys and thanks for all the awesome info.

I have hibores and absolutly love them i cant wait to see what they are comming out with in the future.

Nice show JB and Cleveland! Peaked my interest in a future club for sure.

Back