Whats your closest to -blank- ? (photo)

acessence

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey All,

Last few weeks, had some close calls, and took a few photos, wondering if any one else has done the same, and what you were close to holing albatross, eagle, etc

Hole - Par 4 - 342 Yards - This close to an eagle on a Par 4, 85 yards out, 56 Degree wedge, spun back and diagonal on top of the hole.
eagle.jpg

Hole - Par 3 - 148 Yards - This close to a hole in one on a Par 3, 9 iron , spun straight back, as you can see my ball mark up on top.
hio.jpg

Last edited:
wow, so close on that eagle

Nice thread idea. I like to take those pictures. I'll see if I can dig some up.

Nice thread idea. I like to take those pictures. I'll see if I can dig some up.

Thanks, I'm sure I'm not the only one kicking themselves around the course with a photo of how close they were

I've got two that I can share that I actually have photos of..

The first was on a par 4 earlier this year in a scramble. Hole was playing 284 and I landed and spun a touch.. Still trying to figure out how it didn't go in.

28E258B0-C145-4E96-96FC-B071A7B91EA9-15633-00001679030C3191.jpg

Second was with my buddy RxGus.. First time we played together, almost holed out from 120. Instead it hit the pin.

number10pinhit.jpg

Nice shot!, You sure mangled that cup edge there

Nothing come that close in the end recently, though I've hit the flagstick and left myself less than 3 ft 4 times this year (3 for what would have been my first hole in one-all on the same hole too). Your second pic on the par 3 would have been gut wrenching, watching it spin back and just miss the hole :(.

P.S. Hav
en't you been exiled from MB yet for having a Leaf bag? Go Leafs Go! (hopefully sometime this year)

I'll have to take a picture next time I come close!

From this past Saturday. 495 yard par 5, had 205 left downwind and hit 4 hybrid to 3 inches dead behind hole. We were unsure how it did not go in. Tap in eagle.

4a4uhy2e.jpg

Darn,
I had one Eagle at Mattaponi Springs on Hole #10 from 140 yards out and was 2 " away from another on hole #18from 105 yards.
No pictures of these just use your imagination.

Back to back hole in one and eagle chance

The first picture was on a par 4 331 dogleg left
7i left me a wedge (furthest ball on picture, shot was a foot or two left of the hole but perfect distance, hole going towards the bottom right corner of picture at a right angle to the shadow of my brother)

Next was a par 3 145 straight (a steep dip between the tee and green)
8i left a tap in birdie
The shot looked closer (tee in line with ball and pin, photo taken at a right angle to the hole and the ball was all over the pin, but it was a foot or two too far)

I'm sorry that they weren't as close as some, but it was a back to back chance :D

Just tappin away

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350317695718.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350317695718.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1350317740425.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350317740425.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
I have kept my 'closest to' stats for the past 13 years or so and have been mostly disappointed with this year's results. My best would be on a par 4, landing it 3 feet and change away. Some close calls in photographic form in this thread. Great shots, folks!

I have kept my 'closest to' stats for the past 13 years or so and have been mostly disappointed with this year's results. My best would be on a par 4, landing it 3 feet and change away. Some close calls in photographic form in this thread. Great shots, folks!

Yah i was pretty surprised how close some of them came, especially being a first year golfer

I had a close call on a Par 3, about 180 yards. That would've been my second HIO.
Less than 35 cm, that's less than 14 inches.

:banghead:

kuva1q.jpg

kuva2d.jpg

I like how the flag has a measurement on it. Must tell the local golf course :D

Just tappin away

All of my good shots were when I was 12-18, long before digital cameras existed. :arrogant:

Ok this is a long par 5 at sonoma Ranch Golf course, I hit my driver off the tee about 250 into the fairway which was uphill by the way, and then I hit my 5 wood as my second shot, sure enough I got close to the green. This was during the peak of my ATV testing and I hit my aproach shot about 75 yards in and the ball stopped dead on the green-I was using a Penta TP5-this was the closest to an eagle I've ever got, my THP buddy singinggolfer can testify to this

8091126628_e861015f00.jpg

This is a Par 3 at my home course at NMSU golf course, and these are the closest I've got to hole in ones

the first was the day before a tournament

8091132582_98bf7b6352.jpg

This one was the same hole during the tournament, and was even closer.

8091127115_047658e7c3.jpg

again THP my friend singinggolfer can testify to these too

Par 4 - 318 Yards (#12, Glen Mills Golf Club)

This was my drive.

IMG_20110625_145221.jpg

2e5y7ahy.jpg

This was a couple months ago. Par 3 215 yds put a 3 hybrid on the lip of the cup. Dont know how it didn't go in.

maduny4e.jpg

This is from yesterday par 3 175 yds put a 6 iron to a couple inches.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

Lots of amazingly close shots already, and threads only been up a day

Some great shots in here. I need to golf with my camera next year and hope I get close like this. I hope ya'll made your putts

THese are great. Wish I could have some that close!

Had this shot the other day from about 125 out. Used a nice smooth 52* wedge. Woulda been eagle. Not as close as some of the others in the thread but it was a good shot! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350363847.120530.jpg

From this past Saturday. 495 yard par 5, had 205 left downwind and hit 4 hybrid to 3 inches dead behind hole. We were unsure how it did not go in. Tap in eagle.

4a4uhy2e.jpg

dang cookie...how hard with the wind blowing 205 yard 4 hybrid...you beast!

Back