Most Unorthodox Swing On Tour

Maybe not as "ugly" as Furyk or Gainey, but look at how flat MAJ is throughout his entire swing:

MAJ is officially now my hero.

Being slight humorous for a second...would Happy Gilmore count for this thread?
Happy holidays
I thought I was being humorous with my Cookie reference but I guess that joke is just about played out.........making note.

I've always thought Justin Leonard's follow through was a bit uncomfortable and tight.

Unorthodox? Has to be Fuyrk. On TV, it looks kinda normal. However, when you see it in person, it hurts your eyes.

If you are at Golftec, and the computer pulls either Furyk or Gainey to compare your swing to, then you are in trouble. Open that checkbook and get ready for a reconstruction project.

It's tough, but I'd say Tommy two gloves. I do like him though.

The guy that golfs cross handed actually has a pretty good swing IMO. Just weird that his hands are switched and he can still take the club back as far as he does.

If you are at Golftec, and the computer pulls either Furyk or Gainey to compare your swing to, then you are in trouble. Open that checkbook and get ready for a reconstruction project.

This made me lol.

Maybe not as "ugly" as Furyk or Gainey, but look at how flat MAJ is throughout his entire swing

He must have been your swing hero growing up, right? :alien:

This is a hobby of mine. I wish someone would create a silhouette gif's of PGA tour swings. Gainey swing is very unorthodox, probably the most, then furyk. I've never liked Steve Strickers swing at all either. The no wrists swing just looks silly.

Not the ugliest, but take a look at KJ Choi's swing. Once he gets it to the top, there is a small over-the-top move as he starts down. He gets it back in line, but, that quick push "up" and over has always caught my eye.

Not the ugliest, but take a look at KJ Choi's swing. Once he gets it to the top, there is a small over-the-top move as he starts down. He gets it back in line, but, that quick push "up" and over has always caught my eye.

That's Over the Top? Have you seen Brendon De Jonge's swing? THAT'S over the top.

Another is JB Holmes. His shaft is pretty much vertical in the back swing... He bombs it, but not "classic".

Barkley
Furyk
Cookie

Bubba Watson. Nothing is traditional about his setup or swing. I love it.

Furyk of course, but Gainey just drives me nuts to watch. Only swings worst to watch than that are Barkely and mine.

Gainey is probably the one. Furyk sort of has this rythmic thing to it that makes it not so bad at times. There'd be a lot more competition for most unorthodox if we were considering the Champions Tour as well.

I like the weird swings. Gives me hope.

Well put Ryan, I think the Champions tour would have a few for sure!!!

Ryan Moore has a funny swing.

How about Kuchar? His swing is so flat and I was told by one of the bridgestone reps that he tries to keep his club face as sqaure as possible for as long as possible. Meaning he takes it back closed and follows through open.

I think what makes a swing look so unorthodox to me is tempo. Furyk doesn't bother me as much because he has good tempo in his swing. But some of the guys that don't have a good tempo look very strange to me. Gainey has a very odd tempo and looks very unorthodox to me. I can't think of some of the others right now.

Fowler and Perry always look funny to me. Of course I do all sorts of dirty things to have either one of those swings, but i do have limits.

Back