Callaway X-Hot Driver Review

Less than perfect because of the lack of high lofts. Even an 11.5* would be a nice option.

Just get a 10.5* it's really a 12.5*...I kid of course!!! I think 10.5 with a high launch shaft might give you what you want in terms of launch angle.

Just get a 10.5* it's really a 12.5*...I kid of course!!! I think 10.5 with a high launch shaft might give you what you want in terms of launch angle.

I know there are ways around it. But it would have been nice to see. My other gripe is that these drivers were too late to market for me. But that isn't the club's fault.

I know there are ways around it. But it would have been nice to see. My other gripe is that these drivers were too late to market for me. But that isn't the club's fault.

Because of all that golf you are playing before release? :D

Because of all that golf you are playing before release? :D

Touché.

I'm not going to hammer the release date in this thread. It has nothing to do with the club.

Nice review, Jman. I saw the X-Hot at my local shop the other day and it looks sharp. Thanks for breaking down the different types of drivers Callaway is putting out there this year. The X-Hot sounds like a good driver for players that struggle missing it right and could use some extra launch.

I can't play a draw bias driver, I have about a 5yd draw in my driver/3 wood but based on the specs of the XHot being 18gr lighter than normal, it leaves the option for adding 15-20gr of hotmelt in the toe to either offset the draw weighting, possibly a touch of a fade bias. I would be playing the 9.5* driver at 44.5 anyways so is there an option of adding more weight? I like a D3 s/w driver.

Just food for thought.

I really TRULY think people should HIT THE CLUB before freaking out about the internal weighting of it.

I entirely understand that its a mental thing for some buy you might just be surprised, I was.

I really TRULY think people should HIT THE CLUB before freaking out about the internal weighting of it.

I entirely understand that its a mental thing for some buy you might just be surprised, I was.

Truth.

To be honest, I have hit the standard Xhot multiple times. I never knew or noticed a draw bias. And I play a draw.

Look what showed up today. Thanks THP and Callaway!
5953_571804522843713_1485576553_n.jpg

I was in the pro shop and saw a single digit handicap and mature lady (60) come in demo drivers. Single digit tried 913 and r1 against the xhot. Winner xhot on the range. Lady had rbz stage 2 and ping anser ladies. Winne was xhot lady driver. Definitely an impressive day for Callaway.

The funny thing is I tested one of these drivers soon after they were released and it didn't blow me away. I think the problem was I had already hit sixty plus balls with two other drivers, that I was demoing. I was getting a bit tired by the time the X Hot came my way. I had also hit the gym hard prior to arriving at Dick's so it was not a fair test. I'm looking forward to hitting the 11.5 model! I'm afraid it will cause some moments of anxiety. Kind of like two fat hawgs both eye balling the last ear of corn :beat-up::pig:

The first time I hit the club I feel in love with it. I knew ZERO about it make up except it was supposed be long. Well it deliver on the length but also added forgiveness and ease of hitting. Listen to Jman and just hit the club, I mean really hit it. Not a few swings in the bay but a full in demo for 18 holes. Don't believe what he wrote, believe the results you will see when you give the club a serious look see.

The first time I hit the club I feel in love with it. I knew ZERO about it make up except it was supposed be long. Well it deliver on the length but also added forgiveness and ease of hitting. Listen to Jman and just hit the club, I mean really hit it. Not a few swings in the bay but a full in demo for 18 holes. Don't believe what he wrote, believe the results you will see when you give the club a serious look see.

Stop it :banghead:!:beat-up::D

I wasn't blown away by this club in the bay. Unfortunately, there's no good place around me to demo a club for 18... I would love to get my hands on one of these just to see how it stacks up, apples to apples, against my Classic on the course.

BOOM! Freddie approval!

Its so true, GET OVER the weighting bias and give it a chance!

Just had the chance to hit the both the Pro and Non-Pro in 9.5*, same shaft Pro PX 6.0 (Blue) Neutral setting. The Pro had a slight fade to it and the Non-Pro on my BEST swing was a mild 5yd draw, all the others were boomerangs left.

At address I liked the look of the Non-Pro better. The sales rep was rather pushy and annoying so I didn't have him swap the face angle, just needed to get out of there. I would really like to try the Non-Pro again with a stiff tip shaft in the open position. The SIM #'s were not trust worthy, One drive went 252, the next 387!!!

So I guess tinker with shafts and face angle to see what works for you!

2nd time out on the course with the XHot non-pro version. 10.5. Again, couldnt be happier. I mentioned it in the what did you shoot thread, but I have now played 27 holes with this club and am yet to miss a FIR. Seeing increased yardage is allowing me to have shorter shots into the green and helping me score lower. All good things in my book.

2nd time out on the course with the XHot non-pro version. 10.5. Again, couldnt be happier. I mentioned it in the what did you shoot thread, but I have now played 27 holes with this club and am yet to miss a FIR. Seeing increased yardage is allowing me to have shorter shots into the green and helping me score lower. All good things in my book.

hope you didn't jinx yourself bro! hahaha but seriously thats impressive. i know when i hit it this thing as well as the FW just want to go straight. i am almost positive i'm going regular version for my FW for just that reason. be nice to know you have a club thats going to go straight as an arrow off the tee if need be.

hope you didn't jinx yourself bro! hahaha but seriously thats impressive. i know when i hit it this thing as well as the FW just want to go straight. i am almost positive i'm going regular version for my FW for just that reason. be nice to know you have a club thats going to go straight as an arrow off the tee if need be.

Haha it wont last forever I am sure. But being able to actually aim and set up where you want to hit your 2nd shot from really is a nice thing.

Haha it wont last forever I am sure. But being able to actually aim and set up where you want to hit your 2nd shot from really is a nice thing.

But it has draw weighting so there's NO WAY it could be able to be hit straight :banghead:

Glad its working well for you Dev, its a hell of a driver.

But it has draw weighting so there's NO WAY it could be able to be hit straight :banghead:

Glad its working well for you Dev, its a hell of a driver.

The draw weighting made me nervous but it hasnt been an issue at all. At most a baby fade but that is actually nice to see.

That's awesome Dev! I've been struggling with the 3W, but may need to give one of the drivers another look. Every one here seems to love theirs. I had the same experience with the Classic last year. Had to hit it a few times prior to pulling the trigger.

Should have this one in the bag by the weekend for a trial run thanks to Jamesman. X-Hot/White Tie. Very excited.

Back