August 2014 THP Newsletter - A Tribute to True Blue & Caledonia

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
The August issue of the THP Newsletter will be hitting inboxes on Thursday 8/14/14. This issue will be a tribute to the host of the 2014 Morgan Cup: True Blue Golf Club & Caledonia Golf & Fish Club.

They have been the host of the Morgan Cup for 3 straight years now, and they have been nothing but amazing year after year. With the conclusion of the Morgan Cup, we thought it was fitting to have a tribute to place that helped make this iconic event possible.

The THP Newsletter is completely free, and if you haven't signed up already you can do so here.

What an awesome idea. They were amazing hosts from start to finish.

Great idea for a newsletter, looking forward to reading this one

looking forward to the newsletter. Always a great read!

Yep. True blue and Caledonia were amazing!

Nicely done Morgan

Love that idea. During Sunday singles a bev cart lady was talking about how she'd worked all of the Morgan cups that were held there, and was shocked when I told her it was the last one. Two great courses for sure, and I hope to make it back someday, whether with THP or not.

Very nice Morgan. Can't wait to read this one.

Cant wait to see it!

This is a fantastic idea and I cannot wait to read it.

Always look forward to the newsletter, but this one is going to be very interesting to see

Great idea. True Blue and Caledonia were so awesome while we were there. Courses were in fantastic shape and the staff was so attentive and enthusiastic to anything we needed. I had the opportunity to chat with some of the grounds crew on that Saturday morning as we were heading out to shoot some footage and they were so excited to have the Morgan Cup back there as well. Just an overall fantastic place with even nicer folks working there.

THis is pretty cool. Definitely a nice way to give tribute to the host of some epic events.

Very cool, can't wait. Saw that True Blue got added to I think Golf magazine's top 100 courses to play list this year.

Awesome, this will be a well deserved tribute. Bob and the crew have been amazing the last 3 years.

Can't wait this will be a must read.

Great idea!

The courses look fantastic in all the pics in the MC thread. I'm going to have to get to Pawleys Island again soon. I've never played Caledonia and want to so badly. Played True Blue about 7 years ago but I'm a different golfer now.

I love hearing this and look forward to reading the tribute. Those guys were great to us and deserve it. Caledonia/True Blue remain one of my favorite golf destinations, and I make it back there every year. I hope THP continues to have an event there periodically in the future.

I love this idea. Riding with Josh all weekend, I got to see his interaction with the on-course staff and how awesome they were. Especially the few times (cough-Sunday-cough) that play slowed to an embarrassing crawl.

Also, flying Spirit Airlines (yay?) and not wanting to pay $10 to print my boarding pass at the gate out of principal, the gents at the Pro Shop register let me come behind the counter and log in/check in and print it right there in the True Blue Pro Shop.

A very cool idea, and well deserved for sure, such amazing courses!

Sounds like a fantastic idea and can't wait to read it!

Can't wait to relive everything!

Very much looking forward to this.

Should be a great read. Looking forward to Thursday.

Back