What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-4 on my front 9 today in a warm up for tomorrow and big meet on Monday at Beau desert. Then got home to an email saying I'd been cut from a mid-week jobby, only 0.4 but it all counts.

The driver is back in the bag and the strong 3w is being retired for a while and I'll drop down to my 4w when necessary. I've got a happy bag :thumb:

48-45 for a 93 today. Played pretty much like crap, but I didn't lose any balls, so I have that going for me. Hit 2 or 3 decent tee shots, and two bombs with my 588 fairway wood, and that's about it.

48-45 for a 93 today. Played pretty much like crap, but I didn't lose any balls, so I have that going for me. Hit 2 or 3 decent tee shots, and two bombs with my 588 fairway wood, and that's about it.

Go post in the HHJJ because you got to play golf outside. Haha

Its early, you'll be a-ok this year brother.

Its early, you'll be a-ok this year brother.
I ain't worried. Back to work Sunday and 36 Monday. It'll get better quick.

Really solid round today. Played a course I've never played before. 39/42 for 81. 8/14 fwys. 9/18 GIRs. 17/18 GIRP. 35 putts. 11 pars, 6 bogies, 1 triple bogey. No penalty strokes. 1 fairway bunker hit, 1 greenside bunker hit. Didn't make many putts today but was around the hole all day with them.

83 today, very mixed round
im usually good with my irons and mixed off the tee, but today very good tee shots which left me in some unfamiliar yardages and kind of between irons and when i tried to slow down my swing i just couldnt stop fatting them!
was suprised to see only 83 when i totted up my score

What did you shoot today?

First round of the year this morning and shot 45/44 for an 89.

Ball striking early was catching balls thin and I think that had a lot to do with hitting off mats. The ball striking got a lot better as the round went on.

First round with the Amp Cell driver and love it. Was a little quick with the driver early on but got it dialed in as the round went on.

Overall decent first round but a lot of work to be done.

Played at Fox hollow. 2nd time ever playing it. Shot 46/38 for 84. Oh what could have been if I can ever play a front nine... case of the lefts again on the front. Settled in nicely on the back 2 birdies and 2 doubles rest all pars. Errand tee shot on 18 induced the double. Left the course with a sour taste lol.

Played at Fox hollow. 2nd time ever playing it. Shot 46/38 for 84. Oh what could have been if I can ever play a front nine... case of the lefts again on the front. Settled in nicely on the back 2 birdies and 2 doubles rest all pars. Errand tee shot on 18 induced the double. Left the course with a sour taste lol.

Nice back, dude. You ll get the front on point soon enough. Youre due to bust out

I had a very disappointing 93. Even though I only hit 8 FW today, I hit the ball well off the tee and left me in the first cut. 3 penalty shots from the tee today as well. Had 33 putts today and that should have been somewhere around 27/28 putts today looking at my card. I continue to burn a lot of edges & the putts just are not dropping.

Overall I am not happy with the score, but my lessons are paying off and I am striking the ball well. If I can drop a few more putts I will be back in the 80's where I should be & working towards my goal this year to break 80.

Nice back, dude. You ll get the front on point soon enough. Youre due to bust out

It's all mental. Something is blocking me from playing well on the front. Need to figure it out

It's all mental. Something is blocking me from playing well on the front. Need to figure it out

Life is mental. Just relax. It'll come. You got this

49/41. 7 pars 1 birdie. Had a +5 and a triple that mess up a nice round.

Hard to see you posting a 49 with your swing Phil. You didn't play that bunker seeking ball again did you?

Not to worry, partner. It's good that you got the work in, and it's very early in your season up there. Give it hell on Monday.

I shot a 43, 42: 85 today in round 1 of a club tournament. I actually had a very decent ball striking round. But, the greens were horrible. Our greens were punched last week with the large tines. They have been almost unplayable since. I was sure that the course superintendent would at least roll them this morning so that, maybe, they would not be as bumpy. But, he did not, and every putt was a crap shoot. Just to show how absurd this was, I had a 2-foot putt for par on 18 and it deflected and missed by a foot and a half. I am told that he'll roll them in the morning for round 2. How utterly considerate!

Played 26 holes of good golf today. The bad news is I played 27 holes

On my 18 I shot +6 78 (40/38). Was even going into 8 until I threw a triple on the board. Two shanks. ouch. Really did everything well today on my first 18. 3 birdies, 6 bogeys and a triple.

Played 9 more after a few drinks and had 4 pars and 5 bogeys for a boring 41.

Overall I'm happy with how I played and it was just a perfect day weather wise for it.

that's a tricky course if you don't play there a lot. on of my favorites when I'm in town. Nothing to be upset with 84 there. great job!

Ugh so today I played 10 holes... Shot a 56 (54 with ESC)

First time playing Robert T Lynch in Brookline, MA. They only had 10 holes open. 1,2,3,7,8,11,12,13,17,18. The course was still really wet, my ball was plugging all over the place.

My tried and true most trusted club is my 19* Hybrid well it developed the s%&$#s and not not the runs... put two balls in the drink with it and really screwed up my round.

I could hit everything else okay, and my putting was decent reads were slightly off and I kept burning edges. But the above has me concerned, I'm going to take the next two days off and watch the Master's but I'll get after it on Monday.

Just joined the THP after "guesting" for about a month. You guys rock! Addicting even. Played my 1st round of golf in over 4 years today. Shot a 111 (52/59). It wasn't pretty, but I had a few of those that make you want to keep coming back.

Just joined the THP after "guesting" for about a month. You guys rock! Addicting even. Played my 1st round of golf in over 4 years today. Shot a 111 (52/59). It wasn't pretty, but I had a few of those that make you want to keep coming back.

Not bad after that kind of layoff. Will be dropping like flies as you get back into it.

Welcome to THP and the scores will drop before you know it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397265130.687223.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397265190.443472.jpg

Putter still needs work and shouldn't have practiced with the 60* mid round, or test 6is when you know it's the wrong club.

Driver is coming along nicely, kept it in play all day and launched some great balls with it.

The course was sopping wet and i saw zero roll, This was also on the 3rd(newer) 9 holes first time for the year on it.

Last edited:
40: par, 3 straight bogeys, double, birdie, then three pars to finish. I put my MXM Tank back in the bag today and rolled it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back