Accepting the challenge.

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm not a big fan of chain restaurants or their advertising. The commercials typically make the food look much better than it really is, and usually the quality doesn't justify the price. I've always felt Red Lobster the most blatantly offensive. Those succulent lobsters, crab legs, and shrimp you see on TV? Not what you get on your plate.

Howevahhhh....when I see the commercial advertising the Endless Shrimp special, I take it as a personal challenge. They're taunting, "come on in, sucker, pay the $16.00 for our crappy shrimp. You can't eat enough to hurt us."

I do not back down from such a challenge. Today, by promising some post dinner shopping time in the mall across from Red Lobster, I convinced my females to accompany me for an assault on shrimp. They brought their patience to Red Lobster, I brought my appetite.

We took our seats in a tight booth and all three of us ordered the shrimp. They try to fill you up with their cheddar biscuits and cole slaw or salad. Fine. Bring 'em on. I scarfed two biscuits, and a goodly bowl of slaw before the first batch of shrimp hit the table. Just to mess with them and let them think they had a chance, I asked for a side of langostino mashed potatoes to go with the scampi and parmesan crusted shrimp I ordered first. After they were gone, I ordered hand breaded and wood grilled. Boom! Inhaled those and ordered scampi and wood grilled. Down the hatch. See you tomorrow shrimp.

Since none of the shrimp are fantastic I settled in and just kept ordering the scampi. Little shrimp in a hot butter garlic wine sauce? How bad can it be? Oh sure, they take their time bringing them. They bring more of those biscuits for "while you're waiting". Okay, bring more biscuits. I'll eat the damn things "while I'm waiting". They're good.

By the time the mountain of tails was finally built, I had eaten six or seven cheddar biscuits, the order of langostino mashed potatoes, the bowl of cole slaw, and their little stinking shrimp easily into the triple digits. Washed it all down with four Diet Cokes. I could have eaten more just to stick it to them, I did nail them with a $4.00 off coupon, but the females wanted to get to the shopping. The waitress was chuckling by the end. I tipped her well.

Take that Red Lobster. Now you know how Olive Garden felt when I crushed it for the Never Ending Pasta Bowl a couple of weeks back. Stupid chain restaurants.

Kevin

This is a tale of epic proportions. Get it? hehe

Well done sir. Even if I had starved myself for the entire day, I'm not sure I could've dealt a blow like you!

I think you and my FIL would get along great.

Good story, thanks! I like how you ordered the Diet Coke, you gotta even everything out right? Kinda makes up for the 7 biscuits! haha

If I do nothing else the rest of my life, I want to spend a day with Kevin. You would be bored sick man, but I'd love every minute just listening to you. I hope you have an accent, lol.

Haha this awesome! I have a feeling you have a ton of stories of your past. We should make an Esox story time thread, it would never get old! lol

i've always wanted to try this myself, and i want to thank you, sir, for officially becomming my hero only hours before the ryder cup commences. those biscuits are good. way to stick it to the man! i think it sucks you had to walk around a mall immediately after your battle with all that grease, i only hope there wasn't accidents of epic proportions.

Nice one, Kevin. You're the type of guy I'd take to a Brazilian rodizio because as much as they would like to fill us with that salad bar they know that on our table that peg will always be green.

Esox- The most interesting Man in the world...

I may not always eat shrimp, but when I do- I make CFOs cry.

LMAO off at "Down the hatch. See you tomorrow shrimp."

+1
If I do nothing else the rest of my life, I want to spend a day with Kevin. You would be bored sick man, but I'd love every minute just listening to you. I hope you have an accent, lol.

I always enjoy your posts Kevin and now I think I would enjoy hitting an all you can eat with you as well.

Nice one, Kevin. You're the type of guy I'd take to a Brazilian rodizio because as much as they would like to fill us with that salad bar they know that on our table that peg will always be green.

I've been on a bunch of occasions. We have one here in Beertown called Sabor. We went a couple months ago. Had the meat sweats for a day or so after. Good times.

evin

Lmfao. I love this story! Olive Garden tried bringing pasta bowls slowly to me the other week. I hate how they do that.

Good thing you beat them at their own game. Congrats Kevin!

Waffle House right now has AYCE for $5.99 with drinks $0.99 extra....ready for your next challenge?

Kevin,
If you are ever ready for your next challenge and find yourself in our area, there is a wonderful All You Can Eat opportunity on Tuesday nights. Local BBQ place that is simply OUTSTANDING does all you can eat Baby Back Ribs on Tuesday nights for 19.99. Gets you all the sides you want as well. You never have to have to wait, there is always another rack waiting for you. But the best part is, the food is fantastic!

I am down for that!

Great story Esox!!! I too was laughing at ".....see you tomorrow shrimp" I am headed out in a couple of hours to Olive Garden to enjoy the never ending pasta bowl. If it is a good story I will share here.

Old Sox reminds me of my friend in Georgia whose name is Bubba Grimes. A man who knows the skill of putting down a few shrimps :hungry:.. Bubba buys his fresh off the shrimp boat from the coastal waters near Jeykll Island.

Kevin,
If you are ever ready for your next challenge and find yourself in our area, there is a wonderful All You Can Eat opportunity on Tuesday nights. Local BBQ place that is simply OUTSTANDING does all you can eat Baby Back Ribs on Tuesday nights for 19.99. Gets you all the sides you want as well. You never have to have to wait, there is always another rack waiting for you. But the best part is, the food is fantastic!

They'd need to bring an extra dumpster that day for the bones. I don't like 'em too saucy, though. The rub should do the job, then maybe a little sauce so they slide down a little easier.

I am down for that!

Great story Esox!!! I too was laughing at ".....see you tomorrow shrimp" I am headed out in a couple of hours to Olive Garden to enjoy the never ending pasta bowl. If it is a good story I will share here.

The new creamy portabello sauce is quite good. I'm not a fan of their red sauces, but the last time we went I portabelloed and alfredoed the hell out of them. They have good iced tea, too.

Kevin

They dont put any sauce on them. Just rub. They have sauce on the tables for people. And giant aluminum cans for the bones.

The new creamy portabello sauce is quite good. I'm not a fan of their red sauces, but the last time we went I portabelloed and alfredoed the hell out of them. They have good iced tea, too.

Kevin

I am the opposite, not a fan of the alfredo sauces, now the chianti 3 meat looks interesting with some Angel Hair!

They dont put any sauce on them. Just rub. They have sauce on the tables for people. And giant aluminum cans for the bones.

Bingo. Real BBQ. My buddy owns a huge smoker, and is part of a team that travels around and competes. Your place sounds right down my fairway.

I am the opposite, not a fan of the alfredo sauces, now the chianti 3 meat looks interesting with some Angel Hair!

My wife liked that one a lot. I didn't try it. I know it's in a sauce, but Chianti makes me pucker.

Kevin

kev i love reading every post you make on here... always entertaining
but now i wanna go to an all you can eat buffet somewhere and its not even 9am

Kevin
keep up the good work
it's been ages but me and a buddy(and I'm sure some peeps like you) stopped the AYCE taco night at a local resturant in a matter of a month.
I gave up the challenge of AYCE after I started to resemble a beached manatee when I layed on the floor with my shirt off but it's refreshing to see others are still in the fight.
Jeff

Back