Golfers who make your squirm!

Oh man its the cheaters for me, last week i played a 2 on 2 best ball. My partner has only been playing for a month and i have only been playing for 1.5 years. The 2 we were playing have been playing golf since hi school and they are 36 and 37 years old. We were only playing $2 a hole (18 holes)and, we were tied going into #18. Both teams had good drives i hit our approach on the green but, 50 ft from the hole they hit thier approach on the fringe. They got to the green first cause me and my partner were looking for his ball. They thot no one was looking but i was and, i saw them move thier approach from the fringe to, on the green 10 ft from the hole. I mean REALLY some people will cheat for $36 and, i even said "hey wasnt your ball on the fringe" , LOL. I got silence, they had been running thier mouth all day about how great they are at this game and, now they dont wanna talk, LMAO. Some people man its just embarrassing that they call themselves golfers. I will NEVER play golf with those cheats again.

I have a hard time playing with slow players and whiners. It doesn't affect my game as much as make me embarrassed.

Oh man its the cheaters for me, last week i played a 2 on 2 best ball. My partner has only been playing for a month and i have only been playing for 1.5 years. The 2 we were playing have been playing golf since hi school and they are 36 and 37 years old. We were only playing $2 a hole (18 holes)and, we were tied going into #18. Both teams had good drives i hit our approach on the green but, 50 ft from the hole they hit thier approach on the fringe. They got to the green first cause me and my partner were looking for his ball. They thot no one was looking but i was and, i saw them move thier approach from the fringe to, on the green 10 ft from the hole. I mean REALLY some people will cheat for $36 and, i even said "hey wasnt your ball on the fringe" , LOL. I got silence, they had been running thier mouth all day about how great they are at this game and, now they dont wanna talk, LMAO. Some people man its just embarrassing that they call themselves golfers. I will NEVER play golf with those cheats again.

thats wrong, something like that would set me off....run to bag, grab superfast 2.0 and hunt them down!

he is a jerk an i never want to play with him ever again but the stories you hear are hilarious
you cant even imagine what he says to african americans he's paired up with lol

Well, I can take a lot of crap, but racism, is not something I will put up with. While I have not really been a victim first hand, my father has told me stories about what my grandparents went through back when they were young living in Chicago having just immigrated from Ireland. I know my father has at least one knuckle scar from some fellows tooth who made the mistake of calling him a derogatory name when he was young. Dad said he played a game of "smack mouth" with the guy. We all came from somewhere, unless of course you are a native american. The world is full of clueless people.

I have two ppl that I hate playing with because they have no clue. I do the deed because they are friends but when they call to play I always cringe .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played with a random guy last weekend who was soooooooo slow. He took about 10 practice swings then approached the ball took about 5 more practice swings, the waggled for a good 15 seconds. ughhhhh....

There is a guy in my league that will suck down a pint of whiskey and wash that down with another six beers. He wonders why he can never find his ball or why he is playing like crap. He does this every week. I avoid playing with him at the best I can. The thing that gets me is after drinking all that he goes and drinks a few more at the club house and drives home like he is sober. Oh yeah he also smokes weed while he plays too.

There is a guy in my league that will suck down a pint of whiskey and wash that down with another six beers. He wonders why he can never find his ball or why he is playing like crap. He does this every week. I avoid playing with him at the best I can. The thing that gets me is after drinking all that he goes and drinks a few more at the club house and drives home like he is sober. Oh yeah he also smokes weed while he plays too.

You mean there is only one guy like that at your course?:D

Isnt this what happens at every golf club across america? It is certainly more than 1 guy at mine.:drinks:

Last edited:
People who cheat on their handicap...You know the ones (I have a few in my group)....They shoot an 84 but post a 92..Or they will have a real good round going and tell you that a member of their 4-some gave them a putt on 17 or 18 so the round can't be official...These guys want inflated handicaps because they play a lot of tournament golf...Cheating is cheating...Oh, and the guy who fluffs in the rough....

Playing with people you REALLY like but who are REALLY slow. I try to set a good example and end up trying to play fast enough to make up for their slowness.

I want to say something but I once ruined a friendship by trying to correct a friends bad behavior on the course. I encourage the pro to handle the issue.

That's where myself and another friend are with our buddy. He was once a good player, playing to about a 3 or 4, but injury and severe weight-gain have drastically altered his game for the worse.

He's now painfully slow. Not just over every shot, but with everything that he does. But as to how long it takes him to hit a ball? From the point my other two buddies put their tees in the ground until they hit, is roughly only 7 to 10 seconds. For the worst among us? Anywhere from 35 to 50 seconds. His approach shots are similar but with his tee shots, if he happens to readjust his tee height... the clock resets. That's WAY TOO MUCH TIME to wait for someone to hit over the course of a round!!!

One guy's had it and told him as much. I'm next. Played with him yesterday and it was brutal. Love the guy, off the course he's awesome. But on it, he's not only tough to play with as to the time thing, but he's gotten very nasty due to his disatisfaction over his own play.

And he's absolutely amazed that any of us thinks he's a slow player. Baffling.

The group ahead standing around watching each other hit instead of each going to their ball and hitting all at about the same time. Or like last week stopping to take a group picture on every other hole. Idiots. And there is the guy who for some inexplicable reason picks up my ball in the middle of the fairway and sticks it in his pocket. In the meantime I am looking all over for it and finally he says "Oh is this your ball" He said he didn't think it belonged to our group because it was 50 yards ahead of their tee shots, idiot.

Occasionally play with people who makes silly comments. I hate that. Hit a poor shot and you get "intention was good". Thanks genius. People who make swing-related comments also get on my nerves. "Yeah you were a bit quick with your hips there" and the like when they can't hit a slice on demand. That ticks me off.

As a high HC player, I get LOTS of advise from other players on the course some of it is even good. My favorite is a guy at my course that likes to say he is single digit, and can play with anyone. Then he steps up to the tee, and shanks it into the rough. Goes to the balls fluffs it up and tops it. Green side, his chips are either chunky 2 footers, or skulled rockets. He's a decent putter thank goodness for him. But when I'm spanking you all over the course, please don't tell me how to change my swing and especially when your's is so fugly!

I played with an older gentleman a few months ago who was just giving me advice right and left. This was very annoying, but he did make some good points that I used, but he also gave me some bad pointers that ran contrary to what my GolfTec coach taught me. I did miserably on the front and he did alright.

When we get to the back, he says, "want to make this interesting?" I said, "Yes sir, I would love to." we played a dollar a hole, dollar birdies, dollar GIR on the par 3 holes. I ran the table on him! He only beat me in one hole and I won the rest or we halved. It was awesome! I felt like a golf shark. I shut him up pretty good.

To tell the truth, I am just lucky that my game turned around at the turn. Still, e doesn't have to know that haha.

TapaTalk: More addictive than crack and World of Warcraft.

1. Slow players - play with a guy that stands over a putt for minutes....I could eat lunch by the time he made his stroke.
2. Plumb Bobbers - Serious people....it's not the 80's anymore so drop the act.
3. Non Talkers - Players that don't say a word on the golf course....let's have some fun out there!!
4. No Compliments - Play with another guy that never says. "good shot" or "good putt" for anyone but we all say it when he has 'em. It's gotten to a point where I don't say anything to him now because I know he's not going to acknowledge anyone else. Weird......

Drunks. Thats about it.

The friend of mine that got me hooked on golf-I just can't play with him very often. Drives the cart like he's qualifying for the 'Hacker 500' even when he's sober. Faster group behind us he'll whine about how 'rude' they are instead of letting them play through. I could go on but I'm in a good mood this morning.

Also...He. never. shuts. up. Adds at least 10 strokes to my game.

I think it bugs him a little that I improved much faster than him. Beat him for the first time about a month after starting to play and I never looked back.

Last round I played with him he almost got a sand wedge launched into his ribcage. About to hit out of a bunker and halfway into the backswing, out of nowhere, I hear him yell "don't ground your club!".

Everytime I play with this Hawk guy he's always telling me what I'm doing wrong. Sometimes I wanna hit him in the goners with my Driver. Avoid this guy at all costs.

I consider myself to be in the learning phase of the game. Alot of players out there that are much better than I am, but I have run into the "free instructor" types and they get pretty annoying at times. The one thing that always gets to me is when you play a course with 5 different tees to choose from and they put you with someone who has got it in their head to play from "the tips" and can barely reach the fairway. Last week I played with such a guy and his buddy. I tee off from the middle tees, they go from "the tips" and hack their way around the course for the next 5 1/2 hours! To top it all off they both claim to have a handicap under 10. The course was packed so I couldn't leave them after 9 holes. Torture.

Its usually the guy who is drunk as could possibly be, and somehow manages to shoot better than bogey, and brags the whole way there. "I hit a 7 iron, what are you doing hitting a 6 iron?" Or, "I just crushed that driver past yours by 15 yards." I always just think to myself, how is this drunk dude keeping up with me, how is he even standing up.

Its usually the guy who is drunk as could possibly be, and somehow manages to shoot better than bogey, and brags the whole way there. "I hit a 7 iron, what are you doing hitting a 6 iron?" Or, "I just crushed that driver past yours by 15 yards." I always just think to myself, how is this drunk dude keeping up with me, how is he even standing up.

Was that you? Sorry man. :D

You mean there is only one guy like that at your course?:D

No there is others that drink and smoke but they don't bother me like this guy does.

Got a guy on one of our trips who will give you the pre-play (what he is gonna do) then the replay (what he did) and why what he did didnt match what he said he was gonna do and you usually get all this while u are trying to make your swing. He's also good for doing things like when we get to a tee with water all the way down the right side saying something like "man wouldn't want to hit a slice here"... Thanks I'll just throw my tee shot in the water now

Back