What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started strong and ran out of gas on the back. Still feel good, three days walking 18. 35-41 76 and my team finished in first. Good weekend, 73 76. That index will be coming back down.

Wow! Those are great scores! Congrats on the win!

Are you still on the one handed putting train? 29 putts is super low! Especially one handed :D

Good memory Doc :D No actually I went to the "Claw" and it has been phenomenal for me!

Started strong and ran out of gas on the back. Still feel good, three days walking 18. 35-41 76 and my team finished in first. Good weekend, 73 76. That index will be coming back down.

Strong scoring Lefty, pretty impressive for someone recuperating. WTG

Good memory Doc :D No actually I went to the "Claw" and it has been phenomenal for me!

I can vouch. I particularly liked the one from 8 yards off the green that ended up about 18" from the hole. :dazed:

I finally, FINALLY had a decent round. Two double bogeys to end of the front 9 (42), and a solid 38 on the back. First 80 of the year, and first 9 under 40 of the year.

No complaints from me!!!

Great golfing Lefty! You playing in a golf league this summer?

Not a league, our regular weekend golf group has as many as 24. We had 24 yesterday and 16 today. It is pretty competitive since we play full handicaps and all scores count. Not much money changes hands but bragging rights are always important.

Strong scoring Lefty, pretty impressive for someone recuperating. WTG

Thanks, it feels so good to be able to walk pain free and play the game we love.

Not a league, our regular weekend golf group has as many as 24. We had 24 yesterday and 16 today. It is pretty competitive since we play full handicaps and all scores count. Not much money changes hands but bragging rights are always important.

I got ya. You need to come to our Fall Georgia get together in Blairsville, Ga. this October!

I can vouch. I particularly liked the one from 8 yards off the green that ended up about 18" from the hole. :dazed:

That was a great putt, KellyBo had almost hit her drive on the green, and OG almost made the eagle putt. They were doing the teamwork thing to perfection yesterday.

That's what I'm talking bout! Well done partner :clapp:..

I shot 82 with 29 putts! Guest what, my FIR's sucked big time. I was scrambling all day and if not for my putter & wedges around the green it could have gone ugly. I would have never imagined one putting so many times in my last three rounds. Now if I can keep it out of the woods it might get interesting. I will pull out another driver tomorrow to see if I can keep it between the trees more often.

Great putting! I feel like I have had a good day if I have 32-34 putts!

well round 2 of the tourney was today, an uninspiring 91.

Driver was off today, short game was solid

So then I tortured myself and played another 18

Shot 46 on the front and then a 40 on the back, had 1 birdie on the back and at least 4 shots at birdie. threw away a shot on the last hole and just missed a putt for a 39. Driver was better btu I hit a few irons off the tee solid.

36 more tomorrow!!

WElp!, I've been playing so well lately that I was bound to have an embarrassing round. Went out with a bunch of buddies today and shot a 115, my front nine was mediocre and my back 9 was abysmal. I just couldn't hit my wedges and easily wasted 10-12 shots off my score. The only clubs that proved successful today were my hybrids and long irons (4-5). But I live to fight another day.

shot a 89, greens were the fastest i ever played, had my second birdie of the year, chipped in from 20 yards on a downslope in the rough!! felt good, but my irons and putting were on point today!!

Shot a not so good 82 (40, 42). Driver was unimpressive. The putter I bought a week or so ago was money. Left 4-5 birdie putts a couple inches from the cup. Need to figure out how to put it all together and get back around par.

WElp!, I've been playing so well lately that I was bound to have an embarrassing round. Went out with a bunch of buddies today and shot a 115, my front nine was mediocre and my back 9 was abysmal. I just couldn't hit my wedges and easily wasted 10-12 shots off my score. The only clubs that proved successful today were my hybrids and long irons (4-5). But I live to fight another day.

Hang in there buddy, you swing too good for that to happen again soon.

Shot a slightly upsetting 101 today. I say slightly because the greens were absolutely abysmal today... so much so that two of the holes had "replacement" greens and pins in front of the actual greens so not only was I putting on a ridiculous surface, but I also did not have proper yardage markers to go by on two holes. The driver was not working AT ALL today as the slice was once again rearing its ugly head. Had a couple of great shots with the hybrid though including my second on a 475 yard par 5 from the right rough with the ball well below my feet that I actually tagged well enough to get on in two! Missed the eagle putt but made birdie...

Played at River Forest today with the ladies and shot an 89. It's hard to go from SLOW Bermuda to lightning fast bent-grass in one day. I made so many 3 putts it wasn't even funny. My biggest problem was I was afraid to hit the ball and left so many short.

Played Bois de Sioux today, just the front nine. Shot a 45. I've been out 8 times and shot six 45's and two 44's. My driver was way off today. I couldn't hit it straight to save my life!!!

Rained out.:disapointed::disapointed:

89, with a triple on 18 :angry::at-wits-end::angry:

It's ok buddy!! It happens. I played like I normally do 107. Had a few pars and a 9!!!! Oh well I'm gettin there if I could just stop those damn shots that go 3 feet in front of me!!!! Lol oh well it was fun! Well have to do it again!

I brought it big, for me, at league last night. My mid iron's were acting up and the driver was so so, but timely putts and some great short iron's kept me in the game. 42 for my pre-round with no warm up, in fact I just got off the road from work still in my slacks and work shoes, lol. Ran to the box and met my buddies just in time. First couple holes sucked, but I reeled it in pretty quickly and by the time league started I was off.

Shotgun start off #9 hole, I stuck my 6i against the wind 155yds to 8", uphill putt for bird, yeah! From there it was up and down, but made the round with a 39 to win the match!
A few days old, very nice duey!

In all fairness to Tiger, he sucks.

Kevin
Fixed.

I shot an 83 today. Not bad considering that I couldn't putt to save my life. Everything was just short all day, it was pretty wet early on and I just struggled to get the ball to the hole. I did finish decent with 4 straight pars and as it dried out I started to roll the ball a little better, but man it was ugly for a while there.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I know for a fact you have a 75 in ya! It'll come around for ya P4B.

I shot a disappointing 79 on an easy par 70 course, vs my dads 94. It was a fantastic day!
And happy freakin' birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back