2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit pricier than PGA National, but it looks like an awesome place! This is def. something I don't plan on missing! My GF is all for it. guess we will start saving now for it!

Glad to hear you guys are planning on going, the bear trap was not the same with out you!!

A bit pricier than PGA National, but it looks like an awesome place! This is def. something I don't plan on missing! My GF is all for it. guess we will start saving now for it!

Danilo,
When you break down the trip with multiple rounds of golf as well as food, I think many will find that Grand Cypress ends up being a less expensive option this year.

We haven't had anyone bring a child yet but we have definitely had non golfing wives so hopefully someone can jump in and let us know if they were bored. Although, I think there will be a whole lot more to do in Orlando...especially with a little one.

Erica had a good time at PGA National, but she is a big fan of just laying at the pool. She enjoyed the company at night and we were usually done golfing by early afternoon.

I agree GG. I'm not sure if the little girl would be ready for Disney World yet but I may see if my wife wants to invite another friend or couple to hang out with. Ya never know!
We took my son to DW when he was five. He had a blast.

I have not got to weigh in that much, but this sounds like a completely fantastic opportunity! The price is not bad at all when you take all things into consideration. I have a year to get ready and I won't be missing this one.

I have not got to weigh in that much, but this sounds like a completely fantastic opportunity! The price is not bad at all when you take all things into consideration. I have a year to get ready and I won't be missing this one.

I hope that is true, looking forward to seeing you Seth!

Question to those of you who have attended golf trips in the past, and have had to fly a long way.

How do you go about transporting your clubs? JB mentions in his CA golf trip thread that he his shipping his.
Would it be best for me to ship my clubs from Canada? (Honestly that bill just scares me), or is flying them down a legit option with a proper case.

From Canada, I recommend packing them well and bringing them with you. Travel cases have gotten quite good and when I went to Bandon Dunes late last year my clubs came with me on the plane (no time to ship), and were absolutely perfect still.

From Canada, I recommend packing them well and bringing them with you. Travel cases have gotten quite good and when I went to Bandon Dunes late last year my clubs came with me on the plane (no time to ship), and were absolutely perfect still.

Agreed, I took my clubs with me in a travel case, and other than Continental breaking too of the clasps that hold the case together it was by far the cheapest and easiest way to get them there.

I haven't noticed any reviews on travel cases, are there any that I should keep an eye on for them to come on sale?
The only item I have noticed being mentioned is the Bag Boy Strong Arm (?), and towels around all the shafts.

Question to those of you who have attended golf trips in the past, and have had to fly a long way.

How do you go about transporting your clubs? JB mentions in his CA golf trip thread that he his shipping his.
Would it be best for me to ship my clubs from Canada? (Honestly that bill just scares me), or is flying them down a legit option with a proper case.

AG and I packed our both times now. On the first trip back, AG's bag got squished (clubs were fine) but on our last trip both our bags came back just fine. I think you'd be just fine RF.

I haven't noticed any reviews on travel cases, are there any that I should keep an eye on for them to come on sale?
The only item I have noticed being mentioned is the Bag Boy Strong Arm (?), and towels around all the shafts.

I have a TM one that I really like. Look up a thread where ChunkyLover talks about his Wilson Staff travel bag he won on THP. That thing is AWESOME!

I have a TM one that I really like. Look up a thread where Yorkem's Friend talks about his Wilson Staff travel bag he won on THP. That thing is AWESOME!

FIFY!!

I cant believe how close we are getting to signup.

GG and I were out at Grand Cypress yesterday and the place looks INCREDIBLE again. Perfectly manicured and right up the alley for THPers and the standards that we have set for THP Outings. Watching the LPGA Tour Championship this year might be a little different for some...hehe

I love how many people are so excited for the sign up in a few days and you will not be dissapointed in what the event is like once you arrive. Everyone is as nice as you imagine them to be, and JB and GG are great people who put on the best golf weekend you will ever have. I'm 99% sure I will be in on this one as well.

I'm pretty sure as well. It sure would be grand to continue the insightful conversations we had Coolbreeze.

I love how many people are so excited for the sign up in a few days and you will not be dissapointed in what the event is like once you arrive. Everyone is as nice as you imagine them to be, and JB and GG are great people who put on the best golf weekend you will ever have. I'm 99% sure I will be in on this one as well.

Are you going to go next year?

I'm pretty sure as well. It sure would be grand to continue the insightful conversations we had Coolbreeze.

Grand it would be! Its not a question really whether my hair and I will be there to continue our fun buddy, but whether or not Mrs Coolbreeze would like to attend also.

Lol. Your hair better be there. Don't let the hate make you cut that!

Ill be there 100%. I mean where else can I hit every worthy forged blade known to man!

Grand it would be! Its not a question really whether my hair and I will be there to continue our fun buddy, but whether or not Mrs Coolbreeze would like to attend also.

8 days until sigh up!!! woohoooo

I think you mean the stiff-arm from club glove. I have used the stiff arm and a club glove bag for the last two years and have had absolutely no problems whatsoever. Bag is big enough to store extra stuff so I avoid some bag fees by the airlines

The 2012 outing may not be an option for KellyBo and I . With the sign up coming in a few days I have had three issues come up. They seem to come in threes huh? Anyway my son had surgery recently and although the cost was not huge by any means, I have that to deal with. My Mom passing away put some extra financial dealings on me as the executor of the will. Then finally yesterday my truck died on me. I am calling AAA this morning to get it hauled to our local mechanic for evaluation. Maybe it's something not too costly to repair so my fingers are crossed on that one. Having to plunge down an extra $400 + bucks on June 8th may not be wise for me until other issues are resolved.

If KellyBo and I do not make the cut and I would bet on the 50 or so slots being filled really quickly this year, we will definitely be excited for the ones that do get in. It is truly an experience of a lifetime and the friends you make will become family. Don't miss it!

Sorry to hear that OG; hope everything works out in time.

7 DAYS until signup starts!!! :banana:

The 2012 outing may not be an option for KellyBo and I . With the sign up coming in a few days I have had three issues come up. They seem to come in threes huh? Anyway my son had surgery recently and although the cost was not huge by any means, I have that to deal with. My Mom passing away put some extra financial dealings on me as the executor of the will. Then finally yesterday my truck died on me. I am calling AAA this morning to get it hauled to our local mechanic for evaluation. Maybe it's something not too costly to repair so my fingers are crossed on that one. Having to plunge down an extra $400 + bucks on June 8th may not be wise for me until other issues are resolved.

If KellyBo and I do not make the cut and I would bet on the 50 or so slots being filled really quickly this year, we will definitely be excited for the ones that do get in. It is truly an experience of a lifetime and the friends you make will become family. Don't miss it!

So sorry to hear that OG. I hope you can get everything worked out so that you and KB can be there. Besides, you still owe me a round of golf since you backed out on the second round Saturday this year. JK, but I do hope you can get there, and I would love to tee it up with you some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back