What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played to par after 9 and got a call from the wife that we had to be downtown in 2hrs and I had to Shower and dress. CRAP, hate leaving in the middle of a memorable round.
Do have a mini tourney with a small group of 16 tomorrow. Hope I can start off where I left off.

Today was a weird weird day out there. I played a course I don't play often and it is quiet challenging, I was driving the ball, great again today, and my short game was fantastic, I just couldn't hit my irons for the first 14 holes. I figured out what I was doing at that point, and then I finished by paring in. At the end of the day it was a 46, 40 for an 86 which is good I guess for what was a bad day with the irons.

Nice back 9 breeze, hope it carries over to your next round where you can go low man.

Thanks Dent, last time out was an 40, 42 so three good 9's out of 4 aint' bad.

I played 9 after work shot a 45. 1 par a double and the rest bogeys. I had another good day with the driver hit 4 fairways but 2 of those were with my hybrid. 2 girs today when I played Wednesday I didn't have any girs.

So, a couple of us caddies went out after work and played 18 today. WOW. What a day! I shot a 40 on the front. I shot a 38 on the back. 78. First time I broke 80 this year! I was hitting decent drives but my irons and short game were completely on point. I drained a few long putts and just had an all-around awesome day.

I'm on a rough streak. Played 4 straight days last weekend.

84, 84, 80, 82.

Played on a business trip at Wintonbury Hills in Conn. Another f'ing 84 but it was in seriously bad wind. Gusts of 30-40mph.

Playing again Sunday. Gotta get back in the 70's.

Shot a pretty lazy 42 today... Lost a couple strokes overshooting the greens with my new wedges (still dialing in the distances) and my putting was atrocious.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

Congrats on gettng on the "right side of 100". A 95 is a great score, and with me shooting a 101 this past weekend I am glad to see I am not too far off from you my friend!! A real bummer about the guy playing with you. Nice to see the turkeys followed you around, they must look at you and see something familiar. hehehehe

Smart@$$! Today was the first day since I started at golftec that I just played golf. No obsessing over swing thoughts, no over analyzing everything. Man it felt good, the scores will come. Glad you are doing better too, if you shot that low you must've played a course with no water :p

--
tapatalk

Rhino and water do not mix. I swear that if there is a 3 inch puddle of standing water, Rhino will find it.

I played in a high school charity tourney yesterday and it was a lot of fun.

The course was long but open and in great shape. I would love to play the course again now that I've played it once. There were a few holes that I would totally change my strategy. I shot 79 and lost 5 shots in the bunkers. I left every bunker shot way short. The sand was SO fluffy compared to my home course that I just wasn't swinging hard enough to get the ball to the hole.

It was fun playing with the kids and cool that the money went to fund a high school golf program.

I only got to play two holes today, but was even par, bogeyed #1, birdied #2. We ended up leaving after two holes because it was taking FOREVER and the guys in front of us were just adding to it. Literally these two guys would take 15-20 practice swings before hitting their shot. At one point they were just sitting it their cart in the middle of the fairway, chatting or something. The green was open and they were only 230 from the tee so we couldn't go. As tempting as it was to hit into them, I could never do that. They were only about a half a hole behind so we felt more comfortable leaving than asking to play through. I'm not into 3 hour 9 hole rounds.

Beautiful day out but terribly frustrating day on the golf course.

Last Thursday, I shot my worst 9 hole round of the year with a 46.
I was(am) still on Midnight shift, so I am sure my 5.5hr "nap" had something to do with it.
It was also 99* out with a heat index of 106*.
I decided to ride in a cart for the league which was a big mistake. I think I would rather be hot and sweaty but in a rhythm than riding directly up to my ball, hitting and moving on...I think the walking gives me time to analyze the shot in my head...
This was the first time in 5 years that my temper really flared and of course that just contributed to the downslide...

All in all, I learned a lot from that day...mostly the fact that you just have to play one hole at a time and leave the bad ones behind....(easier said than done)

Had a wicked headache when I got home, so this is a "what did I shoot YESTERDAY" LOL

Played the front 9 of my home course with a friend who wants to get into golf. I was impressed with him, and he even had a par putt on #3 (Unfortunately, he 3 putted).
He wanted to keep score, and he shot a 69. not bad for the first time out.

I left several shots out there but brought in a 43. I left 4 par putts within a foot. AGGERVATION.

I am going out to play 18 in about an hour. Will report back afterwards....

NGI, first round.

Got off to a bad start, missed a 2 foot birdie putt on #1 then three-jacked #2 so I'm one over instead of one under after 2. And that's the way the day went. Putted poorly and shot 40-41 81. I am in the middle of the flight with some ground to make up tomorrow. I'm guessing 72 tomorrow would put me in the money.

NGI, second round.

Today was similar to yesterday in that the putts weren't falling. 39-40 79. This put me in the middle of the flight, eight guys ahead of me and I beat eight guys. Two day total 160 and 156 would have put me in the money.

Oh well, there is always next year.

Last edited:
44-43 =87:banghead:

I shot 40 + 36 yesterday.

I'm on my way out the door to try it again.

I shot 42/46 for an 88 today. I wasn't getting off the tee very well but my putting was still very good. I made 3 over 12 feet and still looking at the hole while putting.

A horrible 49 going out; then somehow it kicked in and pulled a 41 coming in. Could've been in the low 80s.
Stupid game.

At Rolling Greens in NJ i shot a 42/38. Very good off the tee. Didnt miss a single fairway. Hit a few good
Iron shots but not enough. I am
Still very happy with an 80. Par is 65 there. First time I gamed the Bridgestone e6 balls and i absolutely love them. Never thought I would
Notice the difference but i certainly
Did off the tee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot a frustrating 42 today. Not a bad score for my handicap, but a bad score for how I have been playing recently. It was ugly, I just couldn't hit a green in regulation, I think I hit 3/9. I was just missing slightly one side or another, and I didn't put too well either. Oh well, went to the practice area after my 9 and worked on the swing a little bit. Playing 18 tomorrow, so hopefully I play better. Another day.

a frustrating 101...

Shot 82 today, but it could have been in the 70s had it not been for an atrocious back nine that was only saved by 2 beautiful 20 footers for par.
40 (+3)/42(+8) = 82. 31 putts (15/16)

I shot bogey golf. Par 30, shot 39. Couple blow up holes, but the rest was pretty good. Starting to round the corner

Shot an 88 with 44's on both sides. Driver just didnt show up today so I opted for hybrids. Chipping was just ok but putting was pretty good. I am sure my chipping today cost me 4 strokes, but I was satisfied with the score. Looking to take a few more strokes off and I am concentrating more on my chipping more but still need more work. Changed my set up a bit and was hitting my hybrids really well today which is what kept me in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back