Golf Club Restaurants

No restaurant on my home course, just a place to buy a soda or water and a few balls. This is an area most courses in Norway could do a much better job, very few of them have a decent restaurant.

My home course has a very small flat plate where they cook hot dogs and burgers. I read a review about the course online and most people complained about what little the clubhouse had to offer. I have talked to the owner about upgrades and how they would benefit from them, but they don't seem concerned. This little course is actually one of few courses around that is still making good $$.

The course I've been playing quite a bit had a very highly regarded restaurant when it was private. Not so sure about it now. I rarely eat at the course. I thought the restaurants at PGA National were pretty amazing. Also, I enjoyed the breakfast I had at Grand Cypress. Wish I had more time for those kinds of things, but I expect that will change in the coming years.

basic bar meals and home cooked stuff like chilli, curry etc.

good eating, and super cheap. they do a golfers grill and i couldnt buy the stuff for the price they charge.

dont think i would change much, im not looking for a 3 course meal after a round, just a decent quality bite to eat. we often have lunch prior to a round as well and its more light sandwiches or grills.

we also get discount as members which cant be bad.

My "club's" proshop is a trailer. Yes a trailer. They have small kitchen and conjure up the usually snack shop fare. Another course nearby that I attend somewhat regularly has a STELLAR restaurant, and the course my work league is based also has a great restaurant. I would call the first restaurant mentioned more of a fine dining experience and they have separate seating areas for members vs. golfers due to dress, but my work league course is definitely more casual dining.

The club where I played the scramble yesterday was crazy with their setup for their restaurant. I think they had 3 different restaurants, like a resort almost, each offering different cuisine in a mostly fine dining environment.

I eat there everyday and am pretty tired of it though. I am a pretty picky eater though so I don't like much. We have an upstairs restaurant and then a closed off area for fancier dinners.

I am blowing my money there eating everyday.

Our restaurant serves simple, but good fair. I don't drink, but we have a good bar and nice selection.

Ours has good breakfasts with ok lunch and dinners. Great place to go if my wife doesn't want to cook.

I live in Baton Rouge, about 10 minutes from Santa Maria course if you have ever been there.
Copper takes me about 30-40 minutes to get there but I do enjoy their course because of the way they set it up. 6 par 3's, 6 par 4's and 6 par 5's make for a very fun 18 holes of golf!

I just played Santa Maria Monday! I'm actually about 25 minutes from there.
Yea I love Copper Mill's setup.

I've dined at the Grand Cypress and it is great! A little something for everyone...you two will enjoy yourselves...

Does your club have a restaurant? Do you like what they offer? Our previous club had a grill room and bar type of restaurant and it was okay, but prior to that the club we were members at had the grill and bar as well as a fine dining restaurant that was outstanding for those special occasions.

Grand Cypress has this great grill and bar that has a 360 degree bar right off the lobby and they also have a place called Nine18 that looks incredible. GG and I have not been there as of yet though.

Do you eat at the club often and what changes would you make to your own club's dining?

Taking GG tonight to Nine18 at the club.
We do like fine dining every now and then and want to give it a comparison to Ironwood Grille at PGA National that we liked so much. Ironically it turns out that the chef at Nine18 used to be with PGA National. Small world.

We do like fine dining every now and then and want to give it a comparison to Ironwood Grille at PGA National that we liked so much. Ironically it turns out that the chef at Nine18 used to be with PGA National. Small world.

Is this the reason you had to get some McDonalds in your system earlier, because you knew where you were taking GG for dinner? Haha

That place looks so good, I enjoy eating at a nicer restaurant occasionally also. I almost always order the chef's speciality of the day, it is always good and if they are promotining it that day I feel like he/she is very proud of that particular dish.

Dinner tonight was outstanding. Nice to be back at a club that offers a really good restaurant. And we even took some pictures of the food, that will be coming up shortly.

Dinner tonight was outstanding. Nice to be back at a club that offers a really good restaurant. And we even took some pictures of the food, that will be coming up shortly.

I would have been shocked had you not taken any pics, looking forward to the posts and descriptions.

Tuna appetizer
Onion soup served in an onion
Caprese salad
Filet with mushroom demi glace
Sea bass with pineapple rum sauce
Grand mariner souflee
Chocolate bomb cake

Tuna appetizer
Caprese salad
Grand mariner souflee
Chocolate bomb cake

Wow that looks amazing, I love a night out every now and then!

Tuna appetizer
Caprese salad
Grand mariner souflee
Chocolate bomb cake

hmmmmm man that looks like some show nuff good groceries there buddy! I am pretty proud of you to be able slam all that down at one sitting to :hungry: :thumb:

Wow, that looks like quite the meal, I really like the way the Sea Bass looks, I bet it was delicious. I don't know how you were able to chose your desert, I hope you shared so you could enjoy both.

Oh, I know you killed that dessert. Food looks great. Especially that tuna and the soup. Congrats on finding yourself a place like that.

That looked a lot better than the pizza we picked up on the way home!

hmmmmm man that looks like some show nuff good groceries there buddy! I am pretty proud of you to be able slam all that down at one sitting to :hungry: :thumb:

I had help tonight.

Wow, that looks like quite the meal, I really like the way the Sea Bass looks, I bet it was delicious. I don't know how you were able to chose your desert, I hope you shared so you could enjoy both.

Sea Bass was incredible. Potato crusted. Perfectly cooked. GG's prime fillet was really good too.

Oh, I know you killed that dessert. Food looks great. Especially that tuna and the soup. Congrats on finding yourself a place like that.

Dude, this place BURIES Ironwood and you know how much I like that place.

I had help tonight.

Sea Bass was incredible. Potato crusted. Perfectly cooked. GG's prime fillet was really good too.

Dude, this place BURIES Ironwood and you know how much I like that place.

Really? I have to get a meal in there in 2011 for sure.

Man that all looks so good JB! Glad you found a great golf club that also has an amazing restaurant.

Back