Forum Testing - Golf Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, especially since JB said not everybody testing would get the same ball.

I wonder if the testers will be matched up with a ball that is similar to the one they currently use or one that is completely different.

Looking forward to the announcement

I wonder if the testers will be matched up with a ball that is similar to the one they currently use or one that is completely different.

Looking forward to the announcement

I would guess it would be similar, because so many people have done fittings to get into a ball, but that is part of the excitement too!

Im not going to lie, this post confuses me quite a bit?

Whats confusing about it? Like v1x but MG for money is ball I play. Next question what balls played ie list of balls played.

Next question why you like ball hence explanation of reason why. Its a high performing ball long off tee and soft into greens not a tremendous amount of spin so my shots check well not spin back.

I don't know why confusing but hope this helps.

Whats confusing about it? Like v1x but MG for money is ball I play. Next question what balls played ie list of balls played.

Next question why you like ball hence explanation of reason why. Its a high performing ball long off tee and soft into greens not a tremendous amount of spin so my shots check well not spin back.

I think he was talking about the 20 a dozen.

It was confusing because the entire thread is a signup for ball testing.
Where each person answers the questions listed.
There are many threads for "favorite ball"
Just confusing is all.

I'm not sure I'm sold on all the ball fitting discussion. Really seems like a marketing ploy to me. Unless you are a serious low handicap I really don't think its going to impact a mid high handicappers game what so ever.

Doesn't mean want to play top rocks or anything but any premium ball I'm going to shoot similiar score I think. I still play many different premium balls and like v1x the best but at 40 a dozen I don't find myself gaining that big of advantage over a 20 a dozen ball premium like MG or refurbed balls.

Maybe I need some enlightening but when I see balls slicing and skimming on ground not sure a fitting really help that.

Not meaning to be cynical just not sure I see that big of difference or help vs other similiar balls.

It was confusing because the entire thread is a signup for ball testing.
Where each person answers the questions listed.
There are many threads for "favorite ball"
Just confusing is all.

OHHHHHH sorry that's my bad...I mis read earlier quotes asking sorry about that!!!

I play the same ball but you may want to list the questions followed by your answers...Little less confusing.

Nvm

Posted via Tapatalk

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Taylormade Penta for special/tournament rounds. 2010 Bridgestone E5 & "found" Titleist ProV1 for everyday use.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? TopFlite D2 Feel, Maxfli Revolution- several varieties.
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Spin coming into the green from short & far.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am taking practice rounds on my home course a few days a week, allowing for multiple shots to ensure the difference between the ball and my swing. I work the short game area quite a bit, hitting wedges from 20, 50 & 100yds. I am also currently practicing working my long irons & driver both directions & in increments. I have several hours each morning to use towards grading & sharing my thoughts.

I play the same ball but you may want to list the questions followed by your answers...Little less confusing.

Yep I misread board by bad...thanks

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Callaway Tour iz, I am trying ot get used to them for the Morgan Cup
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? TM Penta, B330S, Cally Tour iS, TM Tour
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Distance off the driver, great feel on putts, and durability
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I will do my best to give honest feedback on the balls as well as put them through the ringer. I am a very active member of THP and nothing will change that

I love the fact that this is a blind test, I admit that the first thing I look at when it comes to equipment is name brand. Very cool idea.

I love the fact that this is a blind test, I admit that the first thing I look at when it comes to equipment is name brand. Very cool idea.

X2! This would be great to test!

I don't know that the testing will be blind. I just think we don't know who the company is yet. Unless I skimmed over that part.

I don't know that the testing will be blind. I just think we don't know who the company is yet. Unless I skimmed over that part.

JB posted that you wont know what Brand you are testing until it arrives at your house.

JB posted that you wont know what Brand you are testing until it arrives at your house.

Which is why I said it wouldn't be a blind test, because you will know what they are. It's only being kept secret during signup.

There was a recent ball test that was a blind test. The ball didn't say which brand it was.

Which is why I said it wouldn't be a blind test, because you will know what they are. It's only being kept secret during signup.

There was a recent ball test that was a blind test. The ball didn't say which brand it was.

Ah ok, I reread your post, I see what you are saying now.

When are the testers going to be announced?

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone B330s. I took the Bridgestone challenge, and compared to the ProV1X I carried my drives consitently 10 yards farther (280 yds).
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? I only have ProV1s and Bridgestone's in my bag. I've never tested golf balls before, so i'm very intrigued to see if there is anything out there that can help me finally break par!
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? A ball that feels soft, hence good around the greens (especially putting). I already hit the ball far enough, so extra distance isn't that big of a deal lol
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Right now I play my local course every Monday, so if chosen I plan on testing the balls during that time. I know I haven't been a very active member of THP, but I really intend on getting more involved. I think this is a great way for me to do just that and to give back to the community from my reviews. I'm a good golfer and I can give accurate feedback on how the balls react to my game. Thanks

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? I play the Pro-V. I like the way it responds around the green, and how it feels.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Callaway I-z, Pro-V 1x, Taylormade Burner, Taylormade Penta
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I need a ball that has low spin off a driver, and is responsive around the greens, and will check up.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I read a lot more than I post. I read everyday because there are so many people with a lot of things to say.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why?pro v1. I like the soft feel around the green and distance off the tee.

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Taylormade penta
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I look for minimal spin off the tee, and responsiveness from my irons and shots around the green
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Multiple shots with current ball and demo ball. Ranging from tee to green

I thought I read we will know the ball company in the news letter. The testers wont know which ball from that company until it arrives..:confused2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back