GG's Swing Change Video Diary

Great video of your swing and I'm sure you'll reach your goals SOON.
I'm in a series of lessons myself right now, and I saw myself on video for the first time two weeks ago. So I know exactly how you feel Wow! In my mind's eye I was Dustin Johnson - on video I was Elmer Fudd.

Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing your results and progress.

That's awesome GG. Great job on the swing improvement. I'm really excited for ya!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

It does take some guts to put videos of yourself out there for the world to see. I love the audio recap. It really gives you something to look at and to listen to as you work and practice all of the new stuff the instructor throws at you.

Great stuff GG, the new setup and swing look good. I like what the coach had to say and the way he said it. Glad to see you are having fun with this. Enjoy the journey, looking forward to following.

Putting up the videos makes me feel a bit vulnerable. Now everyone can see my flaws just as clearly as I can. But it's also good, because it will hopefully show improvement over the new few months.

Nothing to be nervous about, GG. The explanation video was great! Such a big improvement already. Way to go!

This is great GG. Looking forward to following your journey! Like One-T, I'm extremely excited for you!

That was a really cool analysis of your swing GG. You can totally see you are well on your way to improvement.

I can see right now JB is going to be on the "ole grays get your butt kicked by your wife team" in the near future. :D... I like the way your instructor was comparing the two body postions and working his magic! This is going to be really cool to follow and good luck little buddy!

Last edited:
I just updated the first post with my lesson day audio and video clip. The audio is a little low so you might need to turn your speakers all the way up. As you can see I am struggling a lot with the body turn. It's either all body or no body.

I couldnt quite hear it old by my computer kinda sucks with volume. The body turn is tough, and you'll get it. Keep up the good work GG.

I couldnt quite hear it old by my computer kinda sucks with volume. The body turn is tough, and you'll get it. Keep up the good work GG.

The volume is a lot lower on this one. We had some wind and I think it was causing some major interference.

GG, I commend you for starting to take lessons and also for putting up your videos on here. I started taking lessons last year and my game has improved significantly, yet I still want to vomit at times when I see my swing on the screen! However, it's great to get feedback via video, because what we feel in the swing is definitely different at times from what is really happening!

Best of luck with the lessons, and it will be great to follow your progress in this thread.

This is GREAT GG! Congrats on starting a journey that will likely result in you enjoying golf much much more for a long time. Seems to me like you're already making some positive changes and connecting with your instructor. The scores will come eventually...focus on the process and working on what your instructor wants you to work on. Good luck and I look forward to following your progress.

I just updated the first post with my lesson day audio and video clip. The audio is a little low so you might need to turn your speakers all the way up. As you can see I am struggling a lot with the body turn. It's either all body or no body.

Boy did I have this same problem! I was so focused on turning that I started going way too far inside and had new problems come up as a result. Your videos are really helpful to those of us who still struggle with how it's all supposed to work. BTW, your posture looks really good.

I love the videos GG! The audio recap was very informative. It has to be awesome to not only have those facilities but also have an instructor that you click with. This is gonna be awesome to follow.

Boy did I have this same problem! I was so focused on turning that I started going way too far inside and had new problems come up as a result. Your videos are really helpful to those of us who still struggle with how it's all supposed to work. BTW, your posture looks really good.

Thanks! At least I have something going for me. The rest is a massive work in progress.

Just checking in on the thread, I am excited for you GG and look forward to following your progress. I just recently completed my 3rd lesson and am already seeing improvement. I know you will be kicking some butt by time the 2012 outing comes around. Keep up the good work, it will come.

Ill pull it up on my phone in a bit (louder than my laptop) because your instructor has a lot of good insight. Something I think a lot of people are going to benefit from. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

The volume is a lot lower on this one. We had some wind and I think it was causing some major interference.

I'm impressed with the video tech in the lessons GG. I kept pausing the videos picking up little tidbits of info.

Kudos to you for stepping up and having the drive to improve, lord knows you have the work ethic to achieve your goal.

--
tapatalk

Great job GG, thanks for sharing your journey with us. I'm betting we can all learn a lot from what you learn.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Hi GG,

Thank you so much for sharing your golf lessons with us!! It takes a lot of commitment to be so willing to share and a lot of trust to be so open and vulnerable. Like others, I am picking up tips from watching your lessons.

GG great videos and INSANE improvements from your original swing already. It's funny all those lines make you look like a trippy 3D neon cartoon.

The improvement was impressive! If you continue to improve at this rate, you'll meet and surpass your goals rapidly! This also demonstrates what can be achieved with lessons. I hope to be on that path soon with lessons!

Back