Visulax Golf App Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
By Todd H.

Here at THP, we try to review anything and everything that a golfer could want. Sometimes it’s conventional and sometimes it’s unconventional. With the explosion of smart phones, tablet computers and portable mp3 players it was only a matter of time before the golf industry took advantage of this portable technology. The latest item to go portable is the Visulax golf app for the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. The app’s goal is to aid the golfer by helping their game via improvement in the mental side of golf. I for one have been interested in the mental side of golf for some time and believe in certain techniques. Will this app continue to improve my outlook on the mental side of golf and be a ‘birdie’ or will it cloud my mind and be a ‘bogey?’ Check it out.

Read on Here

Another great review by Hanks!

I love that THP are exploring every facet of golf technology with new stuff like this. I’m really interested in improving the mental side of my game and I understand just how difficult it is to find something that just triggers the right thoughts at the right time.
This app sounds like it’s useful for relaxation and getting you in the right frame of mind, but maybe just not in depth enough to be the complete tool for the mental game.

Mental preparation is very important for golf. Relaxation training and mental focus has to be a plus for any golfer. I enjoyed the review and looking forward to seeing how this works as more golfers work on their subconscious skills.

I too think this is an interesting concept, I would imagine that this one would need to be listened to over and over to really ingrain it into you subconscious. I too can see the benefit of this, but I am not sure this would be for me as I know I would probably only listen to it once and then that would be it. Thanks for the great write up Hanks.

I was surprised to see that they had something like this out there. Definitely not anything that I'd be interested in, but I'm sure there are some folks that could get benefit out of it. Thanks, Todd.

I can't buy into this type of thing, but if it helps other people more power to them!

I've used an app called see it golf where you listen to relaxing music and watch a first person view of putts going into a hole from different angles. Supposed to build putting confidence. I think it worked a little bit. Was different but my putting was so bad I'd try anything.

I can't buy into this type of thing, but if it helps other people more power to them!

Its a great review but I can't spend $6 on something that may not work for me. I can think of a lot of other things I would spend the money on.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Its a great review but I can't spend $6 on something that may not work for me. I can think of a lot of other things I would spend the money on.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I'm tempted to give it a try. I do believe in things like this and I tend to get first tee jitters when things become more important and need a way to relax my body sooner, and not play awful the first 3 holes.

I'm not completely sold on the concept. We all know that transferring practice to course is very hard when the pressure is on, much like Hanks said in his review. I'm sure it could work for some, but $7 for this also seems a bit high, especially when you're only getting about half an hour worth of content. Thanks for the review Hanks!

This is a very interesting idea. I played with a guy the other day who spends 30 mins meditating before each round. He was pretty good.

I could see how this could help in relaxing, but to take it to the course and have it help my focus on my game…I just dont see that. Interesting concept though, and an excellent, honest review. Well done Hanks!

"I was greeted by a soothing male voice telling me to ‘get into a comfortable position."

Wait what? I'd be nervous at that point. :laughing:

But, seriously, it's a cool concept. I'm not sure I'd spend that kind of cash on it, plus I don't own anything apple. But I like the idea of just sitting at home, putting on some classical music, and envisioning the joys of golf, my shots, the scenery, etc.

$7 for an app, or $7 for a couple cans of swing oil (if so inclined).

I think I'll make a pre-round playlist instead.

Excellent job on the review. It can be hard to apply the mental side of things to the golf game overnight- or some cases immediately. Maybe over time you will remember some of what you learned from this app and be able to apply it to your game. Thanks for the write up!

Great review Hanks. What I like about the mental tips is they can help form a routine which is often something a lot of are lacking. Well done.

Since I don't have a Smart Phone, this is definitely not for me.

great review...just not quite my cup of tea

After reading the review, I did go out and purchase this application and tried it last night. I do like it a lot, I think its a great thing to do before going to bed.

Being that said, I do have some criticism on the review itself.

He states that it only takes 30-35 minutes to do it. The voice in the application states that this is not something that will happen overnight, and they believe around after 21 days is when you can really use this. Now, the review did not say how long he had it for, but it sounded like to me like he tried it once, went to the course and couldn't get into the zone they talk about here. This is of no surprise when you just got it this.

What I like in this application is they talk a lot about visualization, tempo, balance, and feel. The voice constantly says these words often and they start to ingrain into your head.

Watch Aaron Baddeley or Jason Day before they hit a shot. Both of them you will see them close their eyes, taking a deep breathe and they are visualizing their shot. Maybe they are playing a mini movie of their entire shot in their head. Either way, these are not things that will just happen overnight.

I think to properly review this, you need to put the time and effort in it, then come back and write about how it made you feel and if you were able to apply the practices.

Back