What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seemed to cool down now off my best scores the last week, the same 9 hole course I shot a 38, and 40,44, I was barely able to muster a 48 today. I was lucky to get to that. Swing has gone from very good, to feeling like I just picked the club up the last 2 days. Timing and tempo is off for some reason.

Played Inniscrone today from the tips for the first time. Let's just say with the wind, it wasn't even fair on the back. I'm fine on a 155 yard Par 3, but following it up with a 476 yard Par 4 is just not right haha.

In Pennsylvania? I enjoyed that course last fall, didn't play well, shot 85 but it was fun.

Congrats on the new personal best. WTG.

Thanks, it was really fun playing better golf. I am playing again tomorrow. Hope I can get below 90 again. I feel like after the tee shot I am playing well enough to drop to 85. Just have to get control of my driver and I can really start lowering my scores.

Played my 5th round in two weeks. Shot a 93 at Waldorf Astoria down here in Orlando didn't have a great round at all. Shot way too many doubles and had a triple. I mean it is a very tough but great golf and playing from the tips didn't help either. Great course pictures are up in the "Course Reviews" section if you want to see them. If ever in the Orlando area got to play there.

Shot 86 at Inniscrone today, the Driver is incredibly key, and I just didn't have mine today. 411 Par 4 (Uphill), 435 Par 4 (Level), 445 Par 4 (Uphill), 434 Par 4 (Level) on the front. 427 Par 4 (Downhill), 470 Par 4 (Level), 472 Par 4 (Slight downhill). 72.7 rating/143 slope/ 6700 yards.

shot my all time low yesterday for 9....34
it was in league against the first place team.
1 bogey and 3 birds with 8 GIR's after the first hole...

Grreat shooting Bama! Sounds like were in the zone.

Yes! Finished the course with the same ball I started with, finally some control. Lowered my Hcp from 16 to 13,9. One triple jack, one bird and the rest bogeys and pars - sucks that i lost the scorecard on the parking lot, but I finished the last 9 with 4 over par. Man I love this game!

shot my all time low yesterday for 9....34
it was in league against the first place team.
1 bogey and 3 birds with 8 GIR's after the first hole...

Nice 9 bama, I know you loved shooting it against the 1st place team, WTG.

Shot my all time low for my home club this morning....1 over 73.

The Ghost Spider was really working well today !

46; 2 penalties off the tee- striking the irons well- had some good looks at par- but the first putts weren't dropping.

Striking the irons really well.

Big weekend- golf sat sun mon. Can't wait!

Shot a 71, it was on a par 64, but still a 71!! I was pleased as I had never played this course before, it also had 9 par 3's.

Played 18 holes again today, just lacked the focus I had on my last round. Shot a 47/48 for a 95. I was striking the ball well when I slowed down and paid attention, but I kept slinking into my old swing, which led to huge slices and duffs.

My driver was working really well today, i slowed down my tempo and focused on using the same swing I use for my irons. It really worked out well, I didn't have any balls where I really slammed it, but my average drive wasn't any shorter than it has been. I was hitting the ball with a slight fade. The only time I was slicing it was when I let my mind slip and I reverted back to the quick tempo and really trying to kill the ball.

Overall, it was a dissapointing round score wise. But I think I had some good shots I can really build on from here on out. Hopefully I will be playin again on Sunday, we'll see how that turns out.

Played 18 this afternoon in 2.2 hours (all by myself and hardly anyone on the course) and shot an 86. Both of these scores were quite good for me (I'm generally low to mid 90s with some high 80s thrown in here or there) so I'm happy. Definitely feel improvement in my wedge game, which is the worst part of my game and the one I've been working on the most the past few weeks at the range.

Played the same course, this time from the tips (just over 7000 yards). Again, it was deserted; again, I got done in just over 2 hours; and again, I shot an 86. I'm feeling really good about my game right now, which means an implosion can't be too far down the road. There's no way I can keep this up.

2nd shots into the greens were not their today, all around iron striking was very poor. Try again Monday...

Screenshot2011-07-29at15452PM.png

Struggled on the back today, 42+47 for an 89..... Had issues of the tee and put the driver in the bag and stuck with the 3 wood.

40/38 = 78

1 Triple
5 Bogeys
11 Pars
1 Birdie

9 Fairways
10 Greens
32 Putts

H-Cap dropped to 4.7

Struggled on the back today, 42+47 for an 89..... Had issues of the tee and put the driver in the bag and stuck with the 3 wood.

Sometimes its the best thing to do. I know since I really started using "course management" my score dropped.

Shot a 39+41 for an 80 on the day at Meadow Lake (quite a nice course for the price). Could have been closer to par, but I missed 9 birdie putts (granted they were all pretty long putts).

2nd shots into the greens were not their today, all around iron striking was very poor. Try again Monday...

Screenshot2011-07-29at15452PM.png

Cool scorecard, how'd you get that? Rough back 9 with the penalties.

Cool scorecard, how'd you get that? Rough back 9 with the penalties.

Yea it was brutal. Its the GolfShot App for Iphone and I think Droid. Great app that keeps all your stats, scores and just everything you need. Its my GPS and scorecard all in one. I think its only $30, best app I have.

Grreat shooting Bama! Sounds like were in the zone.

Nice 9 bama, I know you loved shooting it against the 1st place team, WTG.

It just all fell into place.....and that was with the new 3H Titleist 909H that I picked up from my porch after work.....
Might look into a 17° 909H as they are really sweet and that would be like a 4W that no one likes to carry for lefties...

Great 9 Bama!!!

I shot a personal course record yesterday of 72(even). 4 birdies, 4 bogeys. Best round in 2+ years.

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

Nice shooting long boy, sounds like you might be getting ready for some tournament or something. :D

Yesterday i shot an even par 70. Consisted of a 33 front 9 and 37 back nine. Bogeyed the 18th to lose my -1 round. Today i got the -1 69 round but i once again bogeyed the 18th with a 3putt. Today my putting was on point. Had 29putts hitting 13 GIRs. Iron striking is good but i got this big draw that is just drawing too much that i need to get fixed. I found it very cool that both my rounds from yesterday and today had identical front 9 scores for every hole. I birdied 1 and 4 both days and bogeyed 7 both days while parring all the rest. Don't think i have done that back to back days before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back