2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha! I will always try though. For me the smack talk is possibly the funnest part. Then if I fall on my face, I fall on my face. The troll has grown on me anyway

Good on ya man... I'm not huge on individual games but I end up being a sucker for a team game..

Hahahaha! I will always try though. For me the smack talk is possibly the funnest part. Then if I fall on my face, I fall on my face. The troll has grown on me anyway

And nothing on the troll has grown, sorry I could not resist. :D

I don't know that I'd recognize him without it... It's become him quite well!

Meeting him for the first time won't be as good for the rest of you, as you know sort of what CL looks like. We all thought he was going to be a Chunky lover, not a small fit fellow. Great guy though, but chunky he is not.

I would have figured you could have changed your avy by now. I do like it though.

JB has control until he tells me otherwise as far as I'm concerned.

Meeting him for the first time won't be as good for the rest of you, as you know sort of what CL looks like. We all thought he was going to be a Chunky lover, not a small fit fellow. Great guy though, but chunky he is not.

If he isn't bald and frowning I am going to be seriously pissed.

May be waiting for RxGus to come out of self imposed exile, where has he been?

I played with him a couple months ago and he said he was about to get pretty swamped at his work... I need to catch up with that guy!!

If he isn't bald and frowning I am going to be seriously pissed.

Yikes. Depending how big you are I might need to shave my head.

Yikes. Depending how big you are I might need to shave my head.

hahahaha!!! No worries CL, I can't wait to meet you dude, bald or not.

Also, I may be tall, but I am by no means "big".... Maybe in shoulder pads with a hockey stick in my hands.. But that's about it!

I just feel like it needs to be said. Gus was a great partner and really kept us in the match early on. I would play with him again anytime just maybe not against JB lol

Thanks for the offer, I couldn't make the date picked.

Well, I'm sure there'll be another day before the official outing being that we can golf through the "winter" here. (Yeah that was intended for our northern friends)

Chunky lover looks nothing like his avatar and he Stomped me last time we played together. Gus os busy as hell because he is implementing a new system and he is solely responsible for that. He is also going to Ghana like WR said. Kelly Bo could probably beat most of us by herself. She stomps me into the ground every time we play. Cone to think of it, I don't think I have ever beaten anybody. I think I have also had too much Pinot Noir tonight. That's it, I am going to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone, so please ignore my horrid spelling mistakes.

page 3??? wtf ppl!!! lol

Gus is getting ready to take a trip to Africa to help out some villages there.
That is so cool.

I just feel like it needs to be said. Gus was a great partner and really kept us in the match early on. I would play with him again anytime just maybe not against JB lol
I think Gus is quite a guy, interesting to talk to and fun to play with.

Chunky lover looks nothing like his avatar and he Stomped me last time we played together. Gus is busy as hell because he is implementing a new system and he is solely responsible for that. He is also going to Ghana like WR said. Kelly Bo could probably beat most of us by herself. She stomps me into the ground every time we play. Cone to think of it, I don't think I have ever beaten anybody. I think I have also had too much Pinot Noir tonight. That's it, I am going to sleep.

I knew there was some reason for his absence, I did not know exactly what it is, I am very proud of him as should be all THPers, quite a fellow for sure. I have been missing his thoughts and comments.

come on spot, open up lol

Besides the demo day, what was everyone's favorite part of the 2011 outing?

Chunky lover looks nothing like his avatar and he Stomped me last time we played together. Gus os busy as hell because he is implementing a new system and he is solely responsible for that. He is also going to Ghana like WR said. Kelly Bo could probably beat most of us by herself. She stomps me into the ground every time we play. Cone to think of it, I don't think I have ever beaten anybody. I think I have also had too much Pinot Noir tonight. That's it, I am going to sleep.

I definitely think you've had one too many Seth! I wish I could play golf that good! Last week I shot 19 strokes difference from one round to the next. I am so streaky that even Windex can't help me. My instructor told me he is going to drill a hole in the side of my head, suck out my brain matter, and insert new matter because it's all in my head. Imagine golf being mental! Who would have thought it? Can't wait to tee it up with you guys again!!!

Absolutely. Isnt that the best part? Some people we have learned cannot take it as well. Fear sets in...hehe

You have done your time as far as I am concerned.

That was the plan, but he is not coming back for a while I have a feeling.

Gus is busy as hell because he is implementing a new system and he is solely responsible for that. He is also going to Ghana like WR said.

Never thought I would see the day, where he would just stop completely here. I wont get into testing, etc.. because this is not the place, just surprised. Also very surprised that he is signed up for the next one I believe. Seth, you made a strong statement about not socializing with people coming to the outing that are not active on THP and that taking a spot from someone that is, is not fair. Do you have a problem with this in any way?

Besides the demo day, what was everyone's favorite part of the 2011 outing?

THP Dinner, no question about it.

Never thought I would see the day, where he would just stop completely here. I wont get into testing, etc.. because this is not the place, just surprised. Also very surprised that he is signed up for the next one I believe. Seth, you made a strong statement about not socializing with people coming to the outing that are not active on THP and that taking a spot from someone that is, is not fair. Do you have a problem with this in any way?

This is an interesting question, all of us appreciate Gus' involvement here at THP. His reviews, comments and banter are well thought out, informative and entertaining he has been a great resource and friend to many here. Due to his inactivity over the past few months I guess he would fall into Seth's definition of inactive member, but just going on recollection I believe Seth was talking about a person coming to the outing and introducing themselves and none of us there recognizing their name of THP handle. Not trying to put words in his mouth, but that is what I thought he was saying.
Having said all of that, I too never considered THP without RxGus being here, I know he has to be super busy to be staying away and really hope he is able to become active again before the outing.

I stand behind my strong statements because that is the way I feel, but as you said, there is still time for people, including Gus, to become active (or active again). I think the main difference in this situation is that Gus was active at one point and he has been to 2 outings already. My strong comments were more geared to the people I thought were signing up to get an awesome weekend of golf for cheap without the price of being active at all. I would hate to see someone who has made less than 50 posts in a year take someones spot who made the mistake of waiting too long. I did make a mistake in those comments when I said that I would not talk to anybody who I feel is taking advantage. You know me and you know that I am basically incapable of being mean. I would never shun somebody for any reasonable reason. I would hope that those people would become active after they see how awesome the members are.

I do wish Gus was more active on here and I do think he needs to be more active before going to the outing. I am saying this as a friend of his. I am sure he will be active again after his trip to Ghana.

Edit: You hit the mail on the head DawgD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back