Should Tiger Play in the President's Cup?

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
Lots of Tiger talk lately. He says he's healthy but he needs reps. Yet he opts out of tournies.

Simple question: should he play in the President's Cup?

Isn't that for the good players?

Hell no. That should be strictly for those who are playing well.

tap on deez

Based on past history yes but the past is the past. What have you done for me lately? Or in the last two years? NOTHING. I heard them saying that it was being left up to tigger if he was going to play or not and I think that is a big mistake. He'll take a spot of some young gun with some actual game.

Yes, for RATINGS! This past week is the perfect example, the final round of the PGA got a 4.1 rating. Thats BRUTAL, to put it in perspective, the final round of the masters this year was a 12.4 when tiger was relevant and had a shot. A 4.1 is terrible and is probably what the presidents cup would get if Tigers not in it. Whether you love him, or hate him or just don't care, if you're a fan of golf you want Tiger to be relevant so that the sport can continue to grow and have the purses they do now. Young guns no matter how much the PGA Tour tries to market them are just not bringing ratings, people love to watch dynasties and dominatiing players, whether they are rooting against them or cheering for them, domination brings ratings.

All I'm saying is the President's Cup needs Tiger, and I guarantee all the advertisers are pushing hard for him to be there.

Reactions: TC
I think if Freddie asks him to play then Tiger has to. Can you imagine the shat-storm he will endure if he refuses? He's got time to work on the stack-and-tilt swing between now and then so that should give him plenty of time to get the reps needed.

I vote no. Top players now, not in the past.

No. Wait. Nope. He stinks. Like a cheese fart.

Kevin

I'm a huge Tiger fan and I say no. His head's not right and it won't be when the PC comes around, his swing looks like hell, and his short game resembles mine. He'll be remembered poorly for making another bad decision if you ask me.

But it's his bottom to hit, I've already hit mine!

Yes, for RATINGS! This past week is the perfect example, the final round of the PGA got a 4.1 rating. Thats BRUTAL, to put it in perspective, the final round of the masters this year was a 12.4 when tiger was relevant and had a shot. A 4.1 is terrible and is probably what the presidents cup would get if Tigers not in it. Whether you love him, or hate him or just don't care, if you're a fan of golf you want Tiger to be relevant so that the sport can continue to grow and have the purses they do now. Young guns no matter how much the PGA Tour tries to market them are just not bringing ratings, people love to watch dynasties and dominatiing players, whether they are rooting against them or cheering for them, domination brings ratings.

All I'm saying is the President's Cup needs Tiger, and I guarantee all the advertisers are pushing hard for him to be there.

Ratings will be dismal anyway due to where it is being held.

No Freakin' Way!!!

I'm sure for ratings purposes, there are a lot pushing for him to be in.

My opinion, of he plays he takes the spot of someone who is deserving of the opportunity. Based on his play, he does not deserve to be playing in the Presidents Cup.

---
- ...just tap it in...

Absolutely not. I'll lose a ton of respect for Freddie if he picks TW for his team. No frickin way should he be on it right now.

I say no because he isn't playing well but the ratings would be better if he played....

I say yes! (Of course) he still played well at the Ryder cup especially in his singles match. And he was relevant on Sunday if only for a moment at Augusta. And like CB says, ratings speak for themselves.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

No, I think tournies like these should be reward for good play and you should have to play your way in.

I say everyone in golf is better due to the fact that he existed and tons of people made tons more money because of him, from larger purses and everything else imaginable. Golf would not be where it is today without him. I think he should be able to do whatever he feels like doing.

I say everyone in golf is better due to the fact that he existed and tons of people made tons more money because of him, from larger purses and everything else imaginable. Golf would not be where it is today without him. I think he should be able to do whatever he feels like doing.

He already does that.

I'm going to disagree.

Kevin

I think coolbreeze makes some good points. It's all about the benjamin's and Tiger makes it rain. I wish he would use events like these as a chance to embrace some bonding time and lowering of his guard.

Top 12 as of today, I'd take Tiger over the bolded.

Steve Stricker
Matt Kuchar
Phil Mickelson
Nick Watney
Dustin Johnson
Bubba Watson
David Toms
Hunter Mahan
Bill Haas
Jim Furyk
Rickie Fowler
Bo Van Pelt

I say yes! (Of course) he still played well at the Ryder cup especially in his singles match. And he was relevant on Sunday if only for a moment at Augusta. And like CB says, ratings speak for themselves.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

He rode Stricker's coat tails, and played a Molinari in singles. Not exactly the cream of the European crop now is he?

He rode Stricker's coat tails, and played a Molinari in singles. Not exactly the cream of the European crop now is he?

Hairy, though.

Kevin

I think coolbreeze makes some good points. It's all about the benjamin's and Tiger makes it rain. I wish he would use events like these as a chance to embrace some bonding time and lowering of his guard.

Philosophically speaking TC, I know a few times you have mentioned you want TW to come clean with everyone. Lets say the guy is just kind of a jerk and thats who he is, he doesnt come clean because he doesnt care what we think. Would you want him to come clean and all even if he doesnt want to and it would be in a way fake?

I dont know any of this to be fact, just hypothetically.

Back